Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:42:50 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511467 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2100 on: June 23, 2015, 10:27:49 AM »
Hi my name is Bradley I am installing a mach 3 breakout board on a double spindle lathe for the first time in my life I am looking for some help and support with the connection to stepper drivers and proximity and ect looking all over for mach3 electrical schematics diagrams can somebody lead me in the right direction my lathe has x an z 2x stepper drivers 2x stepper motors 1x vari speed control separate to its original control for the spindle motor 2x proximity switches for x and z limit the rest of the configuring I am familiar ??? with through working with mach3 demo I am starting from scratch can somebody step me through this please javascript:void(0);
« Reply #2101 on: June 23, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »
Hi,
My name is Josh and I live in Anchorage, Ak. I specialize in CNC machining almost 20 years now. I have a fair amount of CNC retrofit and programming, specialized with Fanuc.
My current project is an Acu-Rite MillPWR retrofit to Vital systems DSPMC, with Mach 4 . Its a learning curve so far, and Im on a deadline. Hopefully I can find some knowledge around here about this system .

Thanks,

Josh
« Reply #2102 on: June 26, 2015, 11:04:20 PM »
Hi my name is dave please forgive my spelling and grammer not a good subject at school good with my hands not books. My intrestes are building and flying rc model aircraft want to get in to wood work but not done any  since school days. Iam 52 and just built my first cnc router, cutting bed size 400mm / 700mm hope to cut out models 2d and maybe 3d carvings. Done a lot of head scratching building this router , it is made from 19mm mdf it is all working but having some problems loding dfx files
« Reply #2103 on: June 28, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
Hi I am a new on this from Puerto Rico. I have a new 6040 z chinise cnc is what i need. Hope to get around and chat with a cnc people. I all ready have my machine (2 weeks) working and for a biginer all ready made some things . Have a grate  day.
« Reply #2104 on: June 29, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Hello everyone,

My name's Sam and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm a fitter and turner by trade but and in my spare time I like tinkering with things in one way or another. I bought a Kondia FV1 mill some time ago and converted it to CNC via stepper motors and running on Mach3. Although I have some software issues still to resolve, I find myself here in the hope of having some good exchanges of thought. I believe CNC equipment has exponentially grown in the last 15 years to become more accessible to people, technically more capable, and affordable to people like me. 
« Reply #2105 on: June 29, 2015, 10:04:13 PM »
Hi, I am very new to cnc.  I'm a cad manager and my employer has asked me to learn about cnc so can make name plates for our company.  I'm having the hardest time understanding all of this and hope I can find some answers here in the forum. 

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 30, 2015, 12:26:03 AM »
I'm new to all things CNBC and mach3.  Have a problem with my spindle control.  I can type a speed into the Spindle DRO but as soon as I hit "enter" the value I typed in turns to a value of -1.  I have rechecked my configuration and all looks well.  any ideas why this is happening and how to fix? 
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: June 30, 2015, 02:00:38 AM »
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a specific question it would be best if you post it as a New Topic in the General Section where it will be seen by more people and stand a better chance of a quick reply.
There are many extremely talented and experienced members here so it should not take too long for them to resolve any problems you may be experiencing and get you up and running and making chips  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2108 on: July 01, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
I am new to CNC.  Found that Mach3 is popular and am using the demo.  I have a 3040T mill, router, engraver.  3 axis.  It works with the mach3 with one little problem.
When I push the X axis buttons they are backwards.  Right button makes the tool go left and vise versa.
I have been retired for 15 years from heavy equipment operation and earth moving contracting.  Now I make a couple of products with lathe and some milling with an old Harbor Freight mill.
I don't need the cnc for those machines.  I recently developed an automatic controller for a Ham radio motorized antenna that I build.
I need to be able to engrave some printing and labeling on the front and rear panels. 
I am looking for a good program to draw and produce the G codes.  The engraver uses a parallel cable from my old Windows XP computer.  So the program I need has to be able to run on the XP.  I like the Mach3 program.  Can't get much done with the LazyCam program though.  Any suggestions for a simple program to do the drawing and G codes?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 02, 2015, 01:35:28 AM »
Hi kj7u,

Welcome to the forum.

It is best if you post questions as a new topic, however...

To reverse the operation of the X axis you could change the active state of the X axis 'Dir Low Active' in Config / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs.

There are many to choose from but a very basic, free and easy to use CAD/CAM software is G-Simple http://www.gsimple.eu/

Tweakie.
PEACE