Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:23:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511601 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2008, 04:04:58 AM »
Hi

I am not new here, I just never posted.
I distribute sherline tools in israel, I have a cnc lathe and a cnc mill. these are used for demos to customers and I run them with  turbocnc because although limited compared to mach3 it is a low cost entry system, not only the softare but mainly the required pc. I currently use an obsolete laptop with DOS.
I have no doubt that for actual production of anything I would switch to mach3 - quite a few of my customers did that

regards
dan
« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2008, 04:13:12 AM »
Hello,
I am dickshuford and have been running Mach2 for some years.  I have a homemade cnc wood router (mach2) plus a cnc plasma cutter but running on Torchmate Software.   I mostly wanted to just introduce myself and say that I have been pleased with the support I have gotten from Art and the group. 
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Hello,
I am from the netherland and i am using mach for my machine (routertable)
The machine i build is 2.5 meter long and 1,5 wide and works with servo`s .
The floor can be taken out and then you have a plasma table as well.
It fun to build but it take`s some time and think work .
He isn`t running yet but this won,t take weeks any more and will then start using mach 3 again .

thanks CNCworks.nl
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:49 AM »
Hi there
Just introducing myself. My name is Ger. I'm located in Ireland and have a Syil X4+. Using Mach of course to run the machine and BobCad for CAD / CAM. I'm pretty new at cnc so still learning. Main interest is in cars and the machining is a spin off from this. I qualified frmo college as an Electronic Engineer.
I also have some manual machines - a Denford Viceroy mill and a Warco BH600 lathe. Would like to eventually get a cnc lathe as well and build a cnc plasma table also. I sell Tig's & Plasmas in my spare time so already have the  Plasma cutter - just need the time and space for a table!
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2008, 04:29:06 AM »
Hi,
My name is michel, i live in france in the south west, i've build a MECHMATE from the plan and use Gecko's and HSD Spindle with a CNC4PC C11G card, i use V-carve and cut 3D with Corel and Sheetcam. my website is http://www.decoubois.com
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:43 AM »
Hi
My Name is Richard Burns
I built one of Bob Campbell,s Designs and use  Mach 3 to drive it. I also use SolidWorks and VisualMill, as well as Vcarve 4 pro.
Presently I am looking at a 5 axis upgrade.

« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2008, 04:44:42 AM »
Hi all
My name is Vassili Finellis and i'm new to  Mach3.
I build and trade cnc milling centers using various controllers ( hardware ) from the market.
It's time to check out the Mach3 controller on a Maxnc CL controll hardware, with no luck.
Nice to see you here guys!
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
Hi,

I am a new guy here.
I have a Taig mill and would like to make ham radio parts on it.
Just here to learn about Mach and what it can do.

thanks,
TheLiz
« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
>>>>all members with 0 posts will be deleted<<<

this is my post to prevent deletion   :(

I have an x1 which I converted running mach3
in West Mids UK

(-=Spiyda=-)
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2008, 04:53:09 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Barry and I live in Banbury, UK.

I have been lurking in the Mach3 background for some time now and am just about to build a wood framed 3 axis mill.

I have purchased/manufactured all the parts including electronics and all that remains now is to find the time to get down and assemble it!

As a result of reading many CNC forums, I bit the bullet and bought high quality parts as it appears that although many start out with a wooden framed rig they very soon migrate to a sturdy, larger and more practical metal frame. Rather than invest twice, I reckon it best to splash out on good quality kit first time around. This does need a fair amount of research (and dosh!) but that is where the forums come in and I am not afraid of learning from others ... absolutely NO point in re-inventing the wheel is there?

I am still not quite sure which path to take regarding the Achilles heel of a CNC jig - the Z axis - there are a few really nice design ideas about which can be copied or used as a basis for a good working design.  Again, it needs thinking about well before committing to cutting metal. One obvious (?) point is to consider exactly how much lift is going to be required in order for the tool tip to clear the work piece which in turn determines the limitations of what exactly you are going to be capable of manufacturing on your rig. Very easy to design yourself a rig with extremely limited capabilities.

With a software, CAD and electronic background this stuff is really fascinating and I can't wait to get up and running.

My projects will be biased towards the modelling world - mainly aeromodelling, but my first "order" is for two engraved brass name plates for my pals 4" Burrel traction engine which is nearing completion so time is pressing to say the least. 

On the same subject I just finished a 2 axis foam cutting rig for cutting wings and fuselage parts (1 metre table width) and I am currently on the steep learning curve of mastering GMFC Pro software - THE foam cutter's software, as Mach3 is for CNC work!

Final interesting point - the spell checker in this software does not recognise the term   CNC   -    Brilliant  !!