Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:43:27 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511356 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1420 on: March 16, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
  ;D
Hi True welcome aboard thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself you, certainly have a wide and varied hobbies, one day you must tell us how you earned your nickname,it is always an agonizing decision when it comes to what driver board ???, money does not grow on trees,at least not in my neighbourhood,
Unfortunately this is purely an introduction site and all technical questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION thread just brows the threads and choose the threads that appeas to you. there is a lot of very knowledgeable members that will generously share with you

Dick  ;)

PS I love my gecko 540 

« Reply #1421 on: March 17, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
Hi,

I'm new.  Have my machine working, but Z axis seems to be reversed for some reason.  Also can't get the smooth stepper to work with the lap top so I'm focused on the old windows machine for now.  I got a lot of help from Sam Harbold, thank God for him. 

Drew
« Reply #1422 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
My nickname is Drew from Andrew and that is my middle name.  My students call me Dr. Drew, but I'm not the famous guy.  I'm just hoping to get cutting by the end of the weekend.  I'm using a 540 also.  Great system. 

Drew
« Reply #1423 on: March 17, 2012, 02:23:35 AM »
   ;D
Hi Drew welcome aboard  thanks for dropping in and introducing your self.
unfortunately this is purely a introduction site and any technical questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH  DISCUSSION threads which can be accessed from this page, just brows the threads an select one that seems closest to the topic that you are seeking the answers to

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1424 on: March 19, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »
Hi,
My name is Raul from sunny Miami Florida. Started my first CNC conversion and Mach 3  8 months ago. In these past 8 months I have acquired tremendous amount of information just by reading all the posts and responses by the members on the Mach 3 forum. So many thanks to all of the members. Would also like to thank Hoss for his great knowledge and videos that he has posted.

Thanks to all of you again,
Raul
« Reply #1425 on: March 19, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
   ;D
Hi Raul welcome aboard thanks for introducing yourself It is always great to hear from new members, every new member that joins brings something with them,and you never know how many other members benefit from the questions of others
 this is a shared help group and there will be a time that you will be able to assist some other member,the old theory about the wheel that goes around, ::)
    Us boys must have our toys

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1426 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Hi all
I am new to CNC and Mach3 and would appreciate some help if possible .
I have designed and built a 1200x1200 router and would like to use a Panasonic CF18 laptop just because they are dust proof and have a touch screen.
Does anyone have experience using a cf 18 and Mach3 .
I live in the Orkney Islands in the north of Scotland so you can imagine there is not a lot of help to be found locally.
I have had my own business engraving glass, crystal, stone and some metals for around 18 years  and wanted to try something different.
I served my time as a wood machinist more years ago then I want to admit and thought with my engraving experience mixed with a CNC router I may be able to make some interesting products.
Any help would be appreciated       
Kind regards Stuart
« Reply #1427 on: March 24, 2012, 10:27:11 PM »
Hi Everyone.   I'm new to CNC, but have done some old school mill work in the past.   I just converted my Roland CAMM3 to Mach3 control and am looking forward to figuring this stuff out!   Sorry for the newb questions in advance!
« Reply #1428 on: March 25, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »
Hey guys. Can anyone explain to me why is it that when I load a file from Vcarve that is suppose to be only 10" x 4" into Mach that it shows up on my table display as something much larger and causes my machine to crash. Im having a very hard time figuring out how to get it to the proper size. Any help is much appreciated.
« Reply #1429 on: March 29, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »
Hi everyone,
                   I am a new member just joined recently and I am from Singapore. I recently construct a profile machine with 3-axis, intended to use it to produce Printed Circuit Board. I found Mach3 software very elegant but have no ideas how to connect them on parallel port to the servo-motor driver electronic running WinXP. Although I have check through the Mach3 manual but still electrical connection is no where to be seen. Can member suggest some procedure to it.
 Edmund Tay