Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:31:29 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511313 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »
Hi,

My name's Mike and I'm addicted to CNC electronics.  I first heard about Mach software about three years ago from some Shopbot renegades who were experimenting with different software and different electronics for their machines.  The bug bit me hard.  I've designed several electronic packages using Gecko G202 and G203v stepper drivers.  I also have a Gecko G101/102 pulse generator and a G100 pulse generator as well as the required Mach 3 plug-in.  I was hoping to integrate the G100 into a commercial controller, but Mariss pulled the plug on that one.  Right now I'm waiting to see how the Smooth-Stepper turns out, as well as the new Gecko G540.

As far as Mach 3 goes, I only use it on the test bench to test my controllers.
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »
Hi
  My name is Chuck Lange. I have been a machinist, fabricator , welder , repairperson for 30 yrs. I own a small machine shop with manual machines . Bought an old Milltronics cnc mill 10 yrs. ago and wanted to retrofit it with cnc. Started surfing around the net and found Mach3. Got involved testing it with steppers and decided to build a router . There is a lot of info on the net this site has help immensely. Keep up the site . I will try to post pictures at some point in time.
Thanks for all the help
« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
Hi All,

I've worked in a few small shops growing up, but got away from the CNC game.  Then, I decided I needed a small machine in the garage.  (running Mach 2, then 3) 

After a few years of making parts for the local hodrod, and motorcycle people, I opened my own Shop, and quit my day job as a Development Chemist. (big change)

I now own "A&L Motorsports" out of latrobe PA, and am running Haas machines on a daily basis.  But, I do still have my little converted harbor freight machine in the garage at home.
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »
Hi,

My name is Les Bidgood.  I am a retired Electronics Engineer that was employed for technical support of semiconductors.  I have a 40 year old Maximat lathe with the milling upright.  I have started to make a CNC router with the equipment that I have and hope to have this project completed early next year. 

The progress so far is due to the fact that I am learning machining from the start and each part made so far has been a further step up the learning curve.  The final unit will be equiped with Mach as this is really an affordable solution.  Being in South Africa has some limitations with a small machining community so progress is in line with the environment.

I must be honest and say that I have been a little intimidated with the know how and knowledge that forum members have.  This is the reason for the late submission of an introduction message.

Thanks for all the help that you sites have provided so far.
Les
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »
hi, my name is martin i come from Bristol UK
i have been working programing/setting an operating in lots of different cnc m/c's for 22years some are conversational some G-code some work direct from dxf files.
i am also in the process of building a cnc router at home mainly because i want to do some more creative things.
other hobby's include music and video production i also enjoy working with stage shows doing lighting pa and various other things.
anyway that's me

martin

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
Les, no reason to be intimidated. Glad your here.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:38 AM »
How do you post on this site?

mvoros
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »
My name is Don, location.. San Diego. I retrofited a 5x10 multicam router with a Bob Campbell enclosure and Mach3.  The machine is operational
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
Hello, my name is Ronny, 26yers old, from Norway..
Have built my own wood router, running Mach3 and Probotix stepper drive/motors.
For CAD/CAM i use Vectric's V Carve Pro 4.6 and Vector Art 3D Machinist.

I stumbeled over the great world of CNC by chance, then decided to build my own router,
everything works just fine :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:21:21 AM by Chaoticone »
« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
My name is Jon, and I run a Tormach PCNC machine at work for light prototype work, primarily making one of a kind fixtures, etc.   I don't have a lot of experience yet; still learning the ropes, but enjoying every minute of it!  I am also trying to save up some money to get a machine of my own for hobby use.  Thanks to all who post on the fourms; your info has saved me countless hours already!  Hopefully as I learn more about it, I'll be able to contribute and return the favor soon!