Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:45:16 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511608 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
I'm a new be I maybe braking protocol, Sorry about that.
Mach3 main screen
Freed rate section
Units / Min
some time I get units / min and other I don't
am I doing something wrong?
TIA
Roger
« Reply #621 on: August 16, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »
hi all, my name is Renato Masias from Lima, i am happy and desirous of learn more, i make retrofits and small machin cnc with math3

regards.
« Reply #622 on: August 17, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
Hi,
My name is George, I'm a Scot but living in the Manchester area. That doesn't stop me wearing a kilt however  ;D
My hobies include vintage motorcycle riding, I own a 1953 BSA 650CC Golden Flash and have recently completed a John O Groats to Lands End run. Fantastic ride and raised lots of money for my local childrens hospital into the bargain.

I'm also into Live Steam and have an almost complet 3.5" Jubilee 2-6-4 engine. All motion gear fully installed and working.
I play golf badly but enjoy every minute of it.

I have just completed my flatbed CNC router which is approx 1.2 mtrs by 600mm. Ballscrews used throughout with 2 screws driving the main axis. I've used a 1.5kw 400vac spindle motor and drive unit imported from China and it sounds good.

Today I cut my first job using Mach3 which only an hour or so ago I recieved my liscence file.  ;D
The job came out great but gave me my first lesson on 'clamping. I can see that that is gonna be realy important.

I want to cut 2mm brass for the water tanks on my engine so that is going to be my first major project. Fingers crossed I got two good packages Mach3 and Cambam.
Lets hope I can do them both justice.

Anyone in the Oldham/Manchester area care to drop me a line I would be glad to sit with them for the next hundred years and pick their brains.

Regards

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #623 on: August 18, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
Hi,
My name is Bart in Nampa, Idaho.  I've been using Mach3 demo on a Town Labs 512 benchtop mill.
I had trouble a while back printing the manual for mach3.  It was sized for legal paper.  I emailed Art
and got blown off...hum. 

This is just a hobby with me.  With all my equipment I sometimes need to make repair parts.
Regards
« Reply #624 on: August 18, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Bart

If you send me your private email address I'll email you all 3 of the Mach3 manuals that will print on normal sized paper.  My personal email is yakfisherman(at)cox.net ( the (at) is to stop spam).

Ed
« Reply #625 on: August 18, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
All,

I'm an Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer/Sailplane Pilot who is using Mach 3 on a Dyna 2800 mill that I converted to Mach 3 (CandCNC components), mostly as a hobby to make simple parts. Since I'm in the Engineering Consulting business, I have made prototype parts that I needed to have quickly (i.e., a couple of hours!) if they were simple enough...

I'm pretty ignorant on the machining side of this business, but I'm having fun learning. Fixturing parts has been the hardest thing for me figure out, but so far I haven't done any serious damage.

I'm pretty good on the CAD/Mechanical Design and Stress/Thermal Analysis side of things (mostly using Solidworks and its analysis package, Cosmos), and getting better at the CAM stuff (Visual Mill), so I can probably provide some help in this area if anyone needs it...

Regards,

SF
« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »
High I am Freddy57.   I am hoping to convert a Smithy BZ-239 to cnc.  Looks like the forum and place to be!
« Reply #627 on: August 23, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
Hi Everyone

I've been in IT for the past 15 or so years (for my sins).
I have some engineering background (a long long time ago) and have recently got the CNC bug , and boy has it bit me ... starting to get slightly obsessive
I am in the process of knocking up a homebrew CNC machine and am currently searching for as much info as possible (Hench me finding this forum , which is excellent by the way !!)

Thanks and speak soon

Scholz  ;D
« Reply #628 on: August 26, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
Hello All,
I'm a newb to mach and looking around while I consider a retrofit for a prodction environment.  I want to keep my analog servo drives.  It looks like it can be done but I'm not sure just how yet.  Lots of posts to read....
--dale
« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »
Planning to build a 3 axis CNC machine using Automation Direct Stepping Motors & associated Hardware.
Will this work?
Does anyone have recommendations about what controllers & drivers to use, to plug into the printer port of a computer with Mach3?