Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:37:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511492 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2270 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:26 AM »
where do i find general section to  have a new  topic

Sorry, I should have been more specific  General Mach Discussion just select New Topic.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2271 on: March 22, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I use a converted Emco 140 for the production of some small parts.
There are some minor problems and I hope to find the solution here.
« Reply #2272 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
Hello all.  I'm new to this site (and new to Mach 3).  My background is in drafting.  I've been interested in machining for quite a while now.  Due to the slowdown in Oil and Gas I figured I'd try my hand at machining and engraving.  So, I recently purchased a 6040z from China.  The youtube videos look so much easier than what I'm experiencing.  I'm glad to find out about this forum and feel relieved to see that there are many hobbyist like myself who need a little help to get started.  I'm sure I'll need more than I can give in the short run but hope to become a resource over time for people like myself.
« Reply #2273 on: March 25, 2016, 01:51:21 AM »
hi im here question how to set the hlding tourk
« Reply #2274 on: March 25, 2016, 12:48:49 PM »
Hi, Home hobbiest here.  A couple of years ago I built a set up off a Grizzly mill using Xylotex stuff.  Set up Mach3 & Dolphin.  XP PC - Parallel.  Anyway, I got into limit switch problems and pretty much abandoned it.  Now thinking of a restart, but not very electrical.  Is there a mostly off the shelf four axis set up where I could re-wire my steppers, add limit switches, re-Install and go?  I have a parallel PC, but can deal with the PC side mostly.  A brand, page, short list of solid stuff would be quite helpful.  Thanks!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: March 25, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »
Hi Guys, welcome to the forum. You really need to post questions as a New Topic in the General Mach Discussion section (unless another section is more appropriate - but please don't make multiple posts on the same subject) - it will get more response as this section is only for introductions.

@Heyhoss - Holding Torque is set by the motor controller (often dip switches) not Mach.

@Cquinn - Each supplier will tell you that their stuff is the best / easiest to use etc.
Just my opinion but I think that the Gecko products take a lot to beat and their information / product support is second to none. Perhaps take a brows through their site  and see what you think  http://www.geckodrive.com/

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:07:52 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2276 on: March 25, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
Thanks, just need a starting point, and figured things might get buried, thanks for the add.
« Reply #2277 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
Hey everyone. Hawksp2000 here. Old hand with 3d fff, new to cnc. I have Refieb dell with win7 operating in 32 bits. Running Mach 3. The cnc is a 3040 4 axis. Right off the get go, no connectivity with the machine. I've checked and rechecked connections, port settings, motor tuning and I think ... Every combination of toggles on Mach3. The controller powers up. Fan operates, spindle control reostat actually turns the spindle. But in Mac3, via jogging or running a sample gcode file, nada. The indications on Mach3 are that its running through code line commands, the display indicates the axis movement progress, but it does not translate to any stepper movement.

Help me Obi Won. Or even a Padawan if you're smarter than me on this process. Which you probably are.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:11 AM »
There are lots of things you can try but initially (assuming you are using the LPT parallel port for communication between the machine & PC).

Run the  DriverTest.exe (Mach3 folder) and see if you get good results (reasonably flat line).

Check that the LPT parallel port address (shown in Windows Device Manager) is the one you have entered in Mach Ports & Pins.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2279 on: April 02, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »
Hello all...

Been around CNC Lathes for a number of years, soon i will be getting alittle 6040 cnc router for home use so i just started to get familiar Mach over the last week or so.

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to the Mach software; devs, users, plugin makers all the same, from the little ive seen so far, its very impressive.

Have fun and take care...

_
~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~