Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:12:59 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511483 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2530 on: December 17, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »
Greetings all, and thanks for the G'day!

My name is Charles, and I own a little computer shop in the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I have a client that wishes me to help him by building a system for his Mach3 software using an external motion device for machine control.
I have come here to see if I can learn from your collective wisdom so that I can spec out the best solution for him.
I will post everything in the appropriate forum, but for now, many thanks for the welcome...

Cheers,
Charles
« Reply #2531 on: December 17, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi Charles,
with an external motion controller the PC is pretty easy, I use a dual core Atom based board with onchip graphics
without problem. Just goes to show you can run Mach on a pretty modest platform.

If I were buying again I would go a bit better just to speed up the initial load and draw when loading large (>5Mb)
Gcode files, Pentium or i3 with 4G RAM would be plenty. 32 or 64 G SSD is enough. Note that irrespective of what spec
the platform is that you customer should avoid an Internet connection, updates disabled and without Internet you
could avoid a firewall and anti virus.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2532 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
hello guys and gals.my name is dan .i am a complete newbie in the cnc world .i look forward to learning from the group anything i can . i am struggling to get my machine up and running. i have a chinese 3040 that connects via usb instead of through the paralell port and cant find info on how to set ports and pins for usb connection. im sure this is probably a dumb question for more experienced users but again ,im a complete newbie .any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and i look forward to getting to know you all
« Reply #2533 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:40 PM »
hello all my name is Dan.  I look forward to learning all i can from you guys. I am a complete cnc newbie and can use all the help i can get. i have a chinese 3040 cnc router/engraver that connects via usb instead of through a paralell port. i cant seem to find info on ports and pins settings for usb connection any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #2534 on: December 24, 2017, 06:27:04 AM »
Good evening guys,

I'm kind of new to this world of CNC, but i'm determined to make it work. I've got my hands on an old mill and have fitted stepper motors and ball screws on all three axis which I bought as a kit. As it turns out, recently tried to install Mach4 with mixed results. The software seems to be installed correctly, but when it loads up, a window pops up with the error message "debug report Mach4GUI" with a whole bunch of other jargon and the window is frozen. I can't even disregard the message entirely by clicking cancel. When I disable Windows Defender, the same thing happens only that the error message window does'nt stay up but the PC is still frozen. Any suggestions??? I'm at my wits end, especially as I see so many seamless installations of this software. I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit which shouldn't be an issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: December 24, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »
Hi Sam,

There were certainly a number of issues between Mach3 and Microsoft Vista, maybe they extend to Mach4 as well.
The relevant Mach3 thread is here; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2385.msg14328.html#msg14328

Perhaps this will help ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2536 on: December 26, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
Hi All,

My name is Sarman..I'm a complete newbie on CNC world. I'm looking forward for some help from this group for my plasma cutter table. Currently, I've just finished assemble my plasma table with Gecko G540 driver + Proma THC150 connected by parallel port. I am using Mach3 Ver3.043.066 running on Windows 7 32bit.
I've already set the configuration as per needed and tried a simple shape as test cutting file. the problem is my z axis sometimes not working as per direction. when it should be going up become down and vice versa. I've checked all the connection of wiring also the configuration. all seems like nothing is wrong.
Any input/suggestion for this problem? Your inputs/hints would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sarman     
« Reply #2537 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
Hey all,

Name is Russell White and am very new to the CNC world. Live from Kansas, I have been trying to setup my less computer savvy counsin's CNC machine that he purchased from a second hand dealer. I have multiple questions dealing with Post Processor set up, setting up the Plasma cutter with the table, and various other questions. The table is a plasma only, running mach 3 and sheetcam. Any help or direction would be appreciated greatly!

-Russell
« Reply #2538 on: December 31, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »
Hi Joe,
Please ask your questions in the Mach3 section and I am sure that you will get some help.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2539 on: January 15, 2018, 09:37:21 AM »
Hello,

I am Donnie. I live on the coast of NC.

I purchased a used home built cnc plasma table that came with the Mach software. I have had a little experience in CNC machining, but not a lot. I was introduced to CNC machining during collage Machine shop classes. I was pretty much trained in writing G-code and very little CAD software at the time. Needless to say, that was a life time ago, lol.

I love learning new things. My hope in the future is to retrofit my mill and lath with cnc controls. Along with other projects in mind. I do like the flexibility of the Mach software and look forward to years of fun, learning and growth with it.