Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:23:25 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511389 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2570 on: March 29, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
Hi am Carlos and I am new to mach3 cnc and am wondering if anyone could help me with the program . Am having trouble finding the keys to move the torch back and forth up or down from the keyboard

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 30, 2018, 01:37:38 AM »
Hi Carlos,

Welcome.

The left/right/up/down arrow keys and the page up / page down keys are usually used.
Alternately, in Config. / System HotKeys you can select whichever keyboard keys you choose.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2572 on: April 01, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »
Hello, I am new to mach forum. I retrofitted a hurco Hawk machine with stepper motors due to the computer boards being bad in the machine when i got it. I have everything working correctly but i cannot get rpm to read on the spindle index. I am using the original proximity switch that they used for rpm. Now i have the readout to finally work but i only get 600 1200 1800 2400 ect. for rpm. all in 600 rpm increments. What is causing this to do this? I have tried spindle pulley ratio changes. Pulses per rev. changes. Just about everything i can think of but nothing changes the rpm. If i leave the spindle set at the same speed but make these changes the rpm readout does not change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline CX15

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 03, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
Hi everyone!
Brand new here - as in, I signed up 3 minutes ago!

I'm originally from Cape Town but I've been living in Hong Kong for the last decade.

I have acquired a 6040 CNC machine a few weeks back. It's almost set up - just finalising the divorce proceedings as I had to install it in the lounge. You see, space comes at a premium here in Hong Kong. The wife said I have to choose between her and the CNC - I will really miss her...

Looking forward to what will essentially be a new hobby for me! I love working with wood, so most of my CNC work will probably use that medium.

Oh, and I apologise in advance for the seriously noob questions coming in the next few weeks!!

Regards
CX15
« Reply #2574 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
We were all noobs at one point so bring on the questions!. Especially after you try using the search function first.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2575 on: April 05, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
Hi all
I bought a xhchb04 wireless mpg and would like to know if somebody could help me with the custom macros. I would like to use 3 of them for x y and z to rapid to zero after touch off and half of  the distance if this is possible. I have checked in the list  of plugins  when you open the dropdown there are a lot of functions but not for what I  would like to do. If there is a way can somebody please let me know how.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 06, 2018, 02:33:27 AM »
Hello Bories,

welcome here, about your xhchb04 start a thread in a particular section, new People welcome, is not the right place.

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2577 on: April 06, 2018, 04:18:24 AM »
Hi my name is Bories and I am from South Africa I stay in a small town Secunda and I like building machines. I have retrofitted a 4 axis milling machine and added a 5th axis. Now I am stuck with some of the features and will need some answers if somebody can help.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 06, 2018, 04:22:47 AM »
Hi Bories,

place threads about your question into the related subforums.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2579 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
 Hello to all of the people making as many mistakes myself and causing the need to produce this fantastic forum. My name is Mark and have been around awhile. This is the third round of learning the art of milling. it is becoming difficult to keep up with the software changes but the cutting stays the same.  Manual then DRO then CAD and wireless now printing going full on..
 Ive never registered or contributed because i didnt feel i had anything to give, so excuse me for dropping the coming question. Anything needing an answer was easily located simply by coming here and searching, so thank you for that.
 My trouble is the following..
 A small fire damaged some shop equipment and documents. A small mill/lathe w/gecko drive was powered via mach3 on win xp. My operator is no longer with me and cannot help me reset what i am needing.
  The mach 3 program says it is licensed to an unfamiliar name. The wizards will not all work due to the need of licensing. There is no response from New Fangled Solutions as to whether I own the software or not. The mach 3 file folder was destroyed in the fire and I have a feeling the original mach3 or maybe the one i pulled from a back up disk, may be pirated because of the lack of operating wizards.
 It seems simple enough to just purchase a new license and am ready to just that and am in need of some help as to what to get with it or not get.

Will i have a complete set of the wizards showing under the wizard tab?

Will the New Fangled Suite wizard (in the same tab) also function under the license?

Do i need to get the mill wizard? This question is because i remember using the items describbed in the program, although i might be recalling something running in the mach3 wizards instead..
  One last concern is the mill and computer is running without internet and everything must be moved by usb.  Any help with this would so much be appreciated. Thank you,Mark