Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:21:22 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511485 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1540 on: September 13, 2012, 02:22:07 PM »
Hi

I'm have no experience with mach3 But have an urgent project I need to complete.
Looking for some local help in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles.
It's a very simple project from what I've read so far.
seems like it would be a simple G code program written into mach3. I just have gotten into a situation where I don't have the time to figure this out.
Pls reply to shockwavefx@yahoo.com if you can help. May be able to compensate you for your time.  THX
« Reply #1541 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
My name is Johnny and I was a millwrite till I retired the first time (on my 3rd now) I bought a shopmaster and decided to learn how its done. So far it has been interesting to say the least. I have had a few alignment problems but mostly it works okay. Dam Mauch helped me up date it with some wiring changes but I still have only manual speed control. If I code S200 it runs 500, if I code S anything it runs 500. I was wondering, , Is this because its unlicensed and still demo.
Johnny

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the forum.

The S*** command works OK in demo mode.
If you post your question in the General section someone will be along to help.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Ansen

•  20 20
    • View Profile
Artist
« Reply #1543 on: September 15, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Hello,

I'm an artist, and an aspiring machinist. I bought a CNC machine to create artwork in the vernacular of the 21st centurty...which is technology.

I hope I can contribute as well as "consume" the info on this board.

Thanks!

--Ansen Seale
ansenseale.com
ansen@sealestudios.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:38 AM »
Hi Ansen,

Welcome to the forum.

I find your photography method most interesting and the results are indeed quite spectacular.
I look forward to seeing some of your innovative CNC work.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1545 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
Hello All!

Just finishing up my build on a 5x10 table.  You can check out the whole build here:  http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7444   I started out knowing almost nothing about Plasma cutting, and am still learning.  I learned a lot by building my own table, and am glad I took on the project.  A little more tweaking, and I should be good to start cutting!

I'm retired Army after 23 years, hence the screen name...   Was a general contractor for a lot of years, and now I'm an apartment maintenance tech during the days.  Trying to get a metal art business going so hopefully I can do something I really like in the coming years.  Will be doing a lot of metal art, but I also just built a hydraulic tube bender, and do welding as well, so I plan to develop a line of tools, products, art and whatever to get the bussiness up & running.

I really like Mach so far, and even though there's a learning curve to it, it's well worth the time, especially when you start seeing results coming off the table!

Look forward to getting the table up & running & thanks in advance for all the help I'm sure is available here... 

Oldsarge
Gecko G540 With C3R6 Index Pulse Board - Help Needed
« Reply #1546 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:04 PM »
I have been using Mach3 for years. I am a newbie to the forums. Now I am getting into threading with Mach3. I am trying to get my C3 Pulse Indexer to work in Mach3 with a Gecko G540.
My question is this,
Shouldn't I see a light flashing on the diagnostics page when I rotate my spindle?
Thank's
phillip
« Reply #1547 on: September 22, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Hey, my name is Tony...I am very new. I have my machine nearly finished and have started trying to understand Mach3...Any advice and pointers to help me get started in the right direction will be very welcomed...Thanks
« Reply #1548 on: September 22, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »
Hi Tony,

I find watching the videos helps me the most.
http://www.machsupport.com/videos/

And take the time to read the manuals.
http://www.machsupport.com/documentation.php

I been using Masch3 for years and still learn new things all the time.
Sincerely,
phillip~
« Reply #1549 on: September 22, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
Hello Phillip,
Thank you for you response...that is where I have started...its pretty overwhelming...but like anything you just stay with it and study and trial and error....Once again thank you and I will try not to bother you to much.

Tony