Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:50:06 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511503 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1370 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Hi all,

As of today 19th Jan. 2011 I’m newish to this forum and new to CNC'ing too.. and thanks to all who have answered my posts here..it's a fantastic forum and Mach for the price is really a no brainer too..and a big thanks to the founders of this site and the creators of the Mach software, it’s great for fumbling amateurs like me ;) to seek info…

My own background is a Welder (hence my user name ha ha ;D ;D) for 20plus years, and over here in Europe we're called Coded Welders and over there in the US I believe it's referred to as Certified Welder under the auspices of the AWS and certified to A.S.M.E. IX..
I’ve been all around the Mechanical Construction industry; Petro-Chemical, Refineries, Chemical, Pressure Vessels, Gas/Oil Pipelines, off shore etc…..and certified Welding Inspector level II and MPI level II.. blah blah….enough of that.

Just finished late last year my first build or should I say CNC conversion of an Optimum BF20L using the Smooth Stepper as my motion control device and now only learning how to control it with Mach. CNC is an absolutely fascinating field and I’m only sorry I came into it so late in my career, and only by accident too as I just wanted a way to create model yacht hulls to a higher standard. I was in a bad car accident two years ago and it’s what one would call a life changing moment and so as therapy for me I started model yacht building and the rest is history here I am…..and the beauty of CNC is if you can draw it you can machine it...

Eoin
« Reply #1371 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »
Hello,
My name is Bill, hence the CNC Bill and I'm from Northern California.   By the way, did anyone else have trouble with the Captua...  I've been a lurker of sometime, but I now have a reason to signup. I started with a home built CNC machine, then I got a RF31 mill which I converted to CNC.  Now I have just bought a Dyna DM4400 from my local  J. C. College.  Its been halfway converted with the AH-HA system, but not fully working (ATC and Spindle for which I will be asking about).  I also have the same user name over on the CNC Zone. 

In closing, I would really like to Thank Art and the rest of the Guys here for creating a GREAT Product.

Offline ttm

•  40 40
  • Learning my first CNC router plasma setup
    • View Profile
definitly new here
« Reply #1372 on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
I'm Tom, new here, new to CNC new TO Mach,

I have bought a used plasma router table, with a powermax1000gs and machine torch and router setup, that was not finished setting up,

that has been partially converted, it was a Practical cnc table, rack and pinion 4*8 (it''s actually a tad larger than that) that has made parts BACKTHEN, previous owner had to replace a controller?, and practical was out of business from my understanding,

he bought CandCNC plaspakIII controllers? and a mp3000 with ubob and a DTCH, it has been morphed some since then, so I am not 100% sure of what versions of what boards are what, I did write it all down (numbers off boards and stuff)

I do not know anything about the motors for the gantry, only they are servo and possibly Gecko motors, I would love to identify them and their specs along with the encoders

I have a ton of hours in it so far, I have been on the CandCNC forum for a couple weeks now.

wish me luck!
Tom

« Reply #1373 on: January 20, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
hello my name is Corey. I am very new to Mach3 I'm new to all this CNC stuff. The company i work for has just bought a vortech router. they gave me a mine crash course on how to work it basically just how to load and run the programs. i am trying to increase my feed speed and units/min rate. If some one could pleas HELP me out I would truly appreciate it. Hope to hear from some one thank you and you all have a good day
« Reply #1374 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »
Hi my name is Benny, the dumb name I have as my forum name is benny spelt backwards. For some reason it has stuck.
I live In Melbourne Australia. I have been into CNC for a couple of years now, and love the fact that a personal computer can drive a CNC machine. Hence my involvement with Mach3.
I have built two CNC router tables now, and get a kick out of seeing a machine that I built, actually cut something. Its a constant thrill for me. ( But then again I am easily amused. )
« Reply #1375 on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:03 AM »
Hi There I built a 5 axis CNC machine which is run with Mach 3 Software and a smooth stepper I was kind of hoping my son would help out with the computer side of things .But im left to sort it myself

My question is while running the machine we get jerky movements if i increase the CV line count to 200 lines ahead this goes away

Is it possible to increase this or set to count the code to a different state based on the size of the machine it needs a lot of code to move the distance

Tim
« Reply #1376 on: January 22, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Hi to everyone. My name is Buddy and I'm new some what to the cnc world. I am finding CNC Maching grabs a person interest, but takes alot of studing and talking to knowledgeable people such as people here that have been through the trail and errors themselves to learn it. I have a Vortech 4x8 2012 model Router and Mach3. I joined this forum to try and gain knowledge from you guys and maybe i'll get their. I find CNC Machining and products made from the machines a very exciting process.

When I first got the Router installed I was very excited to learn. I watched the Mach Vidoes and found real quick one of them trail and errors!!! I started Mach3 and jogged the Machine thru it's paces but noticed DRO was reading movement, all axis home buttons were highlighted in red and had no red box in the toolpath window and cant see the axis move in the window. It does not have a G-Code in it yet but i'm struggling with not being able to see the axis show in the toolpath window. If I may Ask someone here, should i be able to see the axis move in the toolpath window? I would appreciate any help, Thanks
« Reply #1377 on: January 27, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
Hi,
I am a complete CNC newbie, but excited about the possibilities. I am looking for some resources to educate myself on the terms and techniques involved in the process. I am a woodworker with an architecture background, a lot of 2d AutoCAD experience.
Appreciate any links, books, etc to get my feet wet. I'm looking to get into this asap, so thanks in advance.
David
« Reply #1378 on: January 29, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »
Hi, I'm Daryll, Owner of Bugzyla, A VW aftermarket parts manufacturer. We have been farming out our CNC plasma work for the past 4 years, and just bought a CNC plasma table and we are going to run it with Mach 3. I should be making some test cuts (probably the wile e coyote file in the shared g code section) in the next few days. Im not a total stranger to CNC, I ran a sign shop for 14 years and used a cad program called Sign Lab. But im sure there will be a learning curve on the Mach 3 program.
« Reply #1379 on: January 30, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Hello! My names is Charles, and I'm a Alcoholic. Ooop's sorry wrong group. Having serious problems getting my router table to run. Will have many questions! Looking forward to some expert advice.