Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3292949 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #840 on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
Hi Jim (the Mole),

Welcome to the forum.
Some of us had to lie about our age when we registered  ;D

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline majorstrain

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 12, 2010, 07:30:28 AM »
G'day all,
I'm a strain gauge and instrumentation tech at a university here in Perth,Western Australia
I've been manual machining for a couple of years and am just getting together an X3 mill to cnc.
The system will use 387oz steppers @ 50V for the X,Y,A and B (tool changer axis), and a 1200oz stepper @ 80V for the Z axis.
I'm using a Gecko 540 for the 387oz steppers and a 201x for the 1200oz stepper. The ball screws are 5mm pitch direct drive.
The electronics is done but I just have to clean up the finish on the mill and mount the hardware b4 I can throw hot chips around the place.
Mean while it's time to read some old threads from you knowledgeable folk.
Cheers,
Phil

Offline gpraceman

• View Profile
    • GrandPrix Software Central
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Randy and I just recently dove into the CNC world.  I run a small business that makes software and other products for Pinewood Derby type racing.  My motivation for purchasing a CNC machine was to reduce the amount of time to make up batches of the products that I produce and have in development.  I have a HF Mini Mill that I have been using up until this point, but it seemed a daunting task to convert that into a CNC mill.

I first tried to purchase a CNC mill from Modular CNC.  That was a huge mistake and I have been waiting over a month for a promised refund that I likely will never see.  You can read the full story at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15104.0.html, if you wish.

I just received a Zenbot 1216 and started setting it up with Mach3.  I'll likely be making a bunch of posts here as I learn how to use this machine along with Mach3.

Offline Servco

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »
Hi my name is Pete and I work at a power plant in Massachusetts.
I built a shop next to my home to run a metal fabrication business. The Job at the power plant came up and I scrapped the idea of running a business. Now I wonder how it would have gone. I have gotten rid of many tools and machines. I still have a Bridgeport cnc boss series 2 with all original stuff on it. I'm looking to learn about cnc's since I've never ran this machine.

If anyone has any advice on a low cost conversion it would be welcomed.

I have a electrical background with ac motor controls.

Their is so much to learn about everything. Even the stuff you know about.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Pete

Offline tamiltls

• Holding
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 14, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
Hello Everyone!I am Vanan from Malaysia.I am 49yrs old avid r/c fan.I recently purchased the ultimate Sherline CNC Lathe and Mill.I hope this forum will get me going with my r/c as I will be using my machine to reproduce r/c parts.But I do have some problem here.I seem to not able to get the software moving.Can anyone assist me please.Hiow to set up and run the system.Cheers.
Vanan

Offline daverowland

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »
My name is Dave Rowland, I am South West UK and I have some programming knowledge as well as pretty good with taking things apart.
Basically I am a sign maker who has an large AXYZ machine but wanting to see how an alternative controller might work... i start a new thread for the questions with Mach

Offline timskx1

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Hi everyone.  Tim here.  I am having a problem with the units on my mach 3 software.  I set it ti inches, but the machine is working in metric units still.  anyone have any idea what is going on?  Thanks all.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #847 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Hi Tim,

If you post your question under the General Mach Discussion topic I am sure you will get a swift response.

btw. Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline timskx1

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks

Offline Viktor

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
Hello everyone.
First, thanks for everything I am learning from you.
Viktor is for Viktor Shauberger.
My name is Pierre, I live in Montréal, Qc Can.
Cnc is an adventure for me: knew nothing a year ago. 
Hope to share my experience with others some day.
 :)
Pierre