Hello Guest it is September 30, 2020, 07:10:55 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3767887 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2600 on: June 03, 2018, 06:39:58 PM »
Hello,

Just another noob.
My China special CNC arrived Friday. Got it assembled. Software installed, a bit of frustration when nothing moved. Got the USB driver into the right folder. It moves.

I've gone through a setup procedure I found on a Chinese CNC seller site. Not feeling real sure it's right yet.

Got it to dry run through a gcode file that came with mach3.

Is there a good setup tutorial that I can use?
« Reply #2601 on: June 06, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »
Hi my name is Ted Kelley and I am a newbie.

I got ahold of a pirated copy of Mach 3, and had a very hard time getting rid of it.  I would uninstall it and load a "good" copy off Artsoft's website and the leftovers from the pirated program would corrupt the new copy.
My son came over last night and worked his magic and cleaned a the bad leftovers off you machine.  I downloaded Mach 3 again from Artsoft and it came in clean.  I have bought the license and now it is licensed to me.
I and using a UC100 CNC Motion Controller.  When I installed the Mach 3 program I deselected the Parallel port driver. I had red somewhere that is did not need it when using the UC100 CNC Motion Controller.
Did I mess up?  I do not get a blue light on the UC100 and now the motors do not move.  All of that was working with the pirated program.
When I look at the USB ports in device manager is says that the device is work correctly.   Help
« Reply #2602 on: June 17, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Faisal and I have been in this business for more than a year. Trying to survive with three kids by running this business smoothly. Working on the Router cutting Letters, Designs and different unique pieces on Mach3> Worked on Vcarve Pro 4.6. Never had been a big problem before till 3 days ago with Emergency Estop akeep active. I Bought this CNC Router along with other sign related equipment as a whole business. Working professionally. I also work on Laser that I have not started yet.
This is not hobby but I have to make money somehow so working strongly by focusing on these things.
With the problem currently I have, if some can help me, I really appreciate it as it is kind of urgent that I have to finished the job soon. Below are my contacts for your reference.
PROBLEM: The problem start with software issue that with Window XP the program was not starting on last Thursday (when I come in the morning) keep displaying "start window normally". So, I took the machine to my in laws who is good in computers. He first backed up all the files and then try to repair it... He also did a little setting in the BIOS. Eventually the files got save and Window recovered and I be able to run the Mach3 program. I forgot my USB that goes in the back of the box, on his table and brought the box back to my shop. The next day I tried to turn on the program and since then the program said Emergency External Estop Requested. I tried everything possible by Clearing it, checking realy, open the external Red emergency button box and tried to fix it.. but when I click clear and try to RESET it .. it is still there and the job and machine is not moving. Another thing I saw under the Diagnostic screen that M3 ++ light is ON.. I could not understand how that happened and how to fix it. Please Please help. Now today I have the USB back and tomorrow I will try to insert it and see what happened. If it still persist then some thing else...

I request anyone call me regarding this. THanks in advance.

Faisal Khan with Visual Letters
Cell 832-868-5426
Email: Visualletters5@gmail.com
« Reply #2603 on: June 25, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
My name is Steve Graves and just bought a cncrouter pro 4896 with nema pllug and play 23 to use with router, plasma and hopefully laser when i learn the system. i am using mach 3, inkscape and looking for a good program to write gcode. i just got the machine where i can jog, manually put my machine in home where if you are looking at the machine it is at the rear , right corner and z also homed and zeroed all axis. and moved the machin to center of table and hit re all to home and the y went 2 different directions or the slave locked up dont know could use some help. if i need to put this in another post i will just let me know what is the correct way of doing things.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,459 8,459
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2604 on: June 26, 2018, 04:22:16 AM »
My name is Steve Graves and just bought a cncrouter pro 4896 with nema pllug and play 23 to use with router, plasma and hopefully laser when i learn the system. i am using mach 3, inkscape and looking for a good program to write gcode. i just got the machine where i can jog, manually put my machine in home where if you are looking at the machine it is at the rear , right corner and z also homed and zeroed all axis. and moved the machin to center of table and hit re all to home and the y went 2 different directions or the slave locked up dont know could use some help. if i need to put this in another post i will just let me know what is the correct way of doing things.

H Steve,

Welcome.

Unless they fall into a specific category it is best to post any questions as a New Topic in the General Section.

One of the best free software's for Gcode creation is F-Engrave;  http://scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html  and one of the best paid software's is Vectric;  http://www.vectric.com/  but there are lots of others out there to choose from.

Tweakie.
KEEP SAFE !
« Reply #2605 on: June 26, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
Hi,
My name is mostafa and I live in egypt, I have been a running CNC machines for 5 years now,
I own a K2 CNC router Kt-2514 and I have plans on making a large router in the next while and would like to add a 4th axis to my router I am currently using. I have a small business that I am trying to run, maybe one day I can do it full time.

I know many different CNC languages Fanuc, Heidenhein, Fidia, and a few others also many CAM softwares such as Powermill, Work NC, Prospector, Lemoine and Mastercam. When I first came to Alberta I started working for a company that fixed CNC machines but there was too much travel involved so I didn't stay with that company. Now I am in a shop running a DaeWoo Ace H100 boring mill using Mastercam it seems like a good place to work they have very good tooling. 

I enjoy drawing, woodcarving, snowboarding and mountain biking. I love CNC and I have benefited greatly from this site and all the people here.

mostafa
« Reply #2606 on: June 29, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
Hello I have never used mach before but my boss ordered a 4 axis router as a job to install in another company. I am a college student and have been tasked with learning Mach3 and modifying the UI so that the other company cannot mess with the program at all. Mach3 is also linked to a PLC that is in control of all the safety features. I have never used Mach software before this week and my CAM software to generate G-Code is MasterCAM. The use for the router is when you hit a button it will clamp down on a part to a fixture extend the fixture out to a saw blade to cut off the end of the part then retract once a proximity sensor is tripped and once it is fully retracted, cut 25 holes into the part and 2 on the end. The 4th axis is on the spindle and is fundamentally a 5th axis but rotates along the Y axis. There are also safety light curtains and E-Stops around the router because it is not going to be for personal use.
« Reply #2607 on: July 08, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
Hello all I am very new, this is the first time trying to learn this stuff. I have been reading manuals and watching videos trying to get things setup but I am finding it very hard to put all the pieces together. I bought a used CNC Mogul and I am using Mach4 with a UC100 controller. Does anyone know where a good place is to find a guide to help me walk through the process. I have the machine to the point to where I can jog but I have not calibrated, homed or set limits, etc. Any help would be great, like I say I am a total newbie and have learned a lot over the past few weeks but considering most of the information I am finding tells how to do one task or the other. I am not even sure which order I need to go in to setup the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, just in case it helps I am not trying to do anything extreme, I just need to learn to make wooden signs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:21:20 PM by glukkon »
« Reply #2608 on: July 10, 2018, 02:14:16 AM »
Hi to all! I am passionate software engineer. Like Detroit Red Wings too.
Sigma Software provides top-quality software development
« Reply #2609 on: July 13, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
Hi
My name is Conrad and i need help for my z axis
Cheers