Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:09:17 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511414 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »
Have an Emco CNC5 converted to Xylotex and pac sci steppers, using a dc treadmill motor
for spindle as the original was missing.  (KBIC or similar DC speed control).
Manual turret switch, not cnc at this point.
Also have a Prolight mill plus Sherline rotary table 4th axis, all also using xylotex.
HOWEVER, shortly plan to retro both to gecko 250s and 50vdc for added speed.

What do I make?  Hmmmm....
Mainly repair and restoration of antique clocks is what occupies my spare time,
retired EE turned golfer (duffer). 
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
Hi. My name is Randy, and I too would like to stay out of the trash heap. Since I am here, I have a question or two. I have built a small mini 4 axis mill, that I am trying to program, but with no programing training. I have muddled around a little and can make some movements and actually have built a couple of small items. Here is my problem areas:
1. I do not know how to program a circle movement. I have managed to program that movement in 4 seperate steps using x and y positions, and the radius R. Can someone tell me how to make a complete circle?

2. I would like to know also, how do you make repeated movements in x and y but changing the z axis incrememtally. For instance, using a radius of 1 inch, how would you program a mill cut that would cut out .05" on each pass and continue for say 10 passes. These should be typical mill operations.

If some one could write a simple program with explainations I would appreciate it. I do not need any commands for turning on and of spindles or pumps. My machine is fairly simple. I just want to know how to make the thing go round in circles and make the z axis change after each complete revolution.

Thanks
Randy
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »
Hello All,

I'm John from a small town in The Netherlands called Zuidland.

I own and run a (ships)model and maquettes building company wich is also my hobby (or is it the orther way around.........)

I do have a small cnc-lathe (EMCO) wich I want to run with MACH so I am in the process of getting all items together and assemble all to get a working machine.

Also, in 2 weeks from now, I will be the owner of a HEIZ S-1000 milling machine with dimensions 1000 x 600 x 110 mm  (approx. 39 x 23 x 4.5 inches), when I collect this machine the manufacturer will install all the software on a pc I bring with me and will make sure all is working correctly when I return home so the next day I can start 'producing'

I plan to use MACH 3 also on a home-made milling macihine (now in process of engineering) with dimensions 3000 x 2000 x 500 mm ( 1"= 25.4 mm )

Besides the WIN-PCNC from the manufacturer and a program called FILOU, wich is to be used in between AutoCad (DXF) and Win-PCNC, I would like to use V-Carve pro, and Artcam Insignia kind of software to create signs etc.  wich are not used overhere as in the UK and USA, but I hope that will change !!

Hope to post here as soon as I have my machine "up and running'

Best to all of you fellow cnc-ers

John van Gent

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
Spring
 use the wizards, they will write the code for you to do exactly what you are wanting.
Hood
« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been using Mach2 for sometime on a co-ordinate table I converted to cnc operation. I am using a Simplycnc 2500 control. My problem is that now I have up-graded to Mach3 all the directions have reversed. I have next to no electronic knowledge and am stuck on what to do. I would appreciate any help regards Mobob

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »
Mobob, in the config tab, top left, homeing and limits. the axis can be reversed their. Can also be reversed in out puts, motor outputs. Can change state of sirection oins from active high to low or vise versa.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
Hi, My name is Alan, retired from Sydney Australia. I have just done a CNC conversion of a Sieg Super X3 mill. I found the quality of the mill a bit wanting, the Sieg conversion parts did not fit properly as various bolt centres were different. I fitted optical limit switches on Z axis and magnetic reed switches on X and Y axes.  I fitted coolant control with AC solid state switch, a hand held controller was made from a USB Logitech keyboard PCB, tracing out key positions on PCB and wiring them to the pushbuttons. Am runnuing Mach3 software, my hobby is microwave ham radio and want make various mechanical parts. Alan
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
Email says introduce myself  ;D  I'm a full time saltwater wood lure maker on the east coast with no machine shop experience ever and I've jumped into cnc stuff with both feet a few years ago. I'm not on here alot just once in a while to checkout what's going on.
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2008, 06:19:05 PM »
 :D hey I am trying to keep my membership. Mach3 and x2 mini mill. Too busy using the mill to post questions. Generally most question have been asked so it is easy to find answers.

GB
« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »
My name is Randy and I am new to CNC's.  I was very lucky in getting my CNC.  I came across a local add on Kajiji for a CNC a small company in my home town need to get rid of.  There was no price listed and not really a full description so I decided to check it out.   On arrival, it was bigger than I thought.  8 feet by 7 feet weighing 4500 lbs.  It was not a full CNC to begin with but a 2 axis machine that was used to move poster sheet for ULtraviolet protecting in a print shop.  I knew it had potential.  They had paid $89,000 7 years earlier and needed it moved in 1 week for a new machine coming in.  They wanted $500.  The cost they would recover for the scrap metel if they didn't sell it.  Can you believe that.  The motors on it are worth $1000 each. and the 1.25" ball screws  are worth alot too.  I had to arrange for shiipping.  I waited half a week and the guy said $250 and it was mine.  I bought it and paid $300 to move it to my place.  I was able to strip 2200 lbs off of it and am picking up the 3rd Z-axis I designed from a metal milling shop tomorrow.  I have used Mach3 on the 2 axis' and it works great.  I have 5 controllers also with it.  I will post some more pictures when it is fully operational.