Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3261397 times)

Offline Forger79

• View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2530 on: November 13, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
Hi,
welcome. I've heard all sorts of terms but not those ones! Can you take some pictures?

If its Chinese and I suspect it is be prepared for a real battle to get it to work.

If you want something that works really well and easily with excellent backup try PMDX or Warp9,
both American.

Craig
I have a good picture but I don't see how to post it.

Offline Forger79

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
Found how to post photos.
Here is the BOB.

Offline joeaverage

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 13, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Hi,
those switches are for limits and/or home switches. Don't worry about them to start with. Concentrate
on the motor axes. I suggest one at a time, your wife can multi-task...not you.

Your PC must have a parallel port and have a 32 bit OS Windows7 or earlier.

You will require a USB cable to plug from the PC to the BoB to provide a power supply for the input side. You will
require a second 12-24V supply for the output side.

This is a simple board but is so Chinese I can smell the chop suey on it from here...if your keen, carry on OR get yourself
a PMDX  BoB or even a Smart-BoB.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!

Offline VernReynolds

• Holding
    • View Profile
New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2533 on: November 23, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
Hello all. Vern here and new to TapaTalk but successfully built a 3 axis mill a few years back and I'm evaluating Mach3 I'm needing some help and ran across this forum. Hopefully I can find some answers and provide someone with help as well. Here's my setup. Just upgraded the gantry with new motors, breakout board, microstepping controllers. Was using Editasc CAM software but it comes out of Germany and tech support is hard to get with the time difference and things get lost in the translation from German to English and I only speak hillbilly

Offline affordable

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: December 17, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »
Greetings all, and thanks for the G'day!

My name is Charles, and I own a little computer shop in the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I have a client that wishes me to help him by building a system for his Mach3 software using an external motion device for machine control.
I have come here to see if I can learn from your collective wisdom so that I can spec out the best solution for him.
I will post everything in the appropriate forum, but for now, many thanks for the welcome...

Cheers,
Charles

Offline joeaverage

• View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: December 17, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi Charles,
with an external motion controller the PC is pretty easy, I use a dual core Atom based board with onchip graphics
without problem. Just goes to show you can run Mach on a pretty modest platform.

If I were buying again I would go a bit better just to speed up the initial load and draw when loading large (>5Mb)
Gcode files, Pentium or i3 with 4G RAM would be plenty. 32 or 64 G SSD is enough. Note that irrespective of what spec
the platform is that you customer should avoid an Internet connection, updates disabled and without Internet you
could avoid a firewall and anti virus.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!

Offline dsmerdon

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
hello guys and gals.my name is dan .i am a complete newbie in the cnc world .i look forward to learning from the group anything i can . i am struggling to get my machine up and running. i have a chinese 3040 that connects via usb instead of through the paralell port and cant find info on how to set ports and pins for usb connection. im sure this is probably a dumb question for more experienced users but again ,im a complete newbie .any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and i look forward to getting to know you all

Offline dsmerdon

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:40 PM »
hello all my name is Dan.  I look forward to learning all i can from you guys. I am a complete cnc newbie and can use all the help i can get. i have a chinese 3040 cnc router/engraver that connects via usb instead of through a paralell port. i cant seem to find info on ports and pins settings for usb connection any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline samtuc

• View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 24, 2017, 06:27:04 AM »
Good evening guys,

I'm kind of new to this world of CNC, but i'm determined to make it work. I've got my hands on an old mill and have fitted stepper motors and ball screws on all three axis which I bought as a kit. As it turns out, recently tried to install Mach4 with mixed results. The software seems to be installed correctly, but when it loads up, a window pops up with the error message "debug report Mach4GUI" with a whole bunch of other jargon and the window is frozen. I can't even disregard the message entirely by clicking cancel. When I disable Windows Defender, the same thing happens only that the error message window does'nt stay up but the PC is still frozen. Any suggestions??? I'm at my wits end, especially as I see so many seamless installations of this software. I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit which shouldn't be an issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2539 on: December 24, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »
Hi Sam,

There were certainly a number of issues between Mach3 and Microsoft Vista, maybe they extend to Mach4 as well.
The relevant Mach3 thread is here; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2385.msg14328.html#msg14328

Perhaps this will help ?

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.