Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:14:04 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511385 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2480 on: September 18, 2017, 02:45:26 PM »
Finally getting started with my Chinese 6040.  Getting a handle on motor configuration, scale is pretty close.  One question (among many) is: "Is there a way to enlarge the display that shows what is going on?"  On my monitor, it is about 2 inches square.  I have a large monitor with lots of unused space to the right of the MACH 3 display.
Thanks in advance.
Fred
« Reply #2481 on: September 22, 2017, 10:06:51 PM »
Hello everyone.
First off I'm a newbie to cnc work and I have purchased a china cnc router on amazon. I configured all the ports and pins and calibrated the motors. Now I've ran into a issue beyond the realm of my understanding with the touch probe. First what I'm trying to accomplish is engraving an image or text on a curved piece of wood. I've ran a g code through Gcode Ripper and am trying to run a probe and cut through Mach 3. My board is a JP-382C and the probe is in pin 13. My Z axis is through pin 13 also. I have seen videos of people using aluminum foil over the work piece and running the program to probe the contour. I've gone through every step till the probing starts. The digitize icon is lit when the bit touches the aluminum but so are the m3++ and m3-- icons which are for limit. Please can anyone help me out on this I'm at my wits end.
« Reply #2482 on: September 24, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
My name is Ben. I reside in the Socal area. I took shop class in high school 20 years ago. There I discovered that I can make my own custom "legos", rather than by them. I have been a hobby machinist ever since. Why go to the local hardware store when you can make it.

My first CNC rebuild was one of those cnc routers on ebay from china. I basically rebuilt the entire machine frame to something that is much more ridged. Added some more linear rails to keep the gantry from wobbling as much. Overall it turned out well. I use it for small routing jobs and drilling pc boards. I kept all the Chinese electronics.  So far so good.

Next project was a complete rebuild of an Emco 6pcnc lathe.  When I say complete rebuild, I mean complete tear down, clean, repair, and assemble. While I am still using the original controller, I am keeping the thought of an eventual mach 3 conversion.  But for now, it does what I need and does it well.

My most recent project was upgrading a CNC Masters CNC Jr mill with new electronics because the stuff from cnc masters is absolute junk. Still having some subtle growing pains, but overall very happy with the mach 3 conversion and the machine its self. Very accurate for what the machine physically is. If I had to do it again, I probably would not buy a mill/drill with a round columb.

I posted my first post of my "growing pains" with mach 3 in another post.

I typically am just a browser when it comes to forums, but when all of the posted online resources dont quite cover my exact questions, its time to get involved.

My hobbies are mainly in model railroading. Currently building three ride on live steam locomotives in 1.6 scale. I also work for one of the major US railroads as a locomotive engineer.
« Reply #2483 on: September 24, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »
Hi,

My name is Javier and I live in Barcelona. I am very new to cnc, so new that I still couldn't start using my machine. I bought a 900 mm by 1400 mm 3 axis router just for drilling small countersunk orifices in aluminum posts but it is taking me forever to get it up and running.

The last hurdle I stumbled upon is that I cannot "HOME" to the limit switches. It just doesn't stop by then.

I can see in the diagnostics screen that the limits "lite up" when the axis arrives to them but it just ignores them and bumps at the end of the run.

The very odd thing is that if I "emulate" the switches, it homes perfectly at the points at which I press the designated emulating key.

Any leads?

Thanks in advance, I have been stuck here for over a week now.

Javier
« Reply #2484 on: September 25, 2017, 02:19:21 AM »
Morning from Scotland

Just started looking into the world of CNC and decided no better place to start.

Kind regards,

Gerry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 25, 2017, 02:23:29 AM »
Good morning Gerry, there certainly is no better place to start  ;)

Welcome.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2486 on: September 25, 2017, 02:31:47 AM »
Thanks Tweakie
« Reply #2487 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
Hi everyone,
My name is Michael and i am a CNCHolic...

I am not a new user of mach and have roughly 12-13 years using mach3 however i am new to some of the more advanced features of the software, scripts macros etc.
I have several big ATC machines that i would like to retrofit over to mach3 so that i can get away from some of the proprietary controller systems out there.  
I hope to learn everything i can about editing scrips and macros here so that i can utilize mach software to it fullest potential.

Thanks
Michael

« Reply #2488 on: September 26, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »
Hi everyone, my name is Jim and I have just gotten into the realm of cnc. I am retired and am an avid woodturner looking to use cnc for designs similar to ornamental turning. As I am still trying to set up my machine I am having trouble installing the usb driver for the china zone 6040. If there is anyone out there who has been able to solve this I would appreciate help. Especially if they lived on the central Oregon coast. I can be contacted @ jgwoodsong@gmail.com. Thanks in advance
« Reply #2489 on: October 02, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
Hi,

My name is Darren (Yonka is a Star Wars reference) and live in Queensland Australia. Our Men's Shed (a non-profit organisation set up in Australia to help men connect with each other) recently had a JCut 6090A delivered and I have taken it upon myself to learn how to use it. I have a background as a software engineer and very little in actually making things. I am here to find out all the great tips that people have to make my use of the machine an enjoyable one. At the moment, I have a handle on the design side but the whole Mach 3, Makers Guide Triple Edge Finder and setting up clamping systems to be a major frustration.

I am sure the problems I am having will be found by reading the posts here.

Looking forward to becoming proficient and making lots of things for the Men's Shed.