Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:50:07 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511325 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1440 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
   ;D
Hi Dennis welcome aboard, thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself, I can understand your excitement,to be starting down the all consuming path of knowledge,
This thread is purely a introduction site,all questions should be addressed to the"General Mach Discussion"area which is accessibly from this page just brows the threads and post any questions on an appropriate site I'm sure that you will get  help from the many knowledgeable members.
Regards

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1441 on: April 16, 2012, 04:31:15 PM »
hi my name is Guy. i have a tormach running mach3 -one of the early 3 digit ones, I picked up a Mathews 1330 CNC lathe running a Siemens 802c that drives me crazy and I'm trying to finish a CNC gantry router table.

I'm also building a Cnc rifling machine for up to 12" x 6 foot barrels. I have the forms ones to build a ten barrel 12 gauge Gatling , a 5 barrel 40mm Gatling (low pressure) and a 20mm Vulvan conversion on a 75mm recoiless rifle.   

Guy
« Reply #1442 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
   ;D 
Hi Guy welcome aboard, you certainly have a lot going on in your life,sounds like you are starting up your own army.
Thank you for dropping by and introducing your self.

Regards
     Dick  ;) 
« Reply #1443 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »
Hi everone, my name is Phil. I have a small manufacturing company in VT. We make small parts for the Medical industry. I build post processing machines (drilling machines, machine vision and inspection, counting and verifying parts, yadda yadda...) that make the parts we sell

I wear about 20 hats, my company is very small but steady. I love reading this forum as it has alot of informed users with lots of great information gained by experience.

I have some general questions which I will try and post in the right place about servo controllers & mach 3 ect...

Just wanted to say Hi, amd that I really like this forum!
« Reply #1444 on: April 20, 2012, 03:23:32 AM »
  ;D
Hi Phil welcome aboard  thanks for dropping by and introducing your self, it's great that you find the discussions stimulating and informative that is what this Group is all about, shared knowledge, everybody that joins brings something with them, that when shared will help some one else,None of us came into this world knowing everything.
Working for a small company has many rewards, and wearing 20 hats is a good thing, you don't have free time to get bored.
Regards       
  Dick  ;)
« Reply #1445 on: April 23, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum today.

In the work world I am a maintenance apprentice for Eaton Corporation in a heavy duty truck transmission plant. ( We make Semi Transmissions ).

In my hobby life however I am a woodworker, who has decided to build my first CNC Router.

I am planning on running a Mach3 control with a wireless Xbox controller for the manual jog. I am also thinking of adding a 4th axis, and a touch probe for scanning 3D surfaces.

All of this is new ground for me so I am learning as I go.

If anyone has any thoughts about this setup please feel free to voice them to me.

Thank You,

David
« Reply #1446 on: April 23, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »
   ;D
Hi David welcome aboard,thanks for dropping by and introducing yourself, It's good to hear that you have gotten and apprenticeship,It will put you in good stead for latter life.there is three major requirements in what ever hobby or career you choose , discipline,common sense and study,and your apprenticeship should teach you all three.
All questions should be addressed to the "General Mach Discussion" just brows the threads and select a thread that is closest to your requirements and post your questions.
 I know that you will receive all the help you require,there is a lot of knowledgeably people within this group
 Regards

Dick   ;)

« Reply #1447 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
Hi my name is James and I joined because I am building a Plasma table from scratch to learn the processes of CNC tables I have a Hurco mill and am in the process of getting it to G-code , I am in the purchasing phase of the table,this is what I have so far 3-59" rack and pinion, one Nema 34 892 oz stepper motor and cnc control, thc control, 350w 48v 7.3A power supply,one 12" ball screw and 4 linear bearings, 4-1' chrome hardened shafts, 40 flat roller bearings,2- 1:2 reducer pullies and belts,roller switches,and the 3 axis mach3 controller board. I am going to use my L8000 Lotos plasma cutter as the plasma cutter and will be using a plasma table torch cable.. some of the stuff I will be purchasing later after I test the abilities of what I have bought so far, I joined so I can ask for advice when I have issues thanks for being here
« Reply #1448 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
    ;D
Hi James welcome aboard, thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself,you have been a busy boy with a shopping list like this,joining this group is a wise move, you will have access to a lot of knowledge and support.

Regards

Dick    ;)
« Reply #1449 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
Hi all I've been operating  manual machines (lathes, mills & grinders) on and off for 30yrs. I'm a Kiwi living in OZ  ;) I have just built up a Seig SX3 with a Promica 4 axis kit. I am completely new to the cnc world but I'm competent in Autocad and inventor which has helped in working with axis's and have just invested in Cambam as a cam program. I have yet to figure out how to integrate a 4th axis into Gcode.
Please forgive my newbie questions  ::)
 Cheers Nick
Regards
Nick