Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3261768 times)

Offline shockwavefx

• View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1540 on: September 13, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Hi

I'm have no experience with mach3 But have an urgent project I need to complete.
Looking for some local help in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles.
It's a very simple project from what I've read so far.
seems like it would be a simple G code program written into mach3. I just have gotten into a situation where I don't have the time to figure this out.
Pls reply to shockwavefx@yahoo.com if you can help. May be able to compensate you for your time.  THX

Offline johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
My name is Johnny and I was a millwrite till I retired the first time (on my 3rd now) I bought a shopmaster and decided to learn how its done. So far it has been interesting to say the least. I have had a few alignment problems but mostly it works okay. Dam Mauch helped me up date it with some wiring changes but I still have only manual speed control. If I code S200 it runs 500, if I code S anything it runs 500. I was wondering, , Is this because its unlicensed and still demo.
Johnny

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1542 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the forum.

The S*** command works OK in demo mode.
If you post your question in the General section someone will be along to help.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Ansen

• View Profile
Artist
« Reply #1543 on: September 15, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Hello,

I'm an artist, and an aspiring machinist. I bought a CNC machine to create artwork in the vernacular of the 21st centurty...which is technology.

I hope I can contribute as well as "consume" the info on this board.

Thanks!

--Ansen Seale
ansenseale.com
ansen@sealestudios.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1544 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:38 AM »
Hi Ansen,

Welcome to the forum.

I find your photography method most interesting and the results are indeed quite spectacular.
I look forward to seeing some of your innovative CNC work.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Oldsarge

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
Hello All!

Just finishing up my build on a 5x10 table.  You can check out the whole build here:  http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7444   I started out knowing almost nothing about Plasma cutting, and am still learning.  I learned a lot by building my own table, and am glad I took on the project.  A little more tweaking, and I should be good to start cutting!

I'm retired Army after 23 years, hence the screen name...   Was a general contractor for a lot of years, and now I'm an apartment maintenance tech during the days.  Trying to get a metal art business going so hopefully I can do something I really like in the coming years.  Will be doing a lot of metal art, but I also just built a hydraulic tube bender, and do welding as well, so I plan to develop a line of tools, products, art and whatever to get the bussiness up & running.

I really like Mach so far, and even though there's a learning curve to it, it's well worth the time, especially when you start seeing results coming off the table!

Look forward to getting the table up & running & thanks in advance for all the help I'm sure is available here... 

Oldsarge

Offline phillip t

• View Profile
Gecko G540 With C3R6 Index Pulse Board - Help Needed
« Reply #1546 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:04 PM »
I have been using Mach3 for years. I am a newbie to the forums. Now I am getting into threading with Mach3. I am trying to get my C3 Pulse Indexer to work in Mach3 with a Gecko G540.
My question is this,
Shouldn't I see a light flashing on the diagnostics page when I rotate my spindle?
Thank's
phillip

Offline olebandit61

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 22, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Hey, my name is Tony...I am very new. I have my machine nearly finished and have started trying to understand Mach3...Any advice and pointers to help me get started in the right direction will be very welcomed...Thanks

Offline phillip t

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 22, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »
Hi Tony,

I find watching the videos helps me the most.
http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

And take the time to read the manuals.
http://www.machsupport.com/documentation.php

I been using Masch3 for years and still learn new things all the time.
Sincerely,
phillip~

Offline olebandit61

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 22, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
Hello Phillip,
Thank you for you response...that is where I have started...its pretty overwhelming...but like anything you just stay with it and study and trial and error....Once again thank you and I will try not to bother you to much.

Tony