Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:10:28 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511379 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #560 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »
Help !! I have been running Mach3 for quiite awhile-Computer dumped-bought a Compaq Presario (wanted XP)with no Parallel port but I ordered a plug in parallel but this little computer has no plug ins
This is probably an old question but is there any way to run Mach3 w USB ports ???
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2009, 08:51:02 PM »
Hello all... I am an industrial maintenance technician/electrician/programmer of 30 years or so, and lately have come into the cnc/motion-control realm. I have used Turbocnc and  EMC2 on my hobby cnc-router at home. I needed to find something windozey for a project at work and happened upon Mach 3... I like what I see and am using it for my current project!

Offline JFH

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2009, 02:22:46 AM »
Hi all,
I new to this Forum, I am in the process of gathering all the bits and peaces required to build a 3 axis Router Table which I want control with Mach3 and I am a total novice and have a lot to learn,

Regards,

John Hansen
Melbourne, Victoria , Australia
« Reply #563 on: May 31, 2009, 06:33:51 PM »
Hi,  New to MACH 3.  I've viewed the video tutorials, and am interested in learning more, so I'd like to check out this forum.

Bill Shubert
Peoria, IL
Bill (the Cat) Shubert
« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
Hi everyone, I am based in Bedminster NJ

I am building a 6 axis robot out of printed plastic parts.
Here is my progress so far.  It works really well. Thanks for all the help!

http://www.alvarogil.com/cadcam/robot/index.html

It just came alive today, But in the upcoming weeks we will program it using Robotmaster inside of Mastercam.

Al

« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:16 PM »
Hi everyone:
My name is tomas.    I have a small sign business in Vancouver Canada.  I just finished building a  small 4'x4' hobby cnc with the purpose of cutting letters and logos o wood, cintra and aluminum.  This is a dificoult experience but a fascinating one to be sure.  I am learning Mach3 which I find to be great to learn even for a layman like me. 

My only problem has to do with the limit SWs,    No mater what I do they keep getting triggered by the noise interference.  I use shielded cables.  I rise the debounce to 10,000 with some improvement,but still the SWs  gets triggered unexpectely.  Could I rise the debounce much higher? will it affect the functioning of the machine?
Perhaps one of the memberes can help me with this.

I  will be very happy and thankfull to hear from anyone

Thaks.

Tomas
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am new here and looking for information on controlling a Southbend Magnaturn 612 with Mach software. Can anyone give me info on this?

Thanks
Randy

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
Hi to all
I'm new to CNC and in the process to build my 1st machine. I'm retired now, worked all my life in the industrial engineering filed design/build plants. I hobbies now are woodworking, computers and home renovations.

I just bought MACH3 and I love it. In the process to learn how to use it

Thanks
Nicolas
Nicolas
« Reply #568 on: June 12, 2009, 08:38:59 AM »
Howdy,
I'm xLindsay (real name Lindsay) from Chattanooga, TN. USA. I have a CNC router table 4' X 8' that I used to use in the sign business. Have a plasma table under construction. Have only a little experience with Mach, need to learn more.
Lindsay
Introducing myself as requested!
« Reply #569 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Hello,

I am new to this stuff as of March when I went to a woodworking show and saw a "Carvewright" there.  I loved the idea of it (I am not new to computers - I started when the user interface was punching holes in cardboard.) but I thought that machine was too much money for what you got.

I returned home and spent a lot of time learning what's happening here, and bought my Mach license bundled with Cambam.

My router table build log is at http://www.liming.org/cnc

I would love to hear any comments on the router table or the website log.

Real Soon Now I should be posting my own obligatory First Cut movie on You Tube, if I can only figure out why the motors wont' turn!

I must say I've really enjoyed the process of building this thing!

Thanks to Art, and everyone who makes this stuff possible!!!