Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:54:43 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511476 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1190 on: June 20, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
Hi,  I'm new to mach3.  Just bought a supermax with mach3 control and bobcad/cam v20.  Unit has linear scales and servo motors.  The manual is very intimidating.  I have years of exp as machinist, but having problems setting up unit.  Is there some way to use in DRO mode as a manual mill until I sort out the cnc side of things?  The manual doesn't seem to address doing this.  I can read out position, but can't zero an individual axis.
Thanks
Nelsonk11

Offline mikee

•  100 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:58 AM »
hey everyone
got my 2x8 cnc router  to move today X Y and Z drove it around the table next is home
 nelson do you have  mach 3 add on download  it helped me  but i havent cut anything out on a cnc YET  
 talk to tweakie he has been helpful to me  
 good luck

mikee

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 21, 2011, 02:37:36 AM »
Nelsonk11,

If you post your question as a New Topic in the General Section more people will see it and it will get better response.
This thread is really just for introductions.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #1193 on: June 22, 2011, 06:19:05 AM »
Hello everyone.
My name is Colin and I run a small (just me really) engineering design and manufacture business in Wales. (Part of the UK)
I have a workshop with a Syil/Seig mill and lathe running Mach3.
I also have a Bridgeport Interact 1 with Heidenhain controller that I want to convert to Mach3.

Thats all for now!
« Reply #1194 on: June 22, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
Hi all,
  I'm Shawn and I have a background in Calibration as well as a bit of home brew experiences that give me broad base in 'mild' fabrication.  I'm a classic Ford guy and have just recently broken into the realm of CNC with my Taig Micro Mill.   This month I've updated my controller and got with the Mach3 program. 

I've had some great results with Vcarve doing just what I need it to do.  Mach3 really woke up my Taig.   ;D
« Reply #1195 on: June 22, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
Hi,

My name is Scott. I have been a teacher for the last 34 years in a small town in Minnesota. The areas that I teach are in CAD drafting, Electronics and Metals. The kids are great and I truly love teaching, Lord knows there are challenges everyday but if you take it one day at a time and look for the progress that kids make, its worth every minute of time spent. I have 2 Dyna mills (2200 and 2400) that are very limited in function because they will not function with a Pentium computer. 486 machines are all that will drive the programs without giving me an error. I am hoping that I can get one of you who have retrofitted these machines with new controllers and steppers to help me find the right parts for mine so that it will run Mach software. Any help that you can give will be truly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!!
Scott
« Reply #1196 on: June 22, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Colin,Shawn and Scott
Thank you for introducing yourself's,Scott if you post your questions to the general forum I'm sure that you will get all the answers to your questions,as this is only an introduction site.

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1197 on: June 23, 2011, 11:16:53 AM »
Greetings!

New to this forum.. Been hanging out at the Zone for a while though under the same username...

My name is Mark, and I got my CNC table up and running about a month ago.. it is a DIY cnc routerparts based 4' x 8' NEMA 34 table... I'm getting 'very' close to actually producing something on it (Yay!).. Maybe cutting some cabinet parts this weekend for a client...

I have a lot of questions about Mach 3, so it was time to register here and participate...
« Reply #1198 on: June 24, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Mark at this point in your hobby I imagine that you feel like the Toyota TV add here in Australia which goes along the lines of "OH WHAT A FEELING". Congratulations on you effort's

Dick ;)

Offline mgr

•  5 5
    • View Profile
    • MGR Design
« Reply #1199 on: June 24, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm an Industrial Engineer in the medical industry who used to run a CNC routing business about 10 years ago.  Still love the technology and am converting a small manual mill to CNC.  My hobby is designing and building my own guitar (focus on the trem unit) but to get some nice curvy parts, I needed a CNC machine.  Local shops are really expensive for parts, so I guess I'll extend my hobby for a few years by building a CNC myself.  I'm just in the process of hooking up motors and testing Mach3.  I think that pin assignments aren't quite right...time to take out the multimeter ;).