Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:27:31 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511339 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1330 on: November 28, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »
   ;D
Hi Ionescu welcome to our group, thank you for introducing your self , sorry to hear that you have not been paid for work you have performed , I'm sure that some of the group can relate to that.
unfortunately this is purely a introduction site.
All questions that you may have should be addressed to the General Forum, you can access that site from this page, you will notice on this page there is a area " General Mach Discussion" if you brows the the various threads and select one that seems to be the closest to your inquiries and post your questions there, I'm sure that you will get the answers

Dick   ;)    
« Reply #1331 on: December 04, 2011, 05:06:46 PM »
Hello, my name's Adam, and I run a CNC waterjet near Ft Worth TX for a small company called American Waterjet

We don't really cut a whole lot of precision parts with our machine, not because it can't, but because we generally find that laser is so much more competitive for such things...instead, we cut and occasionally engrave designs into or out of flagstone. For a more complete idea of what we do, visit http://watercarvedcreations.com/

One of the most important things I've learned is NOT to let your boss slap you onto a machine you never knew existed, for the sole reason that "he likes computers" X_X demand thorough training, or refuse outright! That, and be VERY careful if you have to buy a machine from EzRouter...2 years out and we're still finding things they should have done at the start

the table's a Scorpion "model" (they used us as guinea pigs, but assuming they haven't scrapped it), but we've renamed it to Llama since it likes to spit at us
« Reply #1332 on: December 04, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »
   ;D
Hi Adam welcome aboard thank you for dropping by an introducing your self,being a guinea pig is not a good  thing i usually takes up a lot of time and energy for very little if any reward
I always name my equipment some with very perverse names ::) which I feel that they have earn't  but I like the  analogy of the Llama

Dick  ;)       
« Reply #1333 on: December 04, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »
hi

my names james. Ive been an engineer for over 10 years. welding fabricating mainly. Ive used just about every type of mill/lathe. now I'm trying to teach myself cnc.
Ive got a small cnc mill that i made from scratch, and the first program i have tryed is mach3
i have a few questions about mach3
is there a relatively cheep engraving softwere that will convert to gcode without much fuss?
because I'm running the free version of mach3 all of the wizards will not let me save my settings( jog and learn mainly) i didnt want to shell out over a hundred quid if this will not be unlocked.
any tips will be much appreciated
« Reply #1334 on: December 04, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
   ;D
Hi Adam welcome aboard thank you for dropping by an introducing your self,being a guinea pig is not a good  thing i usually takes up a lot of time and energy for very little if any reward
I always name my equipment some with very perverse names ::) which I feel that they have earn't  but I like the  analogy of the Llama

Dick  ;)       
yeah, I agree...I don't think we knew we were being used as guinea pigs though, at the time :/ we tend to trust everybody though, so my boss payed for it despite their passive refusal to give him blueprints before making it...
also, I have no doubt that they have more than earned it! I like to say I never knew Hell was so full of water, lol
« Reply #1335 on: December 05, 2011, 01:41:35 AM »
   ;D
Hi James welcome aboard It can be quite an experience teaching oneself, and trying to decide what programmes to buy,without throwing your Quids away,they are too hard to come by.
Any questions that you may have should be addressed to the General Forum, which can be accessed from this page,
there is a vast amount of knowledge accumulated there and I'm sure that they will put you on the right track. ???

Dick ;)

« Reply #1336 on: December 06, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
Test
« Reply #1337 on: December 06, 2011, 01:39:13 AM »
I did the test because no where does it offer, "New Post." Just like code eh...got to figure it out. BUT, I hope to speed up that process by asking for some help. first, I just joined because I just bought a K2 with and it has this software with it. Appears to be 5.0 ? Hope it's good enough for what I want to do first. Which is to engrave some custom valve covers.
My name is Bruce Fulper and if you type me name in to YouTube you'll see me winning my NHRA Super Stock Class at Indy in 2004. On the way home a 18 wheeler truck driver fell asleep coming down a hill behind me, hit me wide open at the bottom of the hill and destroyed everything. So yes, I'm lucky to be here and I've worked hard to keep the shop doors open. So far so good.

I live by Riverside, Ca. and am looking for someone to teach me G-code. I've spent my whole life in machine shops. My Dad had one until he passed away in 1981. I've been a mechanical nuclear inspector so I will be a quick study.

If anyone can help me get this machine making chips I'll gladly donate to your Christmas fund. Just not $1000 a day like K2 wants. ( ! ) The computer also has Virtual Gibbs on it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. PM for phone.

Thanks!

Bruce
« Reply #1338 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:02 AM »
   ;D
Hi Bruce welcome aboard, sorry to hear of your misfortune in 2004,glad to hear that you have managed to survive that ordeal both commercially and personally , this site is purely a introduction site and all questions should be addressed to the General Mach Forum which can be accessed from this page if you brows that site and find a thread that you feel is most appropriate for your needs I'm sure that you will receive the help you seek, and it will not be a $1000 a day
Thanks for dropping by and introducing your self I wish you every success in your new venture

Dick  ;)  
« Reply #1339 on: December 06, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
Hi there;

I am a new CNC hobbyist. I just picked up one of the Chinese machines, Redonda 3040. I have just figured out how to get it up and running, and have managed to spell my name and cut some circles. Love Mach 3. I'll be purchasing in the next few days. Thanks for the great software. I'm sure I'll have loads of dumb questions over the next little while. I'm having a lot of fun, but for someone with "ZERO" background in machining, this is sure to be a steep learning curve.