Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:43:40 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511398 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1570 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
hello,
mike here.
old cnc guy (like... forever. punch tape anyone?)

Offline Coils

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 28, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
Just want to say hello for now, and get my first post in.

New to the machining world and trying my luck at CNC too.
Bought a used Central Machining round column drill/mill a couple years ago really cheap and was playing with it for a little to get use to it. Well the lead screws were worn fairly well when I bought, adjusted as much of the play out of it as I could but couldn't get the Y & Z any better then .030-.040" of free play, so instead of just doing a basic rebuild I decided to try the CNC route.

I'll be asking plenty of questions soon and will give more details about my setup
« Reply #1572 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:26 AM »
Hi all, my name is Johan Last and I live in South Africa, I am in the process of building a small milling machine.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1574 on: October 04, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
I am brand new to the Artsoft Mach 3 forum and brand new to the CNC....Just received S1000 from Germany last and am anxious to get started
My name is tony parker living in working in the Joplin Mo area....
I would like to introduce myself with a first question..
Install XML into Mach 3 loader....looks as though all the setting entered into the Mill program
however, when I try and reset....I get message "initialization macro called on reset"
does anyone know what I have done.....
and again thanks...look forward to the time when I can answer someone questions

Offline belin

•  37 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: October 05, 2012, 09:05:50 AM »
hi guys

my name is BELIN...and yes...im a girl ...so i hope thats cool

im a engraver...i engrave flat surface materials at present using the old gravograph machines but have since purchased just recently a chinese cnc 3040

im going to need all the help you guys can give please

im just starting to play with the mach 3 software and i just cant seem to get my head around it..

ive posted a S.O.S. HELP post in this forum and hopefully a few of you guys who can remember your first time turning on mach 3 and a cnc machine can help me out by answering what will appear to be dumb questions to most here

thanks in advance and i hope i can learn from you guys

regards BELIN
« Reply #1576 on: October 05, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
Hey all, Pete from Kent in the UK. Building my first CNC mill and controlling it with Mach3. I'm a CNC novice so I'll ask about what I can't find by searching.

Offline Bse

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Mach3 /win 7 freezing up when start spindle
« Reply #1577 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I have recently converted a chinese cnc router with a dsp over to Mach3. I am having issues with the SS, every time i start the spindle motor a fault screen appears? any ideas?

I only use the machine for engraving- nothing is easy.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 06, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum guys.

Hi Belin, there are more girls here than you may think  ;)

Hi Pete, nice to have another member from the UK (I am just the other side of the Thames at Southend-on-Sea).

Hi Bse, If you post your question as a new topic in the general section it will get more exposure and someone will know the answer.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1579 on: October 07, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Dale, I am a NEWBIE, and in need of some SERIOUS help.

All I wanted to do was to make miniature guitars. My intentions were a nice relaxing hobby to keep me calm after my heart attack and open heart surgery. Turns out, Relaxing hobby is out of the question. (But I still go on).

When I purchased my kit from mydiycnc.com, I did not realize the difficulties I was getting myself into.
The LACK OF "one-on-one" human customer support for CNC in general is leaving me disappointed.

I do not know about forums, and what I have seen so far, the support for INDIVIDUALIZED help is difficult as well.
I hope all that changes since I purchased Mach3 control Software and Vectric 2D software.
I've had so many misfortunes along the way, I chose to purchase the Best, even being on a low fixed "Social-Insecurity" income.

If there is individualized help, I sure would appreciate it. After my 2 recent purchases, I am still having problems with getting a miniature guitar (about 6 inches) cut out.
Thanks.....Dale.