Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:46:49 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511360 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2380 on: January 04, 2017, 01:44:01 AM »
Hi Hugh,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes sir, you can transport your Mach3 license between computers without issue.

You can also use the same license on more than one computer and provided you are not using a machine for commercial purposes on more than one machine.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline CRS

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 05, 2017, 02:08:28 AM »
Hello to other obsessed CNC enthusiasts.

My name is Craig Smith, I live in Mount Eliza, which is a small outer suburb of Melbourne Australia.  A boat builder by trade, I departed from building timber racing yachts and got involved in racing and building Radio Control model yachts some twenty years ago.  Called an International One Metre.

The need to make moulds and have the patterns CNC milled steered me towards finally getting a little CNC mill made by Hercus in Australia.  Used as a training mill in tech colleges, it has an old ANCA control which basically requires the G Code punched in via the input keyboard.

That was fun for about two seconds. And now, like most people on the forum, I have opted to convert to Mach.  I am going with Mach4 and the Ethernet Smooth Stepper.  I have the MB2 Break out Board from CNCRoom in Thailand and for my front panel I/O, I have a PoKeys 57E.

Needless to say, I sometimes question my sanity with the amount of different topics that have to be learned and mastered.  But it is a fascinating journey and not difficult to see why so many have the bug.  Lua is the thing that is currently doing my head in.  But I am sure no one else has trouble with that…….

I look forward to being able to help someone else one day, that way that I have gleaned so much from the likes of DazTheGas and others.  What legends these guys are, hey.  Thanks to you all for being a part of it.  Otherwise guys like myself with little to no idea, just wouldn’t stand a chance.
Great to be a part of it.

Craig Smith
« Reply #2382 on: January 08, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »
Hi Guys
Mike from the nwt, building a cnc and know I'm gonna need help with it. started as a mechanic up here and now run power plants
but needed a hobby for these long winters. I've been building a router with electronics from stepper online and have downloaded the mach 3 trial
hooked up to a 5 axis bob and dell 755 (old work computer) so far everything has been working good and the setup in mach 3 was easy enough
i do have one issue where all my steppers growl and rotate a couple degrees every 30 (exactly) seconds but i think it probably has something to do with the computer
dro doesn't change at all
i am trying to locate a spare to try, I've been reading these posts for months and they are whats been getting me through my problems so far
i think this interest all started when i picked up a homebuilt 3d printer a few years back
there is so much that can be done but also so (much more) that needs to be learned
« Reply #2383 on: January 09, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
Welcome Mikey,
The more you learn the more you realize how little you know!

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2384 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:47 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Justin. I had a bit of experience with CNC and Mach 3 on a desktop lathe about 8 years ago. I ended reverting the lathe back to manual and have been working by hand since. One of the reasons was lack of collet closer and ability to get the thing to make parts in a production mode. Now I am interested in trying again, and am hoping to retrofit a small toolroom type lathe to CNC. I will be posting a photo of the machine on the General area along with several questions. Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise and experience!
« Reply #2385 on: January 17, 2017, 05:35:12 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this.. We use Mach 3 in our workshop to run our little CNC router. Since Christmas, it's not been talking to the cnc for some reason? where can I go to get an answer? Thanks!!
« Reply #2386 on: January 17, 2017, 05:49:02 AM »
Welcome spindex,
Try posting in the General Mach3 area. You will get a better response.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2387 on: January 17, 2017, 07:09:16 AM »
Cheers
« Reply #2388 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »
Yep,  another new member.  Have been looking around here and other sites looking for  answers to the many questions I have!  I am retired, or in a more sympathetic tone, unemployed.  My passion is with the family and skiing.  I have been making my own skis for about ten years now.  When I started making skis, I had the pleasure to visit and observe another making skis and he had built his own CNC.  I was impressed and needless to say... I have wanted to have my own since.  That time has come and I purchased one. 4x8 with Mach3.  Finding out that this one has it share of gremlins.  Been knee deep for the past several days and am struggling but am determined to get through this!  Stand by as I review further into this site looking for answers and or posting questions in the appropriate places.  In my previous visits i have come to find that those on this site are willing to help and that is great!
ra
« Reply #2389 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
Im Gary, I live and work in Atlanta where I remodel and build homes as well as produce custom woodworking. I am helping a friend who has purchased a millwork shop and inherited a CNC mill. The system was homebuilt from parts of other systems, is quite large and robust. It runs Mach3 and I have been able to get the system up and running but have cut nothing yet. Im looking to learn everything that I can about the system and software as well as training, events where I can meet other users, and any general interaction. Thanks for having me in!