Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:58:51 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511446 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1610 on: December 09, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
Hello
My name is Richard. Wolverhampton UK. Just retired from Lubricants Industry and need to catch up with all that I have missed so far. I know nothing of CNC operation, but it's always fascinated me so I've now got my toe in the water....bought a cnc router and that's everyone up to date!! At the moment...I just look at it!

Hobbies: Renewed from early age...model boats. DIY (when necessary) woodturning, woodworking,  etc etc. Anything mechanical. You name it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum, nice to see another member from the UK.

Don't forget to post some pictures of the work you do with your new CNC machine.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1612 on: December 17, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
Hey I'm metalfreak and that registering form for this site BLOWS MAN!!! it would not except the captcha thing but anyway I'm new to airsoft and automated plasma tables and I have a lot of questions coming at you guys.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:58:24 PM by metalfreak »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 18, 2012, 06:22:22 AM »
metalfreak,
Been a long time since I registered so not sure what you mean by the captcha thing. Constructive comments
are always welcomed.
RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 19, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »
THe Captcha thingy is there to help prevent SPAMBOTS from taking over this site.

AND they will, (;-) TP
« Reply #1615 on: December 19, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, just trying to learn the basics of my Mach3 software and my 24" x 24" mill that i am using for PCB prototypes. Here's a problem i have, maybe you could help me out. I am trying to program the software to drill 7 holes and then mill a circle around the holes, thus releasing the part from the mother. My Mach3 has a wizard that does this but somehow i have it all messed up so that it does not produce code like the other wizards do. Could you give me figures for the Wizard "Cut Circle" by Kiran that will work. After that, I will plug in my own figures one at a time and observe the results. I am running Mach3 R3.042.040 PS: the reason i am messing with wizards is that my Eagle to PCBCode process doesnt mill the circle like it should, it just puts out a 1kb file which is nothing at all.
« Reply #1616 on: December 20, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
I'm new, but I'm pretty old. 68. My son, Gus, is a machinist but he has to work and doesn't have time for this right now. We bought a very old Rock Mill running Mach3 from another fellow in town who had the mill in his garage. Last night, we wrote some Gcode in Microsoft Word and saved it as a US ASCII plain test file. Then we tried File and Load Gcode from the Mach3 menu and it quickly shows up on the Mach3 screen, but it does not run. Also, it is not a .tap file. Where might I look in this forum for some discussion of .tap files and how to use or convert ascii files? thank you.
« Reply #1617 on: December 20, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »
I introduced myself a minute ago, and now its gone

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 21, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Hi Regularjo,

It is best to place any questions as a new topic in the General section as this is only the place for introductions.

Mach3 will accept .txt / .nc / .tap file extensions - so as long as your GCode is in the right format for Mach to understand there is no problem.
If your code does not run you will probably have an error message in the status panel (bottom of Mach window) and this gives the clue to the reason it will not run.
Perhaps take a look at the sample GCode programs (Mach3 / GCode folder) and verify that your GCode is in the same format etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1619 on: December 21, 2012, 03:10:12 AM »
I have some CNC machines running on other systems, but several people have advised me to convert them to the Mach software. Is there anyone in the London area who could advise (on a professional basis) on how to do this, and perhaps help with the changeover process?

Ronp