Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:07:30 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511378 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:42 AM »
Les, no reason to be intimidated. Glad your here. :)

Brett

Yea, just ignore the primate with the automatic and remember he is an endangered species too!
« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »

My name is Frank.  My real job is in the high tech world.

I am a long time manual lathe and mill user (hobby).  I learned my lathe skills from my Grandfather back in the late 60's and early 70's.  He re-purchased a 16" swing, 8' bed Southbend Lathe that he sold between WWI and WWII and rebuilt it.

I purchased a Tormach PCNC1100 CNC mill in 2007 to help me learn CNC machining.
 I'm having good success with the Tormach configured Mach 3 with SheetCam.

My difficulty is overcoming the learning curve of SprutCAM for more complex parts.

/Frank

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2008, 10:31:16 AM »
Moray here.

Currently working on a retrofit to a Harrison mill, which is progressing very slowly.
Hoping to get it finished over the next few months though.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 07, 2008, 10:37:49 AM »
Ned, that is our guard monkey. He is shooting spammers.  ;D  He has a lot of work to do.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
Hi, Im  Juan, I'm from Hermosillo, Mexico.
I have a Taig Tools Micromill, with a microproto 2000 controler box.
We got this tool because we need to engrave almost 3,000 stainles steel tags, with several rows of data on it.
And I'm use it for carving parts, mostrly for fun, some times for work. I'm geting some troubles to get the Gcode right, but Im testing mescam right now.

« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
Well then. I watch, and read mostly. But what the heck, pull up a pillow and we will get on with this.
I was born a poor child in the back woods of Canada. A place called......... ::)

Ya see you fell asleep already.
 Job:I make composite stuff. Mostly RC Sailplanes.
 Software: I still use mach 2 :-\, Turbo CAD 9.something, but I have 12pro in the box ::). Love Sheet Cam. Learning Solid Works. Still scratching head on the 3D CAM choices. I use CeNeCe Pro for wire cutting.
 Machines:
I have taig stuff. It gets used a lot. Designed and built my own 4 axis wire cutting rig for foam. Now working on a gantry style Mill based on the same mechanics.
Hardware: I like Xylotex boards. Probotix Steppers. The wire cutter was built around electronics built by the same company as the software, so a C5 controller and a software controlled output for the wire called a CT.
 Right now my direction is focused on being able to build hollow molded wings and tail parts for sailplanes. So basically to make the jump from 2.5 axis to 3 over the next few months.
 Love Mach 2. Have played with 3 but up till now just have not seen the point to switch. I'm always looking in these Forums for solutions to Mach 2 problems and typically I find them. Unfortunately I don't have anyone local that I know to learn from so these Forums are important.
 Just registered after 3 years of Mach 2 use.
Done
Chad

« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »
Hi All,
Converted variable speed Series II Bridgeport with home built 3-phase converter.  Also have a Monarch 10ee and a big old Bradford engine lathe.  Built my Mach machine out of a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz with huge memory, 13" flat panel monitor which fits nicely into a Bridgport Series 5 control head.  I'm also using the power supply and control box from the old series 5 which gives me plenty of room for the big supply, the pc, the Campbell Designs breakout board, and some future expansion.  When I've learned how to post pictures, I'll send one along, it's a clean and professional setup.
Ed in West Linn, Oregon
« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2008, 10:46:15 AM »
Hi all.

Found Mach in my quest to speed up an older ShopBot. Re-built the control box with GeckoDrives and a much larger power supply.  Still working out some kinks, but getting closer.  I've always been fascinated by automation, so I have slowly learned to put it to work for me when I started my own business.  Aside from the router, we own MAXNC's mini-lathe and mill, a Chinese 55-watt Co2 laser, multiple vinyl cutting plotters and large format printers.

Happy to be here and thankful that there are others out there willing to be leaned on when things get tricky.

Randy
« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2008, 10:47:04 AM »
Hello everyone, My name is David, Ive been a member for quite a while and never posted.  Probably like a lot of you i got the email saying Post or get Dumped!!  so im posting, I have a retrofit Cummings mini mill and i have been using Mach off and on for a while, although my machine hasn't been up and running for a while because i moved i stille follow the post on here.  anyway, keep up the good work and don't dump me!!!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
If anoyone dumps the pint out, I'll get upset.   ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!