Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:32:18 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511314 times)

problems setting up Mach3 on a bridgeport series milling machine with long motor
« Reply #2640 on: November 11, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
I am having trouble setting up long motors on a series 1 bridgeport milling machine. Any help that I can get would be helpful. I need help ???

Offline Alf

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2641 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »
I just registered and was wondering if the "Search" tool is working? I put several terms in and I get an error message.I bought a Novakon NM 200 for a couple thousand bucks and just got it powered up.Will be needing instruction on how to run the machine, though I have the manual.I ran Haas machines years ago and have a CAD background. I spent the last 25 years in management, do any useful skills have lapsed!@
« Reply #2642 on: November 11, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »
Hi,
no, unfortunately the website is under repair/re-design and the search and redirect functions are not working at the moment.
I didn't realize how often I use re-directs until I don't have them.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2643 on: November 12, 2018, 04:00:20 PM »
Hi All, I years ago (10?) I purhcased a used router table from an guitar maker in Monterey CA.   It came with Mach 3   rev 2.0.026 verson and was running on a Windows 2000 professional box.   Ive been using it to cut skateboard molds and skateboard shapes for our company .

Love it, use featurecam with a Mach 3 plugin, and it's worked well for the most part.  Little buggy, but I don't necessarily blame it on the Mach 3.

I have a problem and I want to know where to post my question.

Thanks
« Reply #2644 on: November 14, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
I was able to finally get my motors tuned. So I don't guess I need any more help. Thanks
« Reply #2645 on: November 18, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
hiya folks...Chris here and i just got through building myself a Gatton CNC Router (got a few things left to finish).
Ive been a carpenter and builder for almost 40 ys, I build big fancy homes for big fancy people here in the Nashville TN area (thank god for rich folks...lol)
Now to tackle this amazing software called Mach 3... Im sure Ill be asking a few questions as Im tugging on what remains of my hair. Thank you in advance for the help im sure you will supply me with as I learn. 
I am really looking forward to seeing what i can accomplish with this setup.

Offline Vet Nick

•  1 1
  • marbles not so good now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: November 19, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
Hi All I'm Vet Nick I am not an engineer or anything like that but I've always been good with my hands. Back in Feb 2011, I was struck down with a heart attack at the age of 58 so a triple bypass and another 10 heart attacks later here I am still tinkering in my garden shed. Now for 7 years, I have had a bad brain fog caused by my medications. but in that time I have bought the raw materials and made my own CNC machine which measures 2000mm x 1000mm. all the time it was difficult because I was not able to use my memory which was none existent still I persevered and 18 months later I produced a new working machine. Mach3 I was told to use and I like it. I wish the same could be said for Auto Desk Fusion 360. due to my lack of brain power, I am still trying to learn it today but hey I'm getting there. Autodesk 360 is a very good program and I've enjoyed the challenge.

Now a little problem that I have is that I can't seem to enlarge the Mach3 display to fit the screen. If someone could help with this in a simple way it would be much appreciated.

Again help would be appreciated with a nil-low cost program that will allow me to crave photos to wood.  I thank you for your time reading this and look forward to any help that is received.
🤔🤔🤔😒🤷‍♂️
« Reply #2647 on: November 19, 2018, 03:49:46 PM »
Just registered...Purchased Mach3 in 2012 to run a MAX15 CNC with Xylotec on a WindowsXp platform.  Worked well for all of those years. Computer motherboard failed. Installed new motherboard and upgraded harddrive.  Everything ran well again.  Purchased a G0704 mill, converted to ball screws and stepper motor driven axis's.  In setting up a new profile, matched the motor pin-outs to the same config for the MAX 15.  However, when trying to  document the motor tuning parameters for the MAX15 no screens  would popup when clicked-on.  All of the functions such as keyboard jog and running a program would function properly.   I then connected the new Grizzley setup to the parallel port and it also ran but the motors needed to be tuned....but not able to get that screen 'motor tuning' to pop up.  So ,,, if it ain't broke don't fix-it ....right well I fixed it I installed the current Mach3 and couldn't get passed the parallel port install.... then I Canceled out of the install but tried to run Mach3 to see if it would still run. Guess what it loaded but I can't jog the motors .....but the motor tuning screen pops up  and you can make adjustments and save each axis but motors will not run....Any advise for this Genius ????  and Glad to meet You!!!
« Reply #2648 on: November 23, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »
Hi my name is Steve and from RI.  Very new to all this.  I have a Chinese 3040 4 axis  and eager to learn how to get into this fascinating world of CNC
« Reply #2649 on: November 24, 2018, 04:07:46 PM »
is the search broken? 
Every Time I search Iget:
2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700