Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:30:26 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511429 times)

Offline Thys

•  30 30
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1180 on: June 01, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »
thanks Tweakie, will give it a go
Thys
« Reply #1181 on: June 07, 2011, 01:56:19 AM »
Hello everyone, 

My name is Matt Wilkinson,   I'm a new half owner of a waterjet and powder coating job shop.  The original owner repo'd the business last year and about a month or so ago, he offered my wife and I, a half share of the place if i'd come in.  So naturally, I took a leap.    I ended up here, because in the corner, there is a Supermax knee mill with an Anilam controller.   He bought it a few years ago because the guy he had working for him told him how much money they could make with it and that he could run it and get work for it..  It has sat in the corner ever since and hasn't milled a single part.  I just posted a thread asking for assistance in converting it to mach.

I'm sure i'll be asking all kinds of questions.

Matt
« Reply #1182 on: June 07, 2011, 04:41:55 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Matt I wish you well in your new endeavour, it is always an exciting time.I'm sure that the members in the general forum will be able to advise you with that conversion to Mach.

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »
Hello - I am klapa - tho actually that is my dog's name! haha

I am an electronics hardware designer by trade - not a machinist by any means.

I sort of got "roped in" to getting an old combo mill/lathe working to drill some sheet metal for initial prototype quantity runs of a product my company makes.

This machine is a "ShopTask" bought for $750 at some equipment auction.

I don't mind so much because I am also a "car nut" and am already thinking about all the custom parts I might make with this machine!

I was introduced to the Mach3 software by a guy I was referred to by the maker of the machine we have - this guy has a company called "Camtronics".

I also noticed that this same software, Mach3, is used on another machine we have - a selective soldering machine.
« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
  ;D
Hi klapa thank you for sharing this information, welcome aboard ,you have been bitten by the CNC bug and will become addicted the more that you use your machine the more potential you will see in it

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1185 on: June 12, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »
Hi,  I need help with mach3. My Z settings are backwards. How can I change in the config for the software of mach3?

Tim
« Reply #1186 on: June 12, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
 ;D
Hi Tim this is only a introduction site you will need to post your questions in the general forum I' sure that someone there will gladly help

Dick   ;)

Offline Thys

•  30 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 13, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »
hi tim, i sent you and possible solution, welcome by the way
Thys
« Reply #1188 on: June 17, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »
My name is John King .I have been in metal stamping for 30 years. I have the basic machine shop. Presently I am working on a Bostomatic 312 and a emco lathe. Having issues with the tool changer.My friend is diligently working on it. I have access to 6 more units and a couple of 5 axis units. Hope it can be profitable.
« Reply #1189 on: June 17, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard John sounds like you are going to get very busy,it NEVER to late to learn new skills

Dick ;)