Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:56:12 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511612 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2090 on: May 18, 2015, 06:34:06 AM »
Hi Guys,
I have been a member since 2009 and just realised I haven't taken the time to introduce myself. My apology for this fopar.
Im am a Ex Army(Australian D.O.D) Apprentice Fitter and Turner(graduated), specializing in heat treatment, gear cutting and metrology, with a side order of CAD.
I have spent 20+ years writing and programing in Assembly, and VB as well as some minor DOS languages. I taught VB and ICT in College for two years and currently run my own Computer Business.
I typed/punched cards programs for CNC(if you could call them that) machines then tapes etc etc for 5-6 years way back when ;D. In 2009 I bought my own Milling machine and decided to CNC retrofit it.
Hence the reason I'm on here. Since that time the mill has had Ball screws fitted, HobbyCNC Pro driver Board with Mach3 cONTROL SOFTWARE. I make, design and build Race engines, gearboxes and chassis in my spare time (what there is of it lately)for my family and friends who all race in one category of motorsport or another. And yes we have national and State titles in most.
The mill has been a godsend for small intricate parts and punching out quick change gears for gearboxes etc. I work in materials ranging from Plastic through Aluminium, Brass, Carbon steel to more excotic Alloy steels and Chrome Molly Steels.
Id like to take the time to thank everyone who has helped me get the mill up and running over the years. And yes changing from one machine type of GCode to another has caused me a generous loss of hair and Mill bits over the years :(

Wes
« Reply #2091 on: May 21, 2015, 01:43:17 AM »
Hey gang! Bear here.
Mechanical and controls tradesman by day and Mad Scientist/Maker in the moonlight, who grew up with a OLDDDDDD school dedicated CNC Bridgeport mill in my family's machine shop and just really getting started in building  my own CNCs. If it is technical, I love it!  ::)

« Reply #2092 on: May 26, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »
Mark here in Knoxville. Retired Boeing guy from Seattle. I built a CNCRouterparts system, http://www.cncrouterparts.com/pro4896-4-x-8-cnc-router-kit-p-253.html and am trying to get the spindle to turn. i can get the G-Code to move and draw the Road Runner but i cant get the spindle to take in a RPM setting. I get a flashing yellow light around the Spindle Speed box, where should i post that.
« Reply #2093 on: May 27, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »
I have finished design and construction of a Computer Numerical Controled (CNC) router. I did a lot of research on the net first. I used Sketchup for my drawings. The router is based on the design of Patrick Hood-Daniel except it is 4x4 feet verses his 2x4 feet. The table is based on the Kreg Workbench, Sketchup Video and attached to the x axis of the CNC router the way it was done by Kyle's Woodworking. My son Scott provided a junk computer with a good power supply, which I am using to house the electronics and provide low voltage. Table and Electronics estimated total cost is $800 including Mach3 software. I had some items on hand in my garage.  Used NEMA 23 motors but X axis was too slow so I replaced motor with NEMA 37 at additional $100.  I have completed a number of projects and it has been a learning experience. There is one thing I haven't figured out yet.  System does a good job at cutting out projects.  displays, joging all seem correct, however when I cut a project the x and y axes are interchanged and it cuts at 90 degrees from where expected.  sls4s
« Reply #2094 on: May 30, 2015, 03:11:03 AM »

Hi !

I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
I hope we will have great time here. and I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members,
hope all will guide. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #2095 on: May 31, 2015, 11:30:42 PM »
Hi my name is kevin and my precix controller is being re built into a windows based machine running mach 3.. I have numerous issues with three phase power concerns as i had added a traviani 20 hp vacuum pump on to my three phase converter and it damaged my cnc controller. So now  I need to figure out how to get it running again (seperate digital three phase converter to run just the cnc or a transformer?) and then learn to run Mach 3.. Looking forward to getting some help here..THANKS!!
« Reply #2096 on: June 09, 2015, 06:20:06 AM »
Hello, my name is Scott I am new here to this forum,  I came across it by looking into a table top cnc for home.  I run a large cnc for work which uses Alphacam, Zylog Plus, and cabinet vision.  Now I want a cnc at home so shopping for cnc and software options.
« Reply #2097 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »
My name is Bruce old guy who just plays at CNC. Been using Kcam but wanted something better. MACH3 seems better but am having a problem figuring out how to turn my router and vacuum on and off? I have the solid state relays but do I design my own buttons or are some extra buttons hiding somewhere? I Know I have to put in some g-code? if I want them to come  on automatically but would also  like a manual button/s
  Any way I live in North Las Vegas am retired and just play with cnc to stay confused and it does make the time go by quickly! ha ha   bruce
« Reply #2098 on: June 15, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »
Totally new to CNC but believe i can learn it. Picked up a Bridgeport TorqCut 22 for next to nothing when the local community college shut down their machine shop program and it's operational. Was given a Vanguard 7000 engraver by a friend to learn programming with. It's had a different board installed in it that accepts Mach3  instructions. I'm currently using EZCam to do my CAM. Having trouble with post codes.ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
I am in Jacksonville Fl and have a 8'X10' routermaster. I am upgrading it from a DeskCNC to a Mach 4 machine.

I have a PMDX 410 driving a PMDX 132 (from my former set up) with gecko drivers.

I have got it joging around the table and it seems to be much smoother than DeskCNC. I ran the first script (in the air) and it seemed to work well.

Estop works, however, it is a little unexpected that the machine starts going again when the Estop button is released. I would think that I should have to reset the machine to get it to move again. I will have to get use to this.

Can't seem to get keyboard inputs button to toggle. I have not received my license code from PMDX yet so it may be disabled in demo mode. Working on getting the machine to home to the switches. I keep getting "Unexpected homing request while Mach 4 is disabled, ignoring."  - Hmmmmmm