Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:12:19 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511383 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2030 on: January 20, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »
(Progam to draw 5 concentric boxes)

N10 (SQUARES IN A M LOOP)
N15 G00 Z5
N20 #1=10
N25 #2=10
N30 G00 X#1 Y#2
N35 #2=20
N40 M98 P1000 L5 (go to subroutine at 1000 - that's an "oh" not a zero)
N50 G00 X0 Y0 
N60 M2 (quit)

O1000 (sub routine)
N190 G00 X#1 Y#1
N200 G00 X#1 Y#2
N210 G00 X#2 Y#2 
N220 G00 X#2 Y#1
N230 G00 X#1 Y#1
N240 #1=[#1-2]
N250 #2=[#2+2]
M99 (go back to main program at n50)

Hope this helps Ed
« Reply #2031 on: January 22, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
hi all my name is bedo I'm from Egypt where this field is a kind of magic
i work with this as a hobby and I'm trying to achieve some progress in my country
because of this every one will notice that I'm asking a very primary questions
that I'm a math teacher not engineer but here we are hope to find some where to begin my cnc progress
« Reply #2032 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
hello newbie here just getting into cnc i recently purchased a G0704 and afetr a couple of months I put a cnc kit on and I am inthe process of trying to set it up correctly. This is only a hobby for me have a lathe and love it so I thought that I would try a mill and what little I have done I"m loving it. Hoping to learn alot about it but we"ll see.
« Reply #2033 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:44 AM »
Hello, I'm new to using Mach 3, I have it up and running but I am having massive issues with homing and the spindle... Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
When I try to "ref all home' or 'ref z' (doesn't matter which axis) i get the same error in that when it hits the combined limit/home switch Mach stops and says "external e stop requested"
My limit switches are hooked up to the same input (10) for Z++, X++ and Y++. A++ is separate (11) and the machine E-stop is separate (15). I'm using an ESS smooth stepper and G540 bob and I for the life of me can't work out why this is happening...

My second issue is the spindle (PWM controlled) takes about 3 minutes to ramp up to any decent speed, I can't work out why this is taking so long either but I have checked the average voltage on the output and it seems like it is the PWM signal that is very slow to ramp up rather than within the spindle hardware. Any ideas how i can fix either of these? I would love any help that can be provided!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 27, 2015, 03:19:48 AM »
Hi Dalymople,

Welcome to the forum.

This section is really just for introductions so I would be best if you post your questions, as a new topic, in the Mach3 General section where it will get seen by all and I am sure there will be many suggestions to help resolve the problems you are experiencing.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2035 on: January 31, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
Hi
Not completely new here but was wondering if anyone can help me out with this problem.
Recently purchased Bobcad which is great very pleased. Having a problem with the Arc feature when posting to Mach3. I keep getting an error (RADIUS TO END OF ARC DIFFERS FROM RADIUS TO START).
I scanned the forums and noticed a few people had the same problem but not using Bobcad. I have tried in gen config changing from absolute to inc mode and various other things as suggested but still keep getting the same error.
Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Mick 

Offline Bill DeLong

•  2 2
  • Did I make the A Main?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 03, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
Greetings everyone, total CNC noob here... I just ordered a hobby grade 3020 CNC Router off eBay and plan to get my feet wet within the next couple of weeks. I haven't purchased any software yet, but have been seriously considering Mach3 for my setup. I plan to place the machine on a shelf above my PC in my hobby room. I am an avid R/C Car Enthusiast who regularly races at the club level with various race tracks in my region. The only reason I purchased the CNC Router is to mill my own custom R/C Car parts to enhance performance and durability beyond what the industry is currently limited in offering.

Thanks!
Bill
« Reply #2037 on: February 05, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
Hello everyone! Im based in livingston, scotland.

I'm about to start my first CNC project (Retrofitting a Conect 121 lathe).  This will be my my dads retirement toy!  Also have a wee Denford Orac and a x3 mill to convert once i finish the Conect! Looking forward to the challenges ahead!
Always learning, it's never ending!

Offline JTW

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: February 05, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Amsterdam, Netherlands reporting in! We are just getting started with Mach3. We have older CNCs and when they fail (quite often) it's nearly always computer related, the price of a CNC refit is absurd so we tried it ourselves with a Padovani lathe, and got a very nice machine out of it.
« Reply #2039 on: February 16, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »
 ;DHello , I am new to CNC and mach3 . I am a C23 ornamental ironwork contractor and fabricator . I have a small plasma table and a small mill .