Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:52:37 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511404 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »
Hi gang!

As the saying goes, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade".  In my case, life handed me a sack of lemons and all I got was an eye full of citric acid!  ;D  Got laid off from my full-time job thanks to outsourcing, or as the company calls it, "Right-Sizing".  ???

I'm an Engineering Designer by trade specializing in tooling, fixtures and jigs, etc. for manufacturing as well as production lines, R&D and pilot lines.  I've been doing this sort of work for the last 25 years or so.  I used to operate some of the earlier wire E.D.M. machines which used paper-punch tapes for the program.

I am now interested setting-up a small, table mount, gantry type, CNC engraver/mill for fabricating/detailing parts for my custom Corvette.  I also have small setups for powder-coating, anodizing and plating.  Holy cow!  With all this stuff, maybe I could start making some lemonade! ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:29:20 AM by BigKahunaFL »
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
Hello, I am carve 1. I  am very new to cnc ( Dont Know Nothin ) but hope to apply cnc to my wood carving work.
I am interested in touch probing to reverse engeneer  ( duplicate and enhance ) my carvings.
I have a machine with Animatics smart motors and Jen cnc software.
I need advise to fill in the blanks ( and there are a ton of blanks to fill )  to make my machine run.
Anyone with touch probe experiance ( I hope ),,,, I can use your direction,, this thing has smacked me stupid,,, many thanks, carve 1
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
Hi,
I have a three axis router, which Mach 3 trial do I need to down load ?The nearest application I see is Mach 3 Mill.
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
I'm kent mcvicker.  from marion, louisiana.  a very small village in the middle of the woods.  i envy all of your great sounding jobs.  i'm just a truck driver.  hual chemicals.  bought a ez router with mach 3 in november of 06.  been trying to master everything in my spare time, since.  hope to be able to use my new "toy" to turn my woodworking hobby into at least a part time business.  i'm not good enough with the software to help anyone yet.  everytime i use my router, i understand just how much i have to learn.  it's slow for an old fellow.

kent
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »
Hi, I'm Nino
I'm from Spain.
I have no idea of cnc, cam, dnc, ... stepper motors, servo motors, drivers ...
But in the last two months or so I have begun to learn a little because I need a cnc table for plasma cutting and can not afford for a commercial one.
I was almost in despair till yesterday that I found this site and mach3, I think I can do it now.
By now I can help very little but i'll try to help all I can.

When I remember the days when i made my own press brake (3000 mm wide, 100 Tons) five years ago, and didn't even think of a cnc because it seemed to me it was
some kind of  STAR WARS devie ... ;D.

I'm not an engeneer, nor electronic, I'm just a self employed welder, but I like machinery and if  I can make a machine myself ... 

Now my next challenge is the cnc table. I have a lot to learn and maybe its out of my limits but I hope to be able to do it with all the help that can be breathed in this site.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards.
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
Hi,

Just getting my feet wet in CNC as a hobby to start.  I bought a Taig mill well over a year ago along with Mach2 and I'm just now starting to tinker with it... sad, I know.

Offline coogrrr

•  13 13
  • Vrooom!!
    • View Profile
    • la de da
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
Guess I should have posted by now but yes I am too bitten by the DIY CNC bug and I am nearly done! I will also be working on some nice flash screens for new users or people who want a good 3D look at things! watch for the thread it will show up soon!

Coog
300IPM - DIY router made from David Steele's plans and serious modifications!
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2007, 09:47:01 PM »
Hi All,

Great forum. I'm in australia and have been building a composite material cutting table.

I have got the x and y moving so now onto building the Z.

Great software with excellent support by this forum

Jason
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Hi All, first post woo hoo.

I am based in Melbourne, Australia. Discovered cnc routing a couple of weeks ago (I am totally new to all this)  I am just putting together a cnc router should be up and running by the end of the month. Just purchased a kit from mike beck (not sure if hes a member here).

Just trying to sort out the software I need/want i'll be buying mach3 for sure :)

joez71
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2007, 10:38:25 AM »
Hello. I am Jerry Dotson and live near Pensacola, Fl. 61 years old and retired control technician. I have been interested in CNC a long time. I saw an old tape machine in 1969 at Piper Aircraft making landing gear parts.  I was hooked. I built my CNC router in 2002. I started with Stepperworld drivers and soon grew tired of 20 IPM and got Gecko 210's. Now I get 120 IPM rapids. Leadscrews get to whipping above that speed. I make model airplane parts and small signs. Just a hobby nothing more. I use Mach3.