Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:25:59 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511624 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1500 on: June 30, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
I am new to the forum and very stoked on working with CNC machinery. I have very little experience but I now have a Shopbot and I want to run it with Mach3 as I am very comfortable with it. I also have a small K2 machine that I have been learning on for the last few months and already have  a post that will work with SolidWorks/SolidCAM/Mach3.  My question is will Mach3 run a Shopbot??? if so what changes do I have to make? 
« Reply #1501 on: July 01, 2012, 04:09:18 AM »
Higuys,

This is santosh from india, i am working in a manufacturing company as service engineer. we are retrofitting all kinds of lahe using our mach 3 cnc controller. i got some problem during my cnc installation. thats is why i decided to be member of forum and i always want to do something new in our product.
here i saw all of member is very helpful everybody wants to help everybody.

santosh
« Reply #1502 on: July 03, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »
Hello Chad, and Everyone.
I'm a new Mach3 user, and I must thank a few of you who have already helped me do some screen editing and to get through the very basics of assigning macro code to buttons.  I had no idea Mach3 was so customizable. 

About me?  An Electrical Engineer who's become a machinist.  I make custom scientific and medical devices.  My shop consists of 6 lathes, one of which is a lathe/mill.  I have Mach3 on only one of them, a Schaublin 70.  Two others are CNC, a Citizen B12, and a EMCO Super 11.  The Citizen has a FANUC controller, and the EMCO I outfitted with an old Centroid CNC controller.  I also have a little SIEG lathe to which I'll definitely add Mach 3 someday. 

For some reason, I didn't get the native screen designer installed (the one referenced in "Customizing Mach 2".  There seems to be some little snags in documentation, for example the PDF I jut referenced, "Customizing Mach 2" I assume is current for Mach 3 and just hadn't had the title updated yet.   In any case, instead of the native scren designer, I'm using MachScreen by Klaus Dietrich, http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/index_eng.html and it's working quite well.

I read someplace VB in MAch3 is in transition from CB (Cypress Basic) to something else.  Any comments on the general direction of that move and the thinking behind it?   Then there is this 'mach brain'....the topics alone are a hoot.  "Brain this", and "Brain that".  Gotta appreciate the brain humor, but what is the idea behind of having different brains?  They seem like logic which is specific to a particular hardware environment?  Something between the hardware and VB script?  Sort of a gray-matter firmware?  Broad overviews of some of these big projects would be nice to put all this into context. 

Well gang, I'm off to make another button do something.  I hope I can contribute to this group someday, the kernel ArtSoft brings to the DIY (Do It Yourself) world is incredibly powerful, and it's fun and fantastic to have tools like this to play with.
JB_52

Offline dito

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:38 AM »
Hi
I'm Dito from Tbilisi,Georgia
And I am trying to make my first steps in cnc world and in Mach3 field.
I described my problem in"General Mach Discussion"
And hope you'll help me

Thanks

Dito

« Reply #1504 on: July 04, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »
new mill is doing fiunnyy things , first i have servo drives that requier 35000 kernal speed( my Y is at 5000 stps ) and i have got them some what tuned but now after a few minites motor movement stops whont come back not sure if i am doing or if i am even doing the right things. the motors are locked in but no signal seems to get to them and on the diog.s  screen i only have 2 pins lite up now is this correct? lost lost lost ps the software still runs when reset. my motors are DMM with Dmm DRives and breakout board.
« Reply #1505 on: July 07, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
Hi all,

I'm the newbie for the day it looks like.  Have been working on building my own CNC for a hobby and hopefully some extra cash on the side.  I've loved woodworking and metal working since childhood and recently decided to look into CNC.  I started my CNC project last fall and am now finally getting to the point of making my first cuts. 

I recently finished wiring the entire system and have now torn down everything to sand blast the metal and prep for painting.  My SuperPid came and have it put together for manual use for now, but intend to wire it into Mach3 at a later date (with some input from those who've done it before - I'm using a CNC4PC C10 BOB, BTW).  I hope to mill both wood and aluminum on the CNC machine I've built.  It is primarily of steel, with the Z Axis and router mount primarily of aluminum.  When I've got it painted, I'll show it off for you to see.

I look forward to both learning from the Mach community and contributing when and where I can.

Cheers!

Trent
http://mefixitmyself.com
« Reply #1506 on: July 10, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Hi there, My name is Forrest and I am new to this world of CNC. I hope to learn how to use Mach 3 to find work.
I live in Michigan (USA), and have been a producer of instructional DVDs for the past 15 years. Sales have been
so slow I need to find a real job to pay rent. My dream is to build small automated shop and try the manufacturing business.
Any advice is welcomed.
f
« Reply #1507 on: July 17, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »
Hi my name is Richard
I am new to CNC controlled machines.
I have recently bought a Scandinvent C4 ( stone router ) which is running Mach 3 controller. I need assistance as the program seems to have lost some settings and won't work at all.
Scandinvent won't help me due to dispute with previous owner...unless I pay them £7500!
Im based in the UK ( North ) and would appreciate if someone can help/ get involved. Happy to pay the going rate!
« Reply #1508 on: July 20, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
Hello,

I am Jeff, east of Pittsburgh Pa. I have been a service technician for decades on a variety of equipment. I am setting up a 3 axis CNC mill for hobby.

I am looking for someone in the Pittsburgh region that runs Mach 3 to network with.

Hope to find some good information to setup the Mach 3 mill - I have a wide range of information in a variety of fields and disciplines to share.

Jeff
« Reply #1509 on: July 22, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

Hey all another newbie here, Home Shop down in South Florida, just gettin started filled with more questions than answers, was searching the site for an answer to one of the many riddles that confound me. Be talking at you all soon maybe one day I may have an answer or two