Hello Guest it is August 22, 2019, 11:12:32 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3397838 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2390 on: January 17, 2017, 07:09:16 AM »
Cheers
« Reply #2391 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »
Yep,  another new member.  Have been looking around here and other sites looking for  answers to the many questions I have!  I am retired, or in a more sympathetic tone, unemployed.  My passion is with the family and skiing.  I have been making my own skis for about ten years now.  When I started making skis, I had the pleasure to visit and observe another making skis and he had built his own CNC.  I was impressed and needless to say... I have wanted to have my own since.  That time has come and I purchased one. 4x8 with Mach3.  Finding out that this one has it share of gremlins.  Been knee deep for the past several days and am struggling but am determined to get through this!  Stand by as I review further into this site looking for answers and or posting questions in the appropriate places.  In my previous visits i have come to find that those on this site are willing to help and that is great!
ra
« Reply #2392 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
Im Gary, I live and work in Atlanta where I remodel and build homes as well as produce custom woodworking. I am helping a friend who has purchased a millwork shop and inherited a CNC mill. The system was homebuilt from parts of other systems, is quite large and robust. It runs Mach3 and I have been able to get the system up and running but have cut nothing yet. Im looking to learn everything that I can about the system and software as well as training, events where I can meet other users, and any general interaction. Thanks for having me in!
« Reply #2393 on: January 21, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
My name is Alan. I like CNC. I make artistic 3D relief work for cnc.

I like to brows around the forum and see what's going on.
« Reply #2394 on: January 29, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »
Hello all I am James and reside in Michigan.

I am new to CNC Milling and CNC Routers and have been through many struggles and aggravations during the past 6 months with getting my machine purchased, built and running. They say you can never do enough research before beginning this endeavor and that has been proven time and time again to me. What a long nightmare haul it has been. Today I finally got my CNC router moving for the first time and I acted like a kid in a candy store. I am on research overload and still have a long way to go to get this machine producing parts.

I am electronics stupid and have fried 2 gecko g540s by simply not paying attention to what I was doing. Thankfully Gecko repaired the drives for free (what a great company) and I now have motion. I still have some spindle and VFD wiring to figure out but I know that I am now close to conquering it all.

I have read so many post here and still a lot more to read and I have enjoyed and learned something new from just about all of them. I sure wish there was an entire step by step process from start to finish that made since. Youtube has been a great help but everyone has different ways of doing things that I end up getting confused and screw something up.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to my short rant and looking forward to reading more post.

James.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:27:10 PM by JimmyLee »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,885 7,885
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2395 on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum James.

Excellent write-up - I am sure that many of us see something of ourselves there having progressed in a similar manner.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2396 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
Ok, I'm new here, Have a problem with my program that has cost me a fortune in sanity and money. Spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to start a thread on here, but apparently no such option is available????????? Or am I missing something?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,885 7,885
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2397 on: February 07, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
Hi Oliver welcome to the forum.

Click on General Mach Discussion
Then Click on New Topic (towards top of screen)

Easy as that  ;)

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2398 on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi, new here, urgently need to post a thread topic, but there doesn't appear to be any way of doing so???? I was expecting there to be a "post new thread" button, bigger than all the others, but instead, there isn't one?????????
So how do I actually post a question? This is the second time I'm asking in several hours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,885 7,885
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2399 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
So how do I actually post a question? This is the second time I'm asking in several hours.

This is the second time I have answered in about as long a time.  ;D

Click on General Mach Discussion
Then Click on New Topic (towards top of screen)

Tweakie.