Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:09:48 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511619 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
Hi my name is Jorge , i am a mech. eng student and as part of my senior design project , my team is doing a machine that drills and cuts plastic to do paddles for a construction company. The machine is finished , yet we want to know if it is possible through Mach 3 to move two axis simultaneously,namely cutting and drilling, two improve its marketabiity and production speed.
Thanks ,
Jorge
Hello from Austin,TX
« Reply #801 on: April 19, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
Hi, My name is Bryon .  My interest in CNC started about 3 months ago. I'm looking forward too learning, as the possibilities seem unlimited. I have a mechanical background and currently am a tech for a car wash company.
I am grateful for the information here and hope someday to add too it. In the meantime, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions, so let me say "thanks" to y'all who have shared your knowledge. Best to all...
« Reply #802 on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:30 AM »
Hello, my name is Timmy, I'm based in Wales U.K, just getting involved with Mach3 running a 10' x 5' plasma cutting setup which a friend has purchased via ebay. Only ever had experience with Vinyl cutting plotters but a little of it seems to be similar with regard to x,y,z but I think its going to be a steep learning curve plus we have a niggley fault on movement regarding z axis.....

Bye for now,

Timmy.....

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 22, 2010, 08:40:42 AM »
Hi Timmy,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are unable to resolve your Z Axis problem then post as much detail as you can about it, in the general section and I am sure someone here will be able to help or at least suggest fault finding ideas which you have perhaps not thought of.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #804 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
Hello been here before but I need help. I'm in the sign business using a cnc router. I'm sending my art from V carve pro to the mac 3 which the art is letters to be cut. When brought into the mac 3 preview window it shows the letters to be cut but also adds in these circles which are larger then the letters. Then we it loads and strat to cut it cut the first letters then starts cutting the circles. Does anyone have any thoughts.

thank you all.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 22, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »
Hello been here before but I need help. I'm in the sign business using a cnc router. I'm sending my art from V carve pro to the mac 3 which the art is letters to be cut. When brought into the mac 3 preview window it shows the letters to be cut but also adds in these circles which are larger then the letters. Then we it loads and strat to cut it cut the first letters then starts cutting the circles. Does anyone have any thoughts.

thank you all.

Config menu then General Config then in the middle change the IJ mode to the opposite of what you have it set.
Next time please post the question in a new thread rather than in this introduction thread.
Hood
« Reply #806 on: April 26, 2010, 02:04:02 AM »
Hello All,

Just signed up to the forum. I am using Mach3 with a SmoothStepper retrofit to a 1.5m by 2.6m router where we have replaced
the spindle motor with a steerable knife. Couldn't get the original controller to do what we needed (2.5D plus knife steering) so
tried another system which wasn't up to it. Now very hopeful with a little guidance we can get it to go with this setup.
The application is to cut pre-impregnated carbon fibre 'cloth'.

Cheers,
mike
« Reply #807 on: April 26, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
Hi All
My name is Chris and I live in Yorkshire UK.  A couple of years ago now I built myself a CNC Wood router primarily to cut balsa and the like for my RC aircraft hobby, however that hobby
has taken a bit of a back seat lately due to the new router taking centre stage.
I use the Vectric software Cut 3D and Aspire with Mach3 of course, and I have been totally awestruck by what this combination of software can do, even on a simple homemade machine.
I have been visiting this forum just recently for help and ideas in modifying my Screen with other buttons to suit my needs, and as I found out
Its basically all been done before. So now I have a camera set up on the machine for centring, auto touch probe and have just taken delivery of a Shuttle,
I got into a bit of a pickle setting up the shuttle  with one of the macros I found on here but then again this forum has helped straighten out the problem I was suffering (least I hope its sorted)

So I thought I would break cover and say Hi and thanks to all.

Regards
Chris.
« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
Hello everyone,

What a big community you have here !

My name is Yianni and my game is 3D Jewelry Modeling. Just dove in Mach3 and I love it.

Any Jewelry Modelers out there ? If so feel fre to stop by www.Glaux3d.com

A social network for people to:

* Show your work
* Review work of others
* Enhance your knowledge and modeling skills.
* Contribute to our accumulative knowledge !

Registration is and will remain free.
« Reply #809 on: April 30, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Hello to you all what a great site
I'm Paul (weldsol). I have built a 3axis machine and have now downloaded Mach3 and now today trying to get to grips with everything. ???
So far got the motors running and set up some home points so there is still a way to go before I cut any material.
I also killed three trees by printing the Mach3 manual all 157 pages but now it's in a nice folder by the machine so I can refer to it.

Paul

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then it must be an electrical fault  ::)
If it can't be fixed with a hammer then it must be an electrical fault