Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:36:04 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511573 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2140 on: August 26, 2015, 04:22:47 AM »
I've had similar issues with illustrator stuff, was cutting a line between two points rather than the curve that should have been there.

Fixed it by manually adding a few more points along the curve.
« Reply #2141 on: August 28, 2015, 05:35:30 AM »
Hi there...

I am the new one and come now more often...  :D

I´m from Germany and i currently build up my own CNC Mill / 3D Printer (all in one)...
Currently the machine has 3 axis and will get 2 more axis in the near future and a fully automated Tool magazine (Chain)..

This machine is a self-development by myself...

Kind Regards...
Tiieto
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:43:00 AM by Tiieto »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 28, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »
Hi Tiieto,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an interesting machine that you have constructed. Be sure to post some pictures in the Show'n'Tell section http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,27.0.html we all love to see pictures.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2143 on: August 29, 2015, 05:42:50 AM »
Sure, i will..

But the machine isn't Complete yet... Still "here a Part and there a part..."
I will Post some Pics (& maybe Video) after machine Is Complete Build up...
I just Register in this Forum because i choose Mach (Not sure mach 3 or mach 4) for the Software i want to work with...

Kind regards...
« Reply #2144 on: August 31, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »
Hi! I'm new to CNC machining and I am in the process of gathering/building my first CNC mill. I currently have a LMS 3990 purchased new, and have all the electronics assembled and wired into a rackmount enclosure. As of today I just finished building a custom 22" LCD Touch monitor from new and salvaged parts. All I'm waiting on is the Fusion CNC kit to arrive tomorrow and hopefully I can start playing with my new toy, lol.
« Reply #2145 on: September 03, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Hi,
im from UK, a tattooist and hobby cnc/meddller
have a love for steel/ fast bikes and dangerous toys.
In Jan i aquired a Bridgeport cnc series 1, came kitted out with pc mach3 control (pro licence) and
touch screen, lovelly bit of kit and in great nik
since then i have had to learn some basic cnc skills, cad drawing and cam settups in various
software, i have used for drawing started with cambam, then autocad, a bit of inkscape to convert jpeg to dxf
used cambam for converting toolpaths to g-code, then tried fusion 360 for both drawing and cam set ups.

i make bits for my bikes and some tattoo machines for all the workers in my shop.....
i dont know wether to post my problem here or not ....im sure youll point me on the right path

im having to run my machine to cut at finishing depths or mach3 jumps to reset....it will cut at 0.5mm and it usually takes all day for the smallest jobs...
even cutting aluminium.......soon as i try cutting at proper depths......reset kicks in and i lose a couple of steps...and results in cocking the job up.
my original idea was to buy an old boxford mill and put stepper motors on it...then hook it to a pc with mach3....when i saw the Bridgeport up for sale
at the same price of the budget i had in mind i went for it.....thinking the Bridgeport would cope with most jobs.......but i am stumped...i have been searching the net for months looking for answers to this....i see videos on youtube of the same type of machines cutting at proper depths without a hitch...and still no answeres so i thought after searching this forum for months i would get registered and ask a few knowledgeable guys on here
thanks for listening
Mike
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:34:10 PM by mikekuru »
« Reply #2146 on: September 06, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
Hello All,

I just finished building my CNC Router, with the design from Dave Gatton.  I got all the motors running and have been trying to figure out Mach 3, while setting up the soft limits, my table measures 33" (x),  23" (y) and 6" (z), but when I read the DRO's of travel for all three axis the read outs show double.  So the X is 66", Y is 46" and Z is 12".  Any thoughts?  I have plenty more questions but I'll submit another post for that, don't want to get too confused.  Thanks All.

Arron

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: September 07, 2015, 01:52:46 AM »
Hi Arron,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like your axis steps per unit have been set incorrectly. However, if you post your question as a 'New Topic' in the General Section I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions as to how that problem can be resolved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2148 on: September 09, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »
Hello, my name is Tim. We are based just south of Bath in England.

We tried to source a CNC machine / Router from a UK company (based in the South West) but after several months all I managed to extricate from them was a quote.
My company required not just the machine but some setup help / expertise which we were willing to pay for. In our third month now of chasing them and sending them samples we have decided to take the plunge and buy a 3040T-DQ from ebay.

What we are looking for is someone who is willing to help setup the machine and a few programmes*

1. Basic Engraving on an 80mm x 80mm plastic plate
2. Engraving small plastic keyfobs with two lines of numbers

We have downloaded and paid for a licensed copy Mach 3 and are ready for a suitable candidate to help us get going.

I wondered if someone here would be willing for either an hourly rate of fixed amount to help us - either in person (you will have to be fairly local to the Bath / Bristol area) or via a Remote Connection ( TeamViewer etc.)

The 3040 is connected to the PC (running Windows XP) and we have manual control of the XY & Z axis but that's as far as we have got.

Many thanks in advance

Tim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

Using Mach3 is, I think, the easy part of the CNC process. Initially, you need to decide on the CAD/CAM software you are going to use to design your parts and then create the necessary Gcode for Mach3 to use. There is a lot of free software available (I started out using G-Simple http://www.gsimple.eu/ ) but probably the best (reasonably priced) and easiest to use, paid for, software is the Vectric range http://www.vectric.com/. I currently use Aspire but it took a while to get together the necessary funds to upgrade form V-Carve Pro.
Once your CAD/CAM is sorted then loading the Gcode into Mach3 and setting the start datum point etc. is relatively simple (the Mach manual, I think, explains all http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/ ).

That’s about it really.

If you have any specific questions then please post them as a New Topic in the General section where they will receive the maximum coverage and hopefully a speedy reply.

Tweakie.
PEACE