Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:12:07 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511305 times)

Offline Kai

•  60 60
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #910 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »
Well I am new just looking at getting 2 new machines a mill and a lathe. these will both me on mach3 so now I need to learn how to use it and get myself up and running
« Reply #911 on: October 02, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »
I am new to CNC.  Being a reasonable accomplished woodworker, I built my own CNC machine.  I will primarily be using it for making RC aircraft parts out of balsa and plywood.  Good to be here and I look forward to learning a lot.
« Reply #912 on: October 02, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
Welcome
« Reply #913 on: October 05, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
New and just trying to get started. I have a completed cnc machine and trying to get everything programmed.
« Reply #914 on: October 05, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »
Hi,
What is it, and how are you going to use it?
« Reply #915 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
ZEN 12x12.    Numerous projects from rc helicopter parts to 2d drawings.   Just managed to run my first (simulated) cut with an ink pen. Got a bit to go with setting up locations and figuring out MACH. The tutorials are great.  That roadrunner always looked bigger on tv though...
« Reply #916 on: October 06, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »
Hello all, I'm Todd Coleman and I'm just finishing up my first CNC at home. I spent 13 years as a systems integrator for Allen Bradley CNC's (and never had one at home). I worked with Bandit I's, III's and IV's the 9/240 series, 8200's, Fanucs, Yasnac's, and some Dynapaths. I think I'm going to really like this Mach control. When I was doing this for a living the PC controls had just come into the market and had a lot to be desired. They were also real expensive. My mill is a 16"x11"x4.5" bridge style with Taig spindle head. The control is built for use on several machines as I will be CNCing a lathe, laser and material deposition system (probably wax for casting) and ..well....God only knows what else. now that I think about it, I think I'm going to LOVE this system......Thanx
Todd
« Reply #917 on: October 06, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
Hi I'm new  ;D
I purchased my Mach 3 a while back and due to health I had to shelf it awhile, during this time I lost the USB drive on which I had my CNC files. I knew I was going to have to repurchase my Mach 3 software, but to my suprise Art keeps records and emailed my License file to me. I just wanted to say thanks once again My Name is Tim Riggs I'm Just an old guy from Arkansas who likes to tinker, I have a Mini Mill And a Mini Lathe I plan to convert to CNC once I figure out how CNC works. I hope to have my homemade from scrap and surplus router running soon and will post some pics when I do.
« Reply #918 on: October 07, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
My name is Russ and new here. I'm trying to fire up my software right now. With much emphasis on "trying" ??? I'm sure I'll be around long enough to drive a few of you nuts, asking classic dumb questions like, "how do I get my demo software to magically turn into full software" and other such interestingly stupid newbiesqe questions.

Just got a Syil x5 and am trying to get er going.  My dad once said "the best tools to have for a job are a hammer and a bottle of booze. Once you realize the job is futile, you hit your thumb with the hammer thus causing much needed medicine from the bottle, allowing you to go sleep it off".
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:19:10 PM by rockclimbingtools »
« Reply #919 on: October 07, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
Hi,

My name is charlie. According to the powers that be when I registered, I have to post something or else I'll be kicked out because I'm a spambot. Whatever the hell that is.
   I just got this book on how to build a cnc machine. My problem is, I know nothing about cad and cam and interfacicg to a machine.
   Where do I go to find out more about lazycam, mach3,and all that good stuff. I,ve got a plasma cutter that I use freehand, but I would like to add more potential to it.

Charlie