Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:31:13 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511627 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2670 on: December 27, 2018, 10:06:41 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and new to CNC as well. I have a 4x8 Industrial CNC and Mach3. It was suppose to come with BobCad-CAM but I was never able to set it up. A friend of mine suggested Enroute 4and that's what I installed (Windows 10). It basically works well until I have many shapes. I create the G code but then Mach3 only loads a portion of the code and not all the shapes. Am I doing something wrong? or the softwares are not compatible? Please help!
« Reply #2671 on: December 28, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »
GBWhatsapp apk Download Latest Version 2018. Download Latest GB Whatsapp for Use 2 Whatsapp in One Mobile.  GBWhatsApp . http://gbmoddownload.com
« Reply #2672 on: December 28, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »

"Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!

Hi, I'm new here and new to CNC as well. I have a 4x8 Industrial CNC and Mach3. It was suppose to come with BobCad-CAM but I was never able to set it up. A friend of mine suggested Enroute 4and that's what I installed (Windows 10). It basically works well until I have many shapes. I create the G code but then Mach3 only loads a portion of the code and not all the shapes. Am I doing something wrong? or the softwares are not compatible? Please help!"

HI,
I am new also but do remember the Mach3 demo version allow certain amount of g-codes lines for turn or mill. have you tried fusion 360 as your CAM , its works for me on turning, i am stuck on Making threads. getting my machine to index properly.

hope it works out for you.
Regards
Manni

Offline engineerpower

•  4 4
  • Learn by Doing
    • View Profile
    • DangerCo!
« Reply #2673 on: January 02, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »
Hey all!

I'm Cameron (33m) from Indiana, USA. I am a mechanical engineer and Director of Engineering for a small machine shop (dangerco.us) that focuses on prototyping and niche-market small-batch production. My personal focus is self-directed learning-by-doing, LEAN in all things, and DFM.

My CNC experience is self-taught on an Enco 91002 I did a scratch conversion to CNC, running Mach 3 on WIN10 to a Gecko 540 via Ethernet SmoothStepper. I run on SolidWorks and mostly CamBam.

10 years into my Army career as an Engineer officer, 3.5 years active, 7 years National Guard. I've been to Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, but Home is by far the best!

Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34
« Reply #2674 on: January 02, 2019, 06:16:38 PM »
Hello All
I'm. new here so all the help I can get is appreacited.. About me . Retired machinist of 47 years . Last job was making artificial hearts. I decided to build a CNC plasma and the building of it went well . Recently purchased a Mach 3 license and started loading things up. . So far so good but I know I will get stuck somewhere as I am limited in computer skills and CNC automation
Cheers for now Ron
« Reply #2675 on: January 03, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »
Hi my name is Sandi--we have a new 4x8 plasma table with a PowerMax Hypertherm 45XP.
Looking forward to reading through the forum to help me understand my Mach3 CNC software & learn the ins and outs of Plasma Cutting.
Thanks for letting me join!  ;)
« Reply #2676 on: January 03, 2019, 09:53:00 PM »
Hello, newbie here. I am using Mach4 with a PMDX motion controller, have the machine setup and moving but the steppers jog real real slow. I have looked at the motor tuning page but I cannot enter any values in the grayed out boxes for speed.
In the jogging tab, the jog rate is set at 100% but the motors turn so slow the gantry barely moves.
Hope it is something simple that I am missing...??

Thanks for any help here.
« Reply #2677 on: January 05, 2019, 04:49:27 PM »
johnrembo here, new member, live in hudson nh. i am in the process of trying to build a cnc plasma cutter. trying to do it with linuxcnc but having real issues trying to configure the thc part with the linuxcnc. there are only wizards for step config but not for thc signals i need. you need to be able to program HAL and i have no clue. I was wondering if mach4 was easier to confic and if it will work with hobbycnc pro driver bd and also can it run on linux?
« Reply #2678 on: January 05, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »
Hi johnrembo,
you will get more views and therefore replies if you post on the Mach4 board.

None the less I can help with some of those questions.

THC is the critical function, just about any old CNC program can whiz around the outline of a part but being able to go up and
down at the same time is a bit clever. It requires a real-time control....that is to say a system that can respond to UP/DOWN commands
in microseconds not milliseconds.

LininuxCNC is a good choice, it is  a real-time system, but demands a high level of programming skill, and as you've discovered, not easy.

Windows PCs ARE NOT real-time systems and should therefore struggle/fail to be of use for CNC purposes. Art Fenerty was the guy who invented Mach
and he achieved a near real-time system with his Mach3 parallel port driver. This is/was a very VERY clever piece of code that lived in the kernel
level of Windows....don't ask how it works....as far as I know Art is the only person who does. The parallel port is what gave Mach the legs,
it is/was a cheap way to get near real-time performance from a Windows PC. It is/was not without its quirks, other software on the same PC could cause a stall
and stuff up your job and there are speed limitations as well.

About ten years or so ago a number of manufacturers started making external motion controllers, it does all the critical timing stuff that the parallel port
driver struggled with. The external controllers relieved the PC of all that stuff. The external motion controller must now also be responsible for real-time
function support, THC for instance.

There are now about a dozen manufacturers of external motion controllers that support THC for Mach3. I would avoid Chinese made stuff, they seldom support
all the real-time features that European and/or US manufacturers support.

Mach4 is a very much newer software package. While there is a parallel port plugin called Darwin ($25 licence fee applies) it IS NOT FULLY FEATURED
nor will it ever be, ie it can't do THC. Mach4 pretty much requires an external motion controller. There are about five recognized manufacturers of
Mach4 ready controllers but at this time only one, the Hicon Integra by Vital Systems, has full blown THC support. There have been rumours that
more software development by NFS will mean hardware manufacturers have an easier time supporting THC but at this time its only the Hicon Integra.
Great board, good quality and support but expensive, around $1000 with THC function enabled.

May be this is....'altogether too much information!'...so I will try to thin it down a bit. The choices are:

1) Mach3 with a parallel port
   pros- cheap
   cons- requires a Desktop Windows 7 32 bit OS or earlier, inclined to stall or stutter depending on the PC
2)Mach3 with an external motion controller
   pros- much wider choice of PCs will now work without stuttering or stalling, wide choice of suitable controllers with THC support ranging from about $100
           upwards.
   cons- the cost of the controller and/or the breakout board, all development on Mach3 has ceased five years ago, should probably be considered in its sunset years
3) Mach4 with Hicon Integra
    pros- very good software package with new features relased approx. quarterly, high quality controller fully featured and excellent aftersales support,
            professional solution up to the rigors of industrial use with future support.
    cons- the cost, approx. $1000 for the controller and activation.

Given that THC is a real-time function and is supported by your selected motion controller (Mach parallel port, an external controller for Mach3, or
a Hicon Intgrea for Mach4) you do not have to write a HAL or anything like that. It does require some learning and tweaking to get THC to work even with
supporting hardware but nothing like the battle with LinuxCNC.

I'm very much in the Mach4 camp, I think it wipes the floor with Mach3.....but not all...in fact not many......agree with me.

May I suggest doing some reading on the Mach4 board, there are a number of threads about Mach4 and plasma. Hey-reading is free!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2679 on: January 07, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
hello everyone, I'm new and novice.
I'm trying to turn my lathe into cnc and I hope to find help in the community :) :)