Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:21:22 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511311 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2040 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:13 AM »
my name is andy i am new to this cnc thing i have few problem setting up my mach 3 software I do not know how to center the cutting piece which seem to be off the table display.thks
« Reply #2041 on: February 18, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »
Hi!

First of all...thanks for all the help I already got from this forum!!
I´m kind of new at this CNC stuff. I work as a designer in the automotive industry and I use it and see it everyday...but there are other people doing the fun CNC job.
I know what magic you can do with CNC and now I want to do it by myself in my basement! =)

//Martin

Offline Lubby

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 20, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
Hi my name is Robert. 

I'm an artist working out of Toronto, Canada.  No specific training in this area but my artistic interests have lead me here.  I build a machine about two years back.  I've used it for milling as well but the reason for building it was to incorporate it within an artwork.  This forum has been a big help in that process.

Here's a link to the final project: http://roberthengeveld.com/projects/unbridled-rien/

I'm in the process or reworking the same machine with a WIFI camera which moves through a model set.  ( which has brought me back here looking to figure out a fifth axis for pivoting the camera.)

Thanks for all the help in making these things a reality.
« Reply #2043 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:09 AM »
Hello, name is Don, from St. Peters, Mo Area. Disabled Vet. (Scout) Designed and built my own CNC 38"x38". New to CNC, I work as a tech for a Hospitality company. Son the computer part i have down.

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 27, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
I'm Dan from Vancouver, WA. I just picked up a Shizouka AN-S and a friend of mine and I are in the process of retrofitting it with MACH3 and a DSMP motion controller.

I'm still gathering info on what to do before I start purchasing parts.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

« Reply #2045 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:46 PM »
Hi i´m Jan from Slovenia.

For past 6 months i´ve been programing HAAS VF-2 SS milling machine swiss type lathe and few MIYANO lathes.
I´m studying mechatronics and my hobby is flying rc models.
i would like to build cnc lathe for my own needs.

Best regards

Jan
« Reply #2046 on: March 06, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »
Hello all,

I am newbie when it comes to CNC but have been learning quickly over the past two years. I have a 2014 model Shopmaster Patriot VFD setup with four Axis (stepper controlled rotary table), and a Weihong NK105 controlld 4'x8" router table that I want to convert to mach3.

I am armature inventor/designer and use my mill/lathe combo along with a 3D printer to build prototypes. I use CATIA, AutoCAD, Inventor, and Corel CAD for modeling, and I use DeskProto for 3 and 4 Axis tool path generation and Mach3 version R3.043.022 for machine control. I have just ordered an Ethernet smoothstepper as well to implemented in the coming weeks. I love to learn and am always open to recommendations.

I look forward to chatting with you all,

Ed
« Reply #2047 on: March 06, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
My name's Gary, and I'm a california licensed architect. Built a John Kleinbauer cnc router/dremel cutter. Working area is about the size of a two layer pan cake, 12x15x4 inches.

Getting back into the hobby after a dozen years. Experimenting on my own time, trying to cut topographic architectural models for study purposes. Would like to eventually do 3d construction using a grout gun of some kind to make honey bee boxes, small sheds, who knows. Probably using cellulose fiber, lime, sand, clay, portland cement, industrial waste... (fly ash). I know the Chinese are already doing full size buildings.

What I'd really like to do is to do cnc from a laptop. Using a cradle that has a parallel port. I know Mach isn't recommended for use on laptops though.

Curious what the timing or power issues are with laptops, and if it is something that is really crazy or not.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:38:17 PM by WonderWheeler »
« Reply #2048 on: March 09, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »
Hello,

Corey here. New to CNC the world. Recent graduate with a bachelors in mechanical engineering. I foresee needing some help troubleshooting with my new Romaxx cnc mini mill. Fun stuff!
I like to design, build and make things. Typically woodworking. But my brother and I built a small forge for melting aluminum last summer. Always fun to branch out!

Corey

« Reply #2049 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »
I am new to the board, and have a question regarding the use of Mach3 as a DRO.

I have long range plans to add control to my Harrison L5A, but for the present I would like to add DRO readout to the X and Z axis, and eventually to the tailstock and the compound. Is there a problem that I am not seeing using glass scales just as a readout without utilizing the many other functions of Mach3?

Thanks for helping

paul