Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:46:51 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511469 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2130 on: August 03, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
Hello:
My Name is Tony.
I have worked in the semiconductor industry for about 15 years and in the USN for about 10 years before that.
I an brand new to the CNC world and bought one of those 3020 CNC desktop units from ebay.
I have not gotten it to work yet but as always try until I succeed.
Cheers
« Reply #2131 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:20 AM »
Hello All. :)

I joined this group because I'm helping another member (alloy) do a CNC upgrade on his Shizouka AN-S milling machine.  Alloy wants to use Mach3 / Galil controls.  I have about 20 years experience with Galil hardware and programming, but have minimal experience with Mach3.

I'm a semi-retired controls engineer, tool&die maker, machine designer/builder.  I've done a number of CNC conversions using both servo and stepper systems, in addition have a extensive background in motion control for other uses.  These days I just kind of putter around in my shop, turning perfectly good metal and wood into chips and saw dust.  I also spend a lot of time hanging out at The Hobby-Machinist forum.

Right now the Shizouka AN-S moves under it's own power, and we have control over the servos from the Galil Tools screen, and the MPG.  Also the DRO on the Mach3 screen works fine.  That's as far as we have gotten so far.  Next will be integrating the tool changer.

As the Shizouka AN-S project progresses, I will be asking questions as I get stuck, and will be counting on the members here to bail me out ;D  If I see questions come up on this board that I can help with, I'll be more than happy to jump in with my $0.02

Jim
Controls Engineer
Machinist
Machine Design/Build
« Reply #2132 on: August 06, 2015, 04:27:39 AM »
Hi I'm Artemiy, now begin study mach3 and work of CNC, in this year i've got bachelor's degree on robotics in Bauman University, first question for me is what cam system should use for building g-code more comfortable for mach3(my cad is solidworks), second is ability make 3d line on g-code and then mach3, because i've heard that's impossible( while nothing is impossible) . Thank's for answers
« Reply #2133 on: August 21, 2015, 06:43:41 AM »
Hi
Fairly newbie
After two years of trying to get this 4X4 CNC plasma table to work I finally threw it away and bought one that does work. I have been doing very well drawing in Auto cad and cutting The problem I have is I am trying to cut 6'' donuts and the sides don't come out even I suspect the motors have to be tuned but I don't know how can anyone help me ?

All the Best
                                                                                                             George M Anderson II

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 21, 2015, 06:54:53 AM »
Hi
Fairly newbie
After two years of trying to get this 4X4 CNC plasma table to work I finally threw it away and bought one that does work. I have been doing very well drawing in Auto cad and cutting The problem I have is I am trying to cut 6'' donuts and the sides don't come out even I suspect the motors have to be tuned but I don't know how can anyone help me ?

All the Best
                                                                                                             George M Anderson II                                                                                                  

Hi

Open a thread in the general Mach area and someone will assist, I have just built a 4x4 so maybe I can offer some help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 22, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Hi George,

I have moved your post to the General Section as a New Topic 'Plasma help please' - I hope this brings the necessary response towards resolving your uneven cutting problem.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,30729.0.html

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:34:59 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2136 on: August 23, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
Hello everyone,just introducing myself, i am new to lazycam and Mach 3, i got myself one of those Chinese CNC mills (6040), i am pretty happy with it, i practiced a lot of CADCAM in school, but since i started working i never got a chance to do it any more, so this CNC is my opportunity to do again something i really enjoyed.
I got a problem with Lazycam right now, i want to cut the outline  of a letter G, i create the vector in illustrator, export it as dxf, but when i open it in LazyCam some lines take shortcuts and skip one or 2 anchor points.
I dont know how to load an image here, let me keep trying.
« Reply #2137 on: August 23, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »
hello i have made cnc machine and got it all hooked up and did what video is telling me what to do and cant get the machine to run the motors any help
« Reply #2138 on: August 23, 2015, 03:58:03 PM »
hello i have made cnc machine and got it all hooked up and did what video is telling me what to do and cant get the machine to run the motors any help

Hello, can you share a more detailed description of your problem, i had a similar problem when i finished assembling my machine man, it didnt start, it turned out to be the paralel port adress, Mach3 has 2 predetermined paralel port names, I had to find out what the name of my paralel port was and type it in manually in Mach3. You can check that in Config-Ports and Pins- Port#1

let me know if that helps

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 24, 2015, 01:46:07 AM »
Hello everyone,just introducing myself, i am new to lazycam and Mach 3, i got myself one of those Chinese CNC mills (6040), i am pretty happy with it, i practiced a lot of CADCAM in school, but since i started working i never got a chance to do it any more, so this CNC is my opportunity to do again something i really enjoyed.
I got a problem with Lazycam right now, i want to cut the outline  of a letter G, i create the vector in illustrator, export it as dxf, but when i open it in LazyCam some lines take shortcuts and skip one or 2 anchor points.
I dont know how to load an image here, let me keep trying.

Hi Jesusrendonlara,

Regarding your LazyCam issues – Initially, please take a look through the LazyCam manual to see if this provides an answer to your question.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.0.html

If not then perhaps post your questions, as a new topic, in the LazyCam section where Rich is sure to respond. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,14.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE