Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:43:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511468 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2000 on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »
Hi!

I recently purchased a South Bend Magna Turn lathe that came with Mach 3 controls.  I'm getting to up to speed with it and have some questions, and I'm sure I'll find the answers here.  Thanks!
« Reply #2001 on: December 03, 2014, 01:09:19 AM »
Hello Forum-
60 yo male. I've been a machinist most of my life.  Good with tools and mechanics.  OK with wiring.  I own several manual machines and a CNC Masters mill.
I've owned the CNC mill since 2011 and am very competent with programming and it's operation.
I am interested in replacing the CNC Master proprietary operating system in favor of Mach 3.

Here is my first problem:  I understand the stepper motor gets pulses and moves the axis.  Say, for example, you have a line of CNC code like G01 X1.0 F10.0  the motor will move the X axis one inch.  But there are a lot of Black Boxes between the line of code and the stepper motor.  Can someone provide a basic diagram of the "Black Boxes" please?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 03, 2014, 02:08:26 AM »
Hi SW,

Welcome to the forum.

The Mach3 manual is probably a good place to start http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/
There is also some more detailed information on the Gecko site here http://www.geckodrive.com/support.html

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2003 on: December 04, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
Hi my name is lavalais i'm new to cnc my background was in photography,I need help with getting my machine to do what i want it to do, i spend a lot of time with setting everything up, then the machine goes and does something else, I cant set the limits. Ive followed all the videos but when it comes to homing the machine it just does not work, so i've spent a lot of time trying to get things to go right , i really need help, can't understand how to post on the sit either.
« Reply #2004 on: December 04, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
Hello I am new to cnc having just bought a Seig X3 and a pair of Denford Lathes all running Mach3.  My main interest is building live steam locos.
« Reply #2005 on: December 06, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
Hi,
I'm Pete D'Arcy in Hampshire England.
So, new to CNC I haven't got the machine going as yet.
Mach 3 doesn't appear to run a test code.
I will look around on this site for help
I am planning to CNC models and wooden clock parts

Interests are many through the years(not so young now)

Windsurfing, RC Helicopters, Kayaking.Glass fusing, model making, and lots more, never to a high standard. Just like to try lots of things.

Regards

Peter
introduction
« Reply #2006 on: December 06, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
My name is Dave Morton , I just received my 1st cnc machine with Mach3 software , the machine is the Tormach 1100 i am sure i will have questions as i move further into using the software but right now it seems pretty straight forward . I am a Tool and Diemaker and have used other software packages when i worked for  my previous employer . I am looking forward to contributing here and meeting other users of the software .

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 06, 2014, 08:02:19 AM »
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, if you post any questions you may have in the relevant sections I am sure they will be swiftly answered. In addition don't forget to post pictures of your projects or things you make - we all love to see pictures.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2008 on: December 08, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
I don't see any of the other post I made nor did I get any resolution to my problem,  I have went through videos, manual and any of the advice I could find on the subject on you forum, I new to cnc, and have been able to do something with my machine, but knowing that its not correct bothers me, I want the machine to work the way its suppose to.   My biggest problem has been setting the home limits on my machine, when i go to the diagnostic page and press the home switches nothing happens, and there are no instructions as to how to make them turn on.  So today I'm at wits end and will probably do a reinstallation of Mach3 to see if the home lights come on at all.  I've gone over everything else at least twice. could use a little knowledge from someone.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 09, 2014, 01:55:55 AM »
Hi Lavalais,

Your other posts are here;
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24305.30.html

Reply in that thread attaching your .xml file as Hood requested and I am sure he will find your problem.

Also check out the Mach3 manual (section 4) for more info on switch wiring and active High / Low input states etc.
http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Tweakie.
PEACE