Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516032 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #810 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Hi, my name is Jake and since I saw a chance to introduce myself I thought that I would and at the same time reach out and ask if any one has the same set up and would be willing to help a novice set up a pendent.  I have a x3 mill with a c11g board and smooth stepper to connect to my computer.  I recently bought a mpg4 pendent and c22 interface but  I'm having a tough time setting it up.  Up to now I have been able to answer all my questions by reading other peoples posts.  This particular set up seems to have slowed me down. Any help would be great.  Thank you all in advance.

Jake

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 02, 2010, 02:34:10 AM »
Hi Jake,

Post your problem, with as much detail as possible, under the 'General Mach Discussion' topic and I am certain that suggestions to resolve the issue will be made pretty quickly. There are a great many members here only too willing to help you.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #812 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
Hello,
I'm new here and am building a 6'X12' router table. you can see pics here:
http://www.keeperswoodworking.com/id11.html
The build uses a Machmotion controller, cncrouterparts bearings, and of course 8020 rails.

Offline Jd

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
Hello all, My name is JD I live in Lafayette Colorado, I have been a master engine machinist and master automotive mechanic and Harley mechanic for the last 30+ years. I picked up a old Millrite milling machine 20 years ago and having a back ground playing with computers and electronics was always thinking it would be cool to motorize the beast, so I did it with DC motors, this was okay at the time but I still wanted to be able to walk away from the machine more and the limit switches I had to use at that time were a pain. Fast forward, a wood working friend, bought a CnC wood lathe last year and asked me to look at it, after determining that computer was shot and the drivers were so old that documentation couldn't be found, we began looking for replacements and was surprised at stuff out there now, we replaced what we needed and it now works great. During this project I started, thinking about my mill ( didn't use it much) and decided to take the plunge, so 3 months later I have a fully functioning medium size vertical milling machine and get a blast out of playing with it when I am not cussing it. ( it's like being married again). And now like all newbies am constantly looking for new projects and pushing the machine limits so heres to the ART OF CnC.                     JD     
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »
Newbie hear Do not want to get kicked out so here is my 1st post. I hope this is the place that will solve my CNC problems!!
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »
Hey I'm Jeff located in NY.
I have been programming / running a water jet machine using Sigma Nest for the past 10 years. Just getting started with Mach3 for milling. I'm using Bob CAD for the programming.
« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »
Hi I am Rob

I bought a Romaxx HS1 with absolutely no idea how to use it, almost no woodworking experience and marginal computer skills. I am 6 months into the learning curve and really enjoying it. My background is as an artist and I use it to make toys and games for my kids and the children that I work with. I have a website that tells you more about me www.robneves.com and you can check out some of my stuff on lumberjock.com under romansfivefive.
« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2010, 05:52:07 PM »
Hi, I'm Bill and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I decided I wanted to learn more about CNC and so I built a DIYLILCNC, and use Mach 3 for control.
« Reply #818 on: May 13, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »
   Hi, this is Steve from north central Minnesota. I would like to know as much as possible about almost everything......I would like to meet up with local Mach users in Minnesota, I am a Machinist by trade.....am familiar by text ( motorola library) electronics....  guess looking for what most everyone else is....
build a cnc machine , call it my own? (with a little help from my friends) :)

« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »
Hi, My name is Raymond,
I live in Gatineau,Québec, Canada  ;). I am a printer by trade, just recently retired. I have always being interested in working with wood. Started to read about CNC two year ago and got my juice flowing.
After purchasing some components I was able to build my CNC machine (Had absolutly no expertise in mechanical or electrical knowledge), hence the name "capable".
Have purchase the Vcarve pro software and presently doing some trial runs. Some are good, some are terrible.
It sure make the days go by very quickly and am very please that such forum exist to seek members knowledge on some of their successes and failures.

Bonne journée