Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:25:24 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511528 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2340 on: July 27, 2016, 07:10:05 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #2341 on: July 27, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
Newbie in Leesburg Florida in need of hands on help setting up mach3 turn.
« Reply #2342 on: August 10, 2016, 08:50:30 PM »
Hi feel free to call me prism, I come from a 3D&CG background, currently working at an animation company.
Colleague and i have been building a cnc machine with modular parts, and most currently some software glitches with mach 4 have promtped us to join the forums and seek help.
Thanks! and Hello lol
« Reply #2343 on: August 13, 2016, 02:18:57 AM »
Hi, my name is Ted.  I'm new to CNC and I'm building my first CNC machine.  I live in Florida and it's very hot here right now.  I know that this is to introduce myself but I'm having a very hard time with my build.  The problem is getting the motors to turn. Everything I have read it seems that I have it all configured correctly but I must be missing something. I would be very grateful for any help. Also when I run the driver test two things happen. One it says it pulsing too fast. The second thing is when the test takes over it shuts off my PC, I'm running Windows XP.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 13, 2016, 03:40:37 AM »
Hi Ted, welcome to the forum.

There are far too many reasons for the problems you are experiencing to list them all but this is just my thoughts...

The 'pulsing too fast' can be caused by something on the PC running in the background such as USB hub, printer driver, memory stick etc.
Ideally the PC running Mach3 should be a 'dedicated PC' with no other software (other than Mach3 related) installed.

The shutdown could be related to your graphics card.

Perhaps check that your PC meets the minimum requirements mentioned here; http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #2345 on: August 23, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
Hi my name is Kenneth from Norway and just bought my first 3040 CNC machine from China. looking forward to getting started with it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Axis-CNC-3040-Table-Column-Type-Engraving-Machine-High-pricision-Ball-Screw-/261402090388?hash=item3cdcc75b94:g:jCEAAOxyLm9TAyxA

« Reply #2346 on: August 30, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Hi,
My name is Mike and I am a retired machinist.  I have been working with CNC since 97'.  Since retiring I wanted to build a CNC router because I love woodworking and wanted to do some cnc woodworking. I am eager to learn all the "tricks" of Mach3 and I am willing to take lots of advice in these forums.  Looking forward to many new things.
« Reply #2347 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »
Hello,

My name is Mike.  I work in maintenance for a sheet metal fabrication company.  I drove open wheel dirt track race cars at various levels for 28 years.  I was also my own mechanic, fabricator and sponsor.  My age and the economy ended that part of my career.  I guess I am a tool collector now.  I have been a reader of the forum for about five years.  The collection of knowledge here helped me retrofit a retrofit.  I successfully swapped out a Centroid CNC4 control on a Boss type Bridgeport knee mill to Mach3/PMDX/Geckos.  My next challenge will be a Bridgeport Series II Interact 4 with a bad Heidenhain TNC 151 control.  For this project, I think I am interested in the CSMIO/IP-A with which Hood has had such great success.  My first question will involve the suitability of the existing Bosch Z15-1-240V servo amplifiers.  As this is my first post in the forum, advice on the best place to post my question would be appreciated.  I have a lot of respect for the folks here who not only accomplish great things, but also take the time to share their knowledge with the rest of us.  I hope that I am able to contribute somewhere along the way as well.

Thank you,

Mike
Start somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do.
« Reply #2348 on: September 02, 2016, 02:47:29 AM »
My name is LARRY James I'm NEW TO THIS FORUM I would like to enter my questions in the correct forum I'm trying to setup a 7x14 mini lathe with stepper motors my motors have a 1/16 micro step I have been told multiply 16x200 which equals 3200 MY LEAD SCREW HAS 8 THREADS PER INCH which would equal 25,6000 i would like to verify these numbers to see if they are correct could I get someones help with this the docs in Mach4 say that 200 is for mm and not for standard
Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 02, 2016, 03:13:12 AM »
My name is LARRY James I'm NEW TO THIS FORUM I would like to enter my questions in the correct forum I'm trying to setup a 7x14 mini lathe with stepper motors my motors have a 1/16 micro step I have been told multiply 16x200 which equals 3200 MY LEAD SCREW HAS 8 THREADS PER INCH which would equal 25,6000 i would like to verify these numbers to see if they are correct could I get someones help with this the docs in Mach4 say that 200 is for mm and not for standard

Hi Larry,

Your figures are almost correct (you made a typo - we all do that  ;) )

Your stepper motor has 200 steps per revolution, your driver is set to operate in 1/16th microsteps (200 x 16 = 3200 steps per revolution). Your lead screw has 8 turns per inch so 3200 x 8 = 25600 steps per unit (the figure to be entered in Motor Tuning).

Tweakie.
PEACE