Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:32:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511393 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1510 on: July 22, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »
Ok I get it now so I will try this again, go by the name of Joe, a Home shop down in south Florida, a total newbie to CNC, Mach III, and all of that there. Was searching site and decided to join up. Be talking at you all soon.
« Reply #1511 on: July 24, 2012, 03:08:03 AM »
I'm Ed, very new. Just got it running last weekend. What a great feeling!

Im sure this is a rookie question and I tried to answer it from the manual but couldnt find it. While cutting some shapes out of plywood the machine stopped and the reset button flashed. I re-set it and hit the start. It started again but didnt start where it stopped. It went back a foot or so but it cut through the work to get there. My speeds were given to me from the CNC kit builder and seem fine. As if I would know...

thanks
Ed

Offline KuC

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »
Hi all, my name is Andrej and I come from small country named Slovenia (central Europe). I am studying mechanical engineering and thought it shouldnt be a bad idea to actually try and use the knowledge we get at college. My goal is to build firstly a simple three axis router and then evolve it into more sophisticated machine and thus giving me a better insight on mechatronics, cad/cam technologies etc..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:28:16 PM by KuC »
« Reply #1513 on: July 31, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
Im new to Plasma Mach......I cant seem to get past the issue of my mouse locking during a cut....can anyone help?
« Reply #1514 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
I just registered and need help.  My name is Todd and I am a new owner of a new CNC Router with Mach 3 Software.  Biggest Question-I currently purchase routed pieces from a company.  He has the designs-which I own and he is willing to share(he is actually going to help train me) on his files.  Is it an easy process to import these into Mach 3 and will the GCodes import with them?  Will the tool paths also then be set up?
I have two designs that I need to start making asap.
Where is the best place to go to learn how to import these files into Mach 3?
Thanks for help and look forward to learning from others.
Todd
« Reply #1515 on: August 02, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
Todd....maybe you will get a better answer than this, I am rather new also. If you have a design available, either saved to your computer, on a thumb drive or how ever you can get it..........You do not say what program you are using to make your own G codes.......I am using BobCad and I would click on load image and open my own, make any needed changes and make my own g code.

His files are made with an art program like BobCad/BobArt and you can try to open them with Mach but I suspect you will need the art program to open it.

Check with the guy that made it to see what art program he writes the g code with. It will be easier on both of you if you are operating the same software.

Good luck.
Bob
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!
« Reply #1516 on: August 02, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Greetings to our Forum Family. Official senior senile citizen from Pa.  A  newby in all respects. No brag, just fact. First adventure in CNC. This old dog is Hoping I have enough time & energy left, to be able to learn a few new tricks. Thanks to all for making this Forum possible. PS     
« Reply #1517 on: August 02, 2012, 05:23:56 PM »
Bob, Thanks for helping.  My designs are currently on a software called Enroute 4.  He has the files loaded there.  Is that software compatible with Mach 3?

Do I need a design software to go along with Mach 3?  My designs have curves and scallops and I know I can't write Gcodes for that stuff.

Thanks for any help or direction.

Todd
« Reply #1518 on: August 02, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
Keep in mind that I am also new at this........But Mach 3 uses a G code set by other programs, possibly such as Enroute 4.  Again I am using BobCad/BobArt.  This being very new to me they have a lot of support and can assist in your learning curve.  I am sure there are many other programs that Mach will support.

Check with the person you are getting the programs from to see if he is using Mach or knows if it will or not.

Also I have received a lot of support here on the Mach site. I am surprised that mine was the only reply....More will come.

If you are interested in BobCad/BobArt a little advise when talking to them..........When they quote you a price don't nod your head too quick.  They will come back with some great offers below retail.  Don't tell that I said so.

I, being new, am amazed with myself in what I have learned in a rather short time, I do not have any background in art or CNC work.  I also started with a router and I am going to fire up a plasma cutter tomorrow. The Mach was the easy part, the art/design was so new and seemed complicated.  My first project was a table that I routed a bear into.  The stock art I had was a Grizzly Bear and I am from Black Bear country.  I was able to make several changes to the art to change the body lines and trust me I am NO artist.

If you are going to create something original an art program is a must have.   What are you planning on making?
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!
« Reply #1519 on: August 05, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »
Hi,

My name is Mazzy.  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.  El Sobrante to be exact.  I got interested in woodworking about 8 months ago.  I made some very nice projects from Plans Now.  The whole thing evolved from there.

I bought a DIY CNC Router kit from cncrouterparts.com  It is a 48" by 96" with Nema 34 electronics.  The kit is put together and all axis jogs and I can run simple programs such as Road Runner.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to set up Mach3 so it recognizes where the exact boundaries for the material is on the work table so I can run a simple logo I made in Aspire.

Any help sure would be appreciated.

Mazzy