Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:33:59 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511570 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2010 on: December 09, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
Hello, I´m Jose From Spain. Im new in this forum. I am learning english aswell so i am not very goot at it so hope you can understand me hehe.
I love running machines and the industry.
I love sports awell, The tennis and padel the most.
Thats all, nice to meet u guys!

Offline OCB

•  11 11
    • View Profile
    • My Shop
« Reply #2011 on: December 14, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
New here and new to all this CNC stuff but learning fast. Been in the electrical business all my life it seems, so the controls for the machine has not been too
bad. But all the little things you machine shop guys take for granted is taking me a little bit to pick up. But this site has helped a lot. So if I ask some dumb azz questions
bare with me please.
Just an old country boy!
« Reply #2012 on: December 14, 2014, 11:37:49 AM »
Hello,
My name is Cliff I live in Chesterton Indiana - about 8 miles from Lake Michigan. I hace an old CNC ( Digitool ) machine. Recently my old 486 computer dies that ran this machine. So we up graded to a dell and installed mach 3. Now I am only smart enough to get into trouble when it comes to computers, and now I am in trouble. Does anyone live near me that I could talk to by phone or in person - that knows anything about this stuff. My email address is calibratedsurface@frontier.com  - I dont have much hair left to pull out.
« Reply #2013 on: December 14, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
Hello, my name is Cliff. I am looking to talk to someone about this mach3 and my very old digitool cnc machine. I know enough about computers to get into trouble. Well I am in trouble. I live in NW Indiana. My old 486 died - had to up grade. Prior to this the machine ran great - using bobcad software.
« Reply #2014 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
I served my apprenticeship with Harland & Wolff  UK as a fitter and turner. Joined the merchant navy in 1957 AS A marine engineer and subsequently emigrated to Australia in 1961
Lived in Tasmania from 1961 to 1983 in management roll Caltex Oil Australia. Then director and GM Caltex Qil Zanbia. Returned to Melbourne in 1986 as Business Unit Manager  lubricants s for VIC, TAS and SA.
Retired from Caltex in 1994 and moved to the Gold Coast. Ran management rights for 8 years then retired. Took up wood  turning as a hobby and became a tutor.
Currently building a 4 axis router using Gecko G540, Mach3 and Aspire. Still in the process of putting it together and a lot I do not understand. If there is another member close by who is willing to give some tips or let me have a look at his set up I would appreciate it,
i am located at Arundel on the Gold Coast
regards David
« Reply #2015 on: December 19, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »
 Hello my name is Paul and i just bought my first Mach 3 machine  :D :D :D
Its a PM-45M CNC and I am very green with the software. Could use some moral support or a forum location to get started.
Thanks
« Reply #2016 on: December 20, 2014, 08:58:13 AM »
Hi
My name is Quentin, total newbie to cnc an got a small 6040z table running ventric 2D cut and photocarve with Mach3, or I will be when I have set everything up. Starting with a small absic table until I have the know how to upgrade. done all my drawings, g code and set up just getting ready for first run. No doubt I will need some words of wisdom to perfect my processes and look forward to joining the cnc community.
Live in the heart of Cheshire in the UK and like to build things.
« Reply #2017 on: December 21, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi guys well thatnks for the add
well i have just bought myself a CNC machine
and after having to buy myself another compter with 32bit and windows 7
i have got round to makeing a start useing it.
but a quick question i want to make a sign on it but i havnt a clue where to start
can anybody point me in the right direction on where to start

thanks
« Reply #2018 on: December 21, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »
Hi,
Richard from Wales, machining is my hobby, covered the basics as an apprentice, now moving on.
I think I'm going to need some help!!
« Reply #2019 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
hi richard welcome.

i am just starting out have just got the gear but havent a clue how to work it.
 lol
 :)

Hi,
Richard from Wales, machining is my hobby, covered the basics as an apprentice, now moving on.
I think I'm going to need some help!!