Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:28:34 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511626 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1050 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
hi  Just signed on to the forum. I am in Cape Town South Africa and have just finished doing a 2 axis conversion to a Myford ML 7 lathe. I am a retired 78 year old doing model engineering and old sports car restoration. Even with the wizards it's been hard going but slowly getting somewhere. Cheers
Geoff Cape Town
« Reply #1051 on: February 23, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
   Hi Geoff
I am also new to CNC aprx. 12 months and seventy years young just a word of warning CNC  will become addictive

Dick   ;D
« Reply #1052 on: February 23, 2011, 11:37:37 PM »
Hello from  TEXAS  >:D

I am new to all of cnc stuff . I have a cnc machine  is a 16'' x 32''(is my baby ) .  I'm Glad to be on this greate forum, and thanks to all who have great wisdom and insights to share.  agguilar.
« Reply #1053 on: February 26, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
Howdy
I just purchased a blueChick CNC Kit 4.0 - Complete Kit at buildyourcnc. The kit should arrive within 2 weeks and I am trying to figure out the software to run the cad cam. I use Cabinet Vision Solid 6.0 and Alpha Cam at our cabinet shop for design. I assume the Mach 3 will interface with this software. Your comments and direction are apprecitated.

Will
« Reply #1054 on: February 27, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »
Hi,
I have had a 16" by 24" CNC Mill since 2006 with a proprietary German serial interface and CAM interface.  I made due, but there seemed to always be a new hurdle.  I use BobCAD V21 to design and create the g-code.

This past weekend I removed the serial interface and replaced it with a CNC4PC controller.  Not as easy a job as I thought because the driver/power supply board had no documentation, but on Monday I am going to make smoke or make chips.  No going back now.

Steve.
« Reply #1055 on: February 27, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »
 :-\Hi Steve welcome aboard, chips are by far the easier to clean up, than putting smoke back into the controller best of luck
Dick

Offline diygranite

•  13 13
  • oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 05, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
My name is Morris. Been monitoring for a while but just now registered. I run a Granite importing/distribution business but my hobby is being an inventor. I have a big 3 axis 7,000 lb circa 1985 bed mill (wish I knew the manufacturer) with a Dynapath 10 (the one you cant drip feed long programs to), 10hp 3000rpm spindle, brushed servo dynamic servos with servo dynamic drives and a 12 tool umbrella/arm atc (not working because missing some kind of sensor to detect tool position). I just purchased a galil 1740 for the retrofit project. I assume i need a galil 1900 and cable next...I also have a 5000 lb Tree lathe but don't think Ill be retrofitting it. Look forward to a lot of advice. I'm mechanically coordinated but the atc looks like it may be difficult to implement since I'm not much of a programmer.
« Reply #1057 on: March 05, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
 ;D Hi Morris I'm a newbie like yourself I had been sitting in the background for some time. welcome aboard. 

Dick
« Reply #1058 on: March 06, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
hi my name is Jord Knaap from the Netherlands I am just working on rebinding a cnc machine, so it's to see what is going on. reading a lot of new things on this forum.
I hope to speak to you all soon.
Keep up the good work.

Gr. Jord Knaap
« Reply #1059 on: March 06, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
 ;D Hi Jord welcome aboard

Dick