Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:38:46 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511494 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »
Hi, my name is Nick Licari, screename nlicari, I have been cruising different cnc forumns for about 1 1/2 years. I am in the process of gathering parts that I need to build my first cnc router. My backround is I grew around my fathers Machine Tool Shop as a kid (no CnC). Worked 24 years in the oilfeild, the last 16 years in Full service car wash maintenance feild. IE: hydraulics, pnematics, welding fabrication, control wiring, and dabble in computers. My hobbies, RC Helicopters,and Planes, I am a dabbler of sorts and always have plenty of projects to keep me busy. I hope, and will learn alot on this forumn! Thanks Nick
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »
Hi, My name is Will. I'm brand new to this forum and this product. I stumbled across it as I was searching for a cost effective way to convert some of the Apple IIE based CNC machines our HS owns. I have some basic knowledge of manual CNC programming and also CAD. As our schools budget is quite tight, I hope to learn enough to convert these machines and build a CNC router as well. My goal is to learn enough to teach the students how to design a part using CAD, and then later via proper software generate code and machine it on a one of the CNC machines. I have taught in the  Baltimore Maryland USA area for the past 30 odd years and was curious to see if someone reading the forum who has successfully adapted/built a machine was located nearby.(always great to see something new firsthand)  This activity should l prove to be a good learning experience for both my students and myself.
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »
Hello all,
          My name is Mel Catalanotto and live in the UK. I purchased my first CNC milling machine about eight weeks ago now and getting on very well now. surprised myself on my memory how much I remembered. I have worked as Quailty Engineer for the last 10 years.

I completed an apprenticeship at GM Vauxhall Motors and worked at various machine shops in my area.
I have just started a small business at part time level for the moment. Just had my first couple of big jobs and hope to full time when I can get a few more customers.

Getting a website made for me now and hope this brings in new business.

I have one cnc mill and will convert my manual mill to CNC too. I have a lathe which is OK but probably purchase another to convert CNC.

Problem is my workshop is getting full up now and will need to extend for all the extras.

I have posted a couple picture on show and tell topic, take a look.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
Hi
My name is Georgy Simeonov and I am mechanicle engineer - designer. I am also the manager of little firm in Sofia, Bulgaria - Maximum Engineering Ltd. My webpage is www.max-eng.com
I use Mach 3 for Plasma Cutting mashine.
I wish you luck. ;)
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 07:45:16 PM »
Hi My name is Rob. I am a Mechanical Engineer and want to get into CNC machining as a hobby and train for my next career.
You'll probably laugh at me but I purchased an x-y table and mounted in on a heavy duty drill press. I thought I'd learn CNC machining from the ground up and practice on this machine with soft materials like wood and foam.

I have about $700.00 into this so far and haven't moved the table a hair. But that's OK, I am just learning.

I purchased the FET-4 dynamo from Stepper world and have downloaded MACH-2. It is a good thing the software is free for now. I can't seem to get it to work with the stepper controller yet. I'll keep trying. I will need help from this forum.

Thanks

Rob
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »
Hi,
My name is Adam I'm Mold maker for 18 year using Mastercam and proengineer. I have hobby CNC router at home and new to Mach3. I still need alot of help to set up. 
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »
Hi. My name is Antti, 21 year old student from Finland. I'm studying to automation engineer.

Now I'm working in Metso Automation, using Mori Seiki and Dörries Scharmann cnc-lathes.

And my hobbies: CNC and cars.. okay, many others, like sports etc. :)

I bought Bridgeport Series 1 cnc -milling machine. It uses BOSS controls and everybody knows that it sucks.

So.. I'm thinking to put mach3 and breakout board to control my mill.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:54:32 PM by ant771 »
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »
hi tony my name
i have just become a member and i have 2 small cnc denford lathe and mill
and i am changing the controllers they where build in the late 80's
i have new stepper motors and drivers, i have a question how do you control
the variable spindle speed on the lathe is it though mach or hard wear ? thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »
Hi, My name is Ken.

I am a jeweler by trade and got into CAD/CAM about 2 years ago. I bought a 4 axis minitech minimill2 about 8 months ago and thats when I learned about Mach3.
I must say, wow! What an impressive program. I never really got into the workings of the program until a week ago when I received homing switches and a tool setting probe and I was forced to learn some of the ins and outs of the program. Now I am addicted and can't seem to get enough  ;D
Thanks to all the good folks here on this forum for the insight and ideas you have sparked!

Regards,
Ken
Regards,
Ken
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 05:06:55 AM »
hi ken
thanks for the reply i am a tool maker and run a small engineering shop in Melbourne Australia, which cad program are you using, am i wrong or is the Mach 3 a g code generator, you first need to draw it in cad, your rigth about Mach it is wow program every time look at it does more.
thanks
tony