Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:16:31 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511418 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1090 on: March 22, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »
Thanks Dick, appreciate!
Andy Berard
wholesale coffee
« Reply #1091 on: March 24, 2011, 05:31:18 AM »
Hi, I'm David.  I'm very new to CNC.  Currently, I'm building a CNC machine that comprises a wooden kit I purchased locally and hooking up a Gecko G540 and stepper motors. 
Woodworking is a relatively new interest and my other main interests are family, cycling and movies.
« Reply #1092 on: March 24, 2011, 06:52:23 AM »
   ;D
Welcome aboard the good ship Machsuport  David there is always room for one more.

Dick

brmachineshop

« Reply #1093 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »
hi,    my name is brad.  i have been a machinist about 13 yrs and have worked in a lot of different shops. i am located in west georgia ( u.s. )  i am currently working in a 5 axis shop that is getting into the aerospace industry.  i aquired a supermax ycm40 cnc knee mill almost two yrs ago. it hasnt ran very much. the controller keeps going out so we have decided to convert it to mach 3. i have ordered 3 dugong drives and a breakout board. i am hoping that figuring out how to hook everything up and tune it all in wont be too hard. the goal is to find customers and work. i really want to be self employed asap. we use cad/cam that a friend of mine has until we can buy our own.  so our work envelope is around 25 x 16 x 5. but of course the knee allows taller parts to be made.  we have made some fairly difficult parts before machine died again. i hope to add an enclosed mill with atc, a lathe, grinder, and eventually a wire edm. also some welding, driill presses, bench grinders, etc.  wherever the work i hopefully find leads.  any help or advise as far as setting up the machine and mach3, and finding work would be greatly appreciated.  my direct email is BrMachineShop@yahoo.com. looking forward to making lots of networking contacts here.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 26, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
Good to see you made it here Brad.
Any questions just post in the General part of the forum and I am sure you will get as much help as you need, lots of smart guys here.
Hood
« Reply #1095 on: March 26, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Hello.  My name is Brian.  I just got my MDF router up and running.  Trying to figure everything out.

« Reply #1096 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »
  ;D   
Welcome aboard Brian good to see that you have started down the C.N.C path if you post your question to the general forum I'm sure that you will be get  the answers you seek  :D

Dick   
« Reply #1097 on: March 27, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »
It's so good to be here guys..I'm kid from Philippines and home to learn from what you share :)

God bless...........
« Reply #1098 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
 :-*  Hi my name is Mariah and I have been interested in making things with machine tools since my teenage days.  In Vo-tech school I studied machine tool technology and got the basics to get hired in machine shops, the pay was great compared to other things and I really enjoyed the work!  As time went on I had the chance to run such things as a Pratt & Whitney Viking (BIG horizontal machining center), Cincinati Millacron, OKK Vertical Machining Center and Mori Seiki turning center.

Since then I have acquired a modest collection of machines in my basement which has turned into a functional machine shop, recently I have retrofitted my 100 year old Hardinge Bros. #4 lathe to CNC with a kit from Logitrol which I am trying to get up and running at this time.

It's nice to be in a group of people with shared interests and I hope some of you will be able to help me with my questions that arise from time to time about programming.

Best wishes to all,
Mariah    :-*
« Reply #1099 on: March 27, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
hi all, I'm new to cnc, but I did some home work before I decided to buy my first router and mach3.
I hope it will help me with my "flying" projects and nice to meet you all.