Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:02:18 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511551 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2600 on: June 25, 2018, 06:32:44 PM »
My name is Steve Graves and just bought a cncrouter pro 4896 with nema pllug and play 23 to use with router, plasma and hopefully laser when i learn the system. i am using mach 3, inkscape and looking for a good program to write gcode. i just got the machine where i can jog, manually put my machine in home where if you are looking at the machine it is at the rear , right corner and z also homed and zeroed all axis. and moved the machin to center of table and hit re all to home and the y went 2 different directions or the slave locked up dont know could use some help. if i need to put this in another post i will just let me know what is the correct way of doing things.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 26, 2018, 04:22:16 AM »
My name is Steve Graves and just bought a cncrouter pro 4896 with nema pllug and play 23 to use with router, plasma and hopefully laser when i learn the system. i am using mach 3, inkscape and looking for a good program to write gcode. i just got the machine where i can jog, manually put my machine in home where if you are looking at the machine it is at the rear , right corner and z also homed and zeroed all axis. and moved the machin to center of table and hit re all to home and the y went 2 different directions or the slave locked up dont know could use some help. if i need to put this in another post i will just let me know what is the correct way of doing things.

H Steve,

Welcome.

Unless they fall into a specific category it is best to post any questions as a New Topic in the General Section.

One of the best free software's for Gcode creation is F-Engrave;  http://scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html  and one of the best paid software's is Vectric;  http://www.vectric.com/  but there are lots of others out there to choose from.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2602 on: June 26, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
Hi,
My name is mostafa and I live in egypt, I have been a running CNC machines for 5 years now,
I own a K2 CNC router Kt-2514 and I have plans on making a large router in the next while and would like to add a 4th axis to my router I am currently using. I have a small business that I am trying to run, maybe one day I can do it full time.

I know many different CNC languages Fanuc, Heidenhein, Fidia, and a few others also many CAM softwares such as Powermill, Work NC, Prospector, Lemoine and Mastercam. When I first came to Alberta I started working for a company that fixed CNC machines but there was too much travel involved so I didn't stay with that company. Now I am in a shop running a DaeWoo Ace H100 boring mill using Mastercam it seems like a good place to work they have very good tooling. 

I enjoy drawing, woodcarving, snowboarding and mountain biking. I love CNC and I have benefited greatly from this site and all the people here.

mostafa
« Reply #2603 on: June 29, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »
Hello I have never used mach before but my boss ordered a 4 axis router as a job to install in another company. I am a college student and have been tasked with learning Mach3 and modifying the UI so that the other company cannot mess with the program at all. Mach3 is also linked to a PLC that is in control of all the safety features. I have never used Mach software before this week and my CAM software to generate G-Code is MasterCAM. The use for the router is when you hit a button it will clamp down on a part to a fixture extend the fixture out to a saw blade to cut off the end of the part then retract once a proximity sensor is tripped and once it is fully retracted, cut 25 holes into the part and 2 on the end. The 4th axis is on the spindle and is fundamentally a 5th axis but rotates along the Y axis. There are also safety light curtains and E-Stops around the router because it is not going to be for personal use.
« Reply #2604 on: July 08, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
Hello all I am very new, this is the first time trying to learn this stuff. I have been reading manuals and watching videos trying to get things setup but I am finding it very hard to put all the pieces together. I bought a used CNC Mogul and I am using Mach4 with a UC100 controller. Does anyone know where a good place is to find a guide to help me walk through the process. I have the machine to the point to where I can jog but I have not calibrated, homed or set limits, etc. Any help would be great, like I say I am a total newbie and have learned a lot over the past few weeks but considering most of the information I am finding tells how to do one task or the other. I am not even sure which order I need to go in to setup the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, just in case it helps I am not trying to do anything extreme, I just need to learn to make wooden signs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:21:20 PM by glukkon »
« Reply #2605 on: July 10, 2018, 02:14:16 AM »
Hi to all! I am passionate software engineer. Like Detroit Red Wings too.
Sigma Software provides top-quality software development
« Reply #2606 on: July 13, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
Hi
My name is Conrad and i need help for my z axis
Cheers
« Reply #2607 on: July 13, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
Z axis going deeper and deeper
« Reply #2608 on: July 29, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
Hello, Just purchased a small cnc machine for turning pens and other pieces. Also want to make plaques and similar items. I figured cnc is the way to go for pens but it is hard finding info about creating. I've seen youtube videos, so I know it can be done, but am having difficulties of where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am comfortable with corel draw, photoshop and illustrator.
« Reply #2609 on: July 30, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »
Hi Phantom Wolf,

I am comfortable with corel draw, photoshop and illustrator.
Those are drawing/sketching/illustrating programs.

You need CAD/CAM....Computer Aided Drafting/ Computer Aided Manufacture. You might find it possible
to import a picture of what you want into a CAM program but generally you'll have to draw a technical
diagram, usually using the same program.

If you have not had a look try Fusion 360....its free.....if you had to pay for it you would be up for thousands!

Have a look also at Machs Wizards, it will  give you an idea of whats required to convert an idea into
usable Gcode.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'