Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:48:23 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511583 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2730 on: January 09, 2020, 12:53:20 PM »
Hi
Im Gary from the UK, I have just joined this forum today and i really look forward to reading and learning from the many experienced Mach 3/4 Cnc users.

I have been using my 2 x 3 Merchant dice Cnc along with Vectric Aspire which i really love for about 5 years now and hope to be doing so for many years to come.
The Cnc as been brilliant and the software in my opinion cannot be matched. I am a retired Firefighter and much of what i make tends to be Firefighter related.

Right its time to finally read a few posts. :)
« Reply #2731 on: January 12, 2020, 06:10:50 AM »
Hii everyone

I am from Turkey/Antalya.  I am bulding my own 3d printer on mac3 platform. It's my hobby. Actually, I am a certified public accountant.

Nice to be here.
« Reply #2732 on: January 15, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »
Hello,

I am a Tech Ed teacher at a small school in Wisconsin. Recently moved here and took on the roles in running the "fab lab". Will be using Mach 3 in both a mini mill and CNC Router.

I appreciate all the help in advance.

Thanks
« Reply #2733 on: January 19, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »
Hello,

I'm Jaume from Girona, Catalonia.

I have a cnc mill of openbuilds with a kress1050 and workspace of 900*600*250mm
Is only a hobbie machine, but i love it.

I using mach 3 about 2 years ago with 3 axes, now i'm confing the 4 angular axis  (it is a headache because don't works fine)

Thanks for your support and I hope help somebody.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:56:33 PM by jbanti »
« Reply #2734 on: January 21, 2020, 11:38:40 AM »
New to mach4 ;)
« Reply #2735 on: January 31, 2020, 10:39:09 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Pietro.

During my studies I worked on a few automation projects and built my first CNC router almost 10 years ago (run with Mach3). My passion about mechatronics lead me to my current occupation, which is mainly related to setting up prototypes for evaluating innovative applications in manufacturing processes.
I really appreciate the knowledge exchange that fora like this support, and hope I will be able to do my part in it.

See you in the next post.
Pietro
« Reply #2736 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:08 AM »
Hi, I'm Gery from Newmarket, Ontario Canada.
I just picked up an old "BuildyourCNC" router.  It's got a 2'x4' bed and I plan to use it for milling foam RC aircraft parts.
I just downloaded Mach3 and am working through the setup and troubleshooting process.  Once I get the machine working, I'll have to better align the axis. 

I can't get the drives to move yet.  So far I've identified an issue with the 'wave form' and am now looking for an 'Optimization.txt' file noted in one of the Youtube machvids.

I have a basic understanding of CNC operation but,will need help to get the machine running.

thanks
« Reply #2737 on: April 03, 2020, 08:14:26 AM »
Hi Folks 
I am John  from Carlisle in the North of England  and am trying to build a CNC controlled  Mill table  (Not quite from scratch)
I have a Deckel FP1  toolroom milling machine  which is not easily suited to conversion.
My Idea therefore was to buy a cheap cross table  https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/351732158267?chn=ps    and plant it upon the Deckel table ,  adding x and y motions .

So far I have added the steppers and ball screws to it and it works  freely in both directions when driven by my cordless drill.
I have downloaded Mach 3 to a windows 8 PC and am using the UC100 controller to connect to my electronics .
I have searched for tutorials with a view to learning  in a progressive order  but youtube comes up a number on lots of channels by different  contributors and I cant seem to find the Artsoft set  which I am presuming will be in a logical order .

Can anyone point me to a link to those  which I can hopefully add to favourites .
If you could also point me to the best part of this (extensive) forum for a total newbie hobby guy like myself I would appreciate that.

Thanks        John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 03, 2020, 08:37:19 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome.

Not sure they are all in logical order but the tutorials start here; https://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2739 on: April 28, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
Hi Everyone! I'm Diego From Italy. Just got into the CNC world.
I'm building my own DIY CNC router with a goal in mind, use this machine to cut aluminium parts for RC helicopters or any kind of RC models. I need some help so that's why I'm here :) Still in the learning process lol

This is how my machine looks right now
https://imgur.com/EO7zxpK

Nice to be here
Diego