Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:23:00 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511421 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2210 on: November 21, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
Thanks,

That's helpful. I think I'll start over again.
« Reply #2211 on: November 23, 2015, 07:12:43 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

OK, here we go.  My name is Ron.  I'm a retired electrical engineer living in Michigan.  I build and shoot precision rifles both in competition and on the prairie dog fields.  After three years of building more and more accurate guns and inching my longest prairie dog kill out a few yards at a time each trip to Wyoming, I finally killed one at over a mile in May 2014.  Now I need to learn how to chamber my own rifle barrels to cut down on the cost of having to do so many.

I am a total newbie with CNC programming and machine tools, but I'm having a load of fun figuring it all out.  I bought a South Bend heavy 10 a couple of months ago and was right in the middle of rebuilding it when the Bridgeport came up for sale.  It is a 2 HP Series I CNC sold new in 1979 and I've had it about a month now.  It was retrofitted in the 90s with a Centroid CNC4, which was still working when I bought it.  It was missing the PLC that interfaced the manual spindle controls to the CNC4.  The jog buttons, feed override, program run and pause buttons were working because they interfaced directly to the CNC4.  I couldn't live with the old DOS system and having to type in programs one character at a time, so I started researching.  I bought a Xulifeng BOB and downloaded the Mach3 demo.  I have successfully interfaced the BOB to the Centroid stepper drives and I have the unit running on Mach3.  I got all the previously non-functioning manual controls working with a little help from this site.  The only thing I have not been able to figure out is how to get the encoders configured.  I will be seeking help with that in another post.

« Reply #2212 on: November 24, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad
,ed
hello all im brand new to mach, ive just built a cnc plasma table with thc, everything was going ok thc works fine but today for no reason when i loaded g code it comes out all messed up on the screen it was working fine then this started to happen ive run the same code on another computer in mach3 and its fine so sheet cam is putting the code out ok ,im at a loss dident change no setteings could it be something wrong with mach or a glich  ps i no my spelling is bad im very dislexic thanks chris
« Reply #2213 on: November 24, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
Hi Chris,

I posted once before just to vent my frustrations. Here ya go with my intro.

I'm a Newbie and a senior with a background in mine engineering/operations and several years as a corporate safety officer.I'm now retired and spend a lot of my time kayaking, making Greenland Kayak Paddles and Native American Style Flutes. I live in Nanaimo BC and have had my CNC machine for several months now. Despite setting up the small machine only took minutes I just cut my first item yesterday and another today. It's taken a long time and a lot of frustration but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Fortunately drafting and graphics we part of a long past life but helped a lot in understanding the software which was my major challenge.
« Reply #2214 on: November 30, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
Hi
I am new to CNC have been building a machine on and off for the last couple years, getting close to finally using it. I work with glass making molds and melting for architectural applications. I have been hand-building these molds and want to try CNC for this. Look forward to being part of this forum.
Bill
« Reply #2215 on: December 03, 2015, 01:10:39 AM »
Hi! I'm new to CNC machining and I am in the process of gathering/building my first CNC mill. I currently have a LMS 3990 purchased new, and have all the electronics assembled and wired into a rackmount enclosure. As of today I just finished building a custom 22" LCD Touch monitor from new and salvaged parts. All I'm waiting on is the Fusion CNC kit to arrive tomorrow and hopefully I can start playing with my new toy, lol.

Hi,

I was just wondering your impressions of the Fusion CNC kit.

I've read some posts elsewhere that indicated that Fusion CNC has been going downhill in the past couple years, and was curious about your impressions since you are a fairly recent purchaser.

Thanks
« Reply #2216 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »
Hi I go by the name Furry57. I live in BC Canada I googled Cam Tech Router Master 25 and your site came up near top so here I am. What do you think of me so far? I am so very new at CNC that is I have never worked with one as of yet. BUT I am bidding on a 2000 Cam Tech Router Master 25 in an auction as we speak and it will end on Dec 8,2015. It has a Porter Cable 3hp router and states Untested, declared as needing repairs. I contacted the company that was selling the machine. But people in office could not help at all. My question to any one that owns one or has any idea what a good stopping point on bid for a machine like this should be. I saw that people were converting this model with a Mach 3 set up, So if I could not get it to run would this fix any of my problems? I am no stranger to converting things over but is it better to go this route or pay big bucks and buy turn key and go. If this should have been in a different forum please forgive me and please move. Thanks in advance.
« Reply #2217 on: December 05, 2015, 11:23:41 PM »
My name is Max. I just setup my new cnc router 6040. Brand new to all of this. Look forward to receiving all the help that you can give me, in the newbie section!!
« Reply #2218 on: December 06, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »
Hi!

My name is Eugene.
A few years use AXYZ Millenium router and plan to convert it under the Mach.
« Reply #2219 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:36 PM »
Hey everyone,   Glad to be on the board and getting my feet wet in CNC.   My home shop consists of a SB heavy 10"  a   OLD Lodge & Shipley 18"  and a Bridgeport Boss 5.  I bought the Bridgeport  knowing I wanted CNC but since have learned the limitations of the BOSS systems and the fact that mine would need some serious going over to get working.  My plan is now to do a Mach3 retrofit which I'll be starting a new post on soon.  Once in operation I'll be using it to mainly build ride on live staem locomotives and possibly grow a design fabrication business from home.  Really looking forward to the adventures ahead.