Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:36:23 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511434 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2550 on: February 27, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »
When asking questions be sure to post in the proper area.
Welcome aboard!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2551 on: February 27, 2018, 07:23:40 PM »
When asking questions be sure to post in the proper area.
Welcome aboard!
Mike

That wasn't a question. It's the reason why I'm here.
« Reply #2552 on: February 27, 2018, 10:17:13 PM »
I realized that you weren't asking a question. I was just giving some friendly advice.
Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2553 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:27 PM »
Hi my name is Owen  I am converting a plasma table to router table, but did not get computer with it.  So I could not find a parallel computers so went with win .10 and mach3.  But i am having trouble getting ref all working. I am using a pokey 57cncdb25  controler
« Reply #2554 on: March 02, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »
New here. Have a hobby cnc router now. Building a cnc plasma, using Mach3? and gecko g540.
« Reply #2555 on: March 03, 2018, 09:51:02 PM »
I have a 6040 engraving machine it came without limit switch and I have been using it like this for the last three years without any problem I decided to put limit switches on it so that I could home the machine for a reference point I have put all my limit switches on the machine and connected them to the controller
I am able to home Z axis in the right direction and Y axis in the right direction.
The X axis is giving me a problem if I get the X to home in the right direction it will not pull away from the microswitch it stops momentarily then moves on a small amount before stopping if I get the X moving away from the home in the opposite direction I can get it to bounce away from the microswitch then reverse it and it works but now X is in reverse as if it’s been flipped no matter what settings I do I cannot get it reversed back without messing up the homing
Hotkey does not seem to help changing polarity does not help I’m sure there is something simple I am missing out on
As I look at the front of the machine I am trying to get the X to home to my left and from left to right count positive originally when I first got the machine I had the problem where if I press the arrow to the left it would move to the right and vice versa after messing about with the settings I manage to get it to go in the right Direction
I had no limit switches so it did not affect me
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction
« Reply #2556 on: March 05, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »
Sam from the UK Stonemason building own larger machine trying to find various programs to Make file convert to Gcode and run on 3040T which can transfer to a 3metre x 1.2 metre machine..  got lost on a back road to 3d cnc still haven't found how to do it 2D ive been doing for years on various programs But getting a 3D sample to try is like trying to find a cat on worming day.
« Reply #2557 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Welcome Gentlemen.
@Ramsbury.
Post in the g-code section and I am sure someone will tell you how it is done.

Mike
« Reply #2558 on: March 06, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »
What's up everyone, My name is Barry I am from Georgia and I am brand new to all of this. Started dreaming of CNC and about a year later decided to build a machine. Assembly of the machine was the easy part, I had that complete in a few days, and pulling what hair I have left out for the past several weeks trying to grasp the software part. That is why I am here to try and learn as much as I can to start using my machine.
I look forward to learning from any and all of you here
« Reply #2559 on: March 09, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
Hi, My name is Tim Mahaffey and I am new to this forum or any forum. I have been doing CNC woodworking as a hobby for about 5 years now. I have a 9x5 machine that runs on Mach3. I have a background in electronics and worked in research and development for Tupperware mnfg. for about 15 years. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find drivers for the Jamen JNC 40m version 1.49 or can anyone recommend a good usb or Ethernet control board. The biggest drawback I see to owning a CNC is you very quickly see relatives and friends that you have not seen in awhile and it usually takes about 5 minutes for them to suggest that they would like something built. Hope everyone is well and have a nice day.
Tim
P.S. If anyone is in the Conway/Myrtle Beach area, drop me a line.  mahaffeytim@gmail.com