Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:27:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511426 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
Hi, My name is Don Phillips and new to all CNC stuff... I've been fabricating a homebrew CNC machine since I came across www.buildyourcnc.com website. I'm excited about the possibilities in the CNC realm. I've recently purchased Mach3/Lazy Cam and am on a huge learning curve. My CNC is set up to run 4' x 8' material. Pretty big for a beginner. My background is in Vector Graphics Imaging and old school drafting and design (before computers). I'm no stranger to computers, but have taught at the college level. A few years ago I published with Corel Draw Magazine and helped on a Project with Illustrator 7 (dates me).

A couple of questions arose out of the training videos for setting up and zeroing the machine coordinates. I've slaved a 4th axis to the x axis since I'm using a gantry. I noticed that when I "reference" the x-axis, only the "x" side is moving and not the a-axis which is slaved. This is a definite problem since I need them to both move when zeroing the machine coordinates. What do I need to do to correct this?

The second question is ... about Measuring units. I set up the system to be on the English system and not the Metric. But when convert the .dxf to go codes it loads as Metric and everything is miniaturized. Again, I'm new, and need some help in exploring how I can "fix" this problem.
« Reply #581 on: June 30, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Hi I live in South Africa have finished building a small CNC router. I intend to use this for producing moulds for plaster casting moulds for my aluminum foundry.
« Reply #582 on: July 01, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
Hi
 my name is jaime vargas, I live in bogota colombia , At this moment I am installing a machine with sofware mach 3 the this totally new machine but in the installation of the machine I have had enough problems with the sofware, comment on the machine to them it(he,she) moves his(her,your) three axes(axles) normally, but the disadvantages that I have are the following ones, the machine does not recognize the home and x it(he,she) recognizes it and z it(he,she) does not also recognize it besides it if I locate the machine in a point anyone and give him setup or point zero and despues displace the machine does not return to the same point .. I was fitting the blackslash but it(he,she) was not possible until you or someone me envie the normal configuration ... as that I do not have a north.... Besides it when I am going to generate the codigo g in lazy cam ... in occasions it(he,she) generates it and in occasions or better the great majority does not do it ..... not to which this owes ..... cant to guide ...., another disadvantage that I have is that when it(he,she) loads the figure in the visualizador of the mach it(he) remains lost ... since I do to centre it ... and to prevent the screw from moving up to where the drawing stays ... I hope that they could help me, 
Grasias jaime
« Reply #583 on: July 03, 2009, 12:32:38 AM »
my name is cody  or cc2007 I do all the programing and proto types at my work  from anything on a 6 Axis jobe gantry mill with 4 inter interchangeable heads and fixted tool change at 90  to 5 axis G&l all the way down to a haas mini .do mostly barometric programing and custom macro programs  probing and grinding on huge mills .after working on monsters cnc all day I want to come home and just tinker on small projects I am in the middle of retro fitting a grizzly virl/hor  with 4 axis and also plan on running the vertical like a lathe and do some plasma with a custom made arm and mill for x and y it  Running a low cost cnc kit and moch3  good times
« Reply #584 on: July 04, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
Hi, I'm new to CNC and Mach, just getting started. I'm a watchmaker and micromachinist in Switzerland, time to move into the computer age  ;).
« Reply #585 on: July 05, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
Hello Everyone, My name is Silvio and I've been visiting and absorbing as much info from this site as possible. I will begin a retrofit shortly on my brothers' Hurco MB1 mill who's controller let out it's smoke twice since being repaired. Based on the support and knowledge that I've seen other members get, I'm confident about moving forward with this project. It looks as if the feeling you get when you take one of these outdated machines and bring them back to life to make new parts is worth the work!

I look forward to posting some more info on my upcoming project soon.
« Reply #586 on: July 05, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »
Hi. my user name is fxrcharlie, I'm realy new to cnc. Just purchased a masters cnc engraver, using Mach 3.I am using an IBM Thinkpad as my computer, I heard they work ok with mach3. I am just getting things setup,I think I have got my motors tuned. I will be reading alot on this forum, as I will need a lot of help. I just wanted to say "HI" to everyone.
Happy machining and let the chips fly.
« Reply #587 on: July 08, 2009, 11:05:32 PM »
Hi!
New to the forum and very inexperienced with Mach. We use Mach 3 at work and I have just set up a Taig at home. I'm not very good with Mach and I need to become more adept, especially to get my machine at home up and running. I'll probaably lurk for a while till I get a better handle on how to use the software. I do have some specific noob type questions but I'm sure a search will reveal the answers to those. Looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Norman
« Reply #588 on: July 09, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »
Hi all, I joined back in Feb, and have just put in a request for help with my first post so I thought that I should introduce my self.

Apprenticeship with Royal Air Force servicing aircraft wireless and radar, back in the days of valves (vacuum tubes), did 13 years in RAF.
Then 8 years maintaing mainframe computers IBM clones.
2 short jobs about a year each which introduced me to micro-processors
20 years programming, Fortran and assembler, maintaining an on-line betting system, then the system was replaced by a new one so I was shunted to do other things so when a year later they offered my re-dundancy I accepted it with pleasure.
I have been in my current position, retirement, for nearly 9 years and am very happy in the role, the only problem is that the money is not good.

Dave
« Reply #589 on: July 10, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Hi everybody, I just joined and need this post to confirm my registration.

I really enjoy reading everything about mach3 and would like to delve into some simple modifications of user interface.

Rastko