Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:16:55 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511600 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1000 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:01 AM »
Hi 

i almost done my new DIY   router-milling machine for optical process. i am new on cnc but am learning and today was my first day operating the mach 3 is powerfull my machine respond perfect. with the stteper from gecko in a few day i will post some pictures from my work.

Antonio Torres
« Reply #1001 on: January 14, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
Hi, I'm new to Mach3 and its been a very long time since I did any cnc work. I recently purchased the Zen toolworks 7 x 7 and have since been trying to get up to speed with the cnc machine and mach 3. My latest stump is configuring the home position.
« Reply #1002 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:54 AM »
Hi

I am Domenic from Sydney/Australia

Just brought a cnc machine form China using Mach 3......  i am a bit confused but ok

« Reply #1003 on: January 17, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
Hey everyone  ;D

Bought a Percision plasma and CnCandC electronics about 6 months ago, just now getting to the point I'm ready to cut.

Hope ya'll don't mind a bunch of ? from an old construction supervisor!!

Like working with aluminum so I started powder coating and decided to try and cut my own projects.

Louis
« Reply #1004 on: January 20, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
Hello, I am a newbie on this site, an electronic hobbiest and learning on a Sherline mill.  I am enjoying learning Mach3 but having some problems using the Sherline rotary cnc table.  While .the x,y,z axis work okay, the rotary table will on run at a certain speed and it does not run smoothly.

I have tried different configurations but still it does not work correctly and I can't run it and another axis at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »
Hi Songlight,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question under the General Mach Discussion section, giving as much detail as possible somebody will be able to help you. There are many Sherline users here.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1006 on: January 20, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »
Thanks
« Reply #1007 on: January 21, 2011, 05:43:12 AM »
Hello there,
I have been using Mach on and off for about 6 years. I originally had some help converting a small cnc mill and lathe and the guy helping me introduced me to Mach.
I am currently working on building a cnc wire edm and have a puzzling problem. The X axis will only turn in one dirrection even though the read out says it is going both ways. I have swapped the axes over and the situation is the same.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Tony

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 21, 2011, 05:59:31 AM »
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to post your question under the General section where it will get more exposure.

Usually axis running in one direction only is because the controller is not seeing or recognizing the axis Direction signal - check your config setup to ensure you have allocated the Direction pin and Port correctly also check your controller to ensure the direction signal is connected to the correct pin.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1009 on: January 21, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »
Thanks Tweekie, I will try that.