Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:31:25 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511463 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1820 on: October 25, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
Hello I am Dave from Phoenix Arizona and I started using Mach3 about 6 weeks ago when I bought a Taig cnc mill for my company. It is running well and lots of fun. I took 4 CNC classes at Mesa community college using a HAAS toolroom TM1 mill (no tool changer). I am currently making a version of the spindle depth stop I saw on "Cartertools" site so I can preset tool heights and use tool length offsets. This will be like I learned on Haas. Who is the person who wrote up this spindle depth stop ? My hat off to you, you're idea is great! hope mine is almost as good.  Still haven't gotten a MPG, but I plan on getting a vista cnc unit soon. M1 I think. Looks like a good forum and I'm sure I can learn much here. I'm still fairly green. Bye
« Reply #1821 on: October 31, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
I am David Cunningham and run Mach3 on a little router in my basement.  I've worked for over 20 years in other peoples' shops as a toolmaker.  Now I'm making banjos and banjo parts in my basement and hoping I don't go broke doing it!  (:
« Reply #1822 on: November 06, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »
Hello, I'm Jim from South Wales UK, recently purchased a bridgeport interact milling machine, currently awaiting parts to convert to mach3. I hope to create parts for my own use, mainly for my race car.
« Reply #1823 on: November 18, 2013, 03:22:05 PM »
I'm frankie from Socal, and I am new to this but really interested in all of this

Frankie Yepez
Motion Marketplace
www.motionmarketplace.com
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:40:20 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #1824 on: November 18, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
I'm frankie from Socal, and I am new to this but really interested in all of this

Frankie Yepez
Motion Marketplace
www.motionmarketpace.com

Hi frankie, you have missed an l (place) out of your link so it doesn't work as posted.
Nice web site so much as i've seen. Where is Socal
« Reply #1825 on: November 18, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »

Frankie Yepez
Motion Marketplace
www.motionmarketpace.com

Hi frankie, you have missed an l (place) out of your link so it doesn't work as posted.
Nice web site so much as i've seen. Where is Socal

That would be Southern California, and yes it IS like another country!

Offline aahka

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
I'm new to posting anything on the web, so please excuse what I'm sure will beinitial blunders. Is this where I start to get some questions answered? If not, please direct me where to go.  My first of what I expect to be many questions is as follows:
I have been using a gecko G540 on a  home built CNC router for over a year. We recently changed the table from a 4' x 4' to a 5' x 10' table. Then we started to experience recurring faults and E-stop reset messages on Mach3. Now we get a reset message occasionally when we move the Y axis. The X and Z axes work fine. The G540 red fault light comes on and the power green light goes off when movement  stops along the Y axis as the result of an e-stop. We also experience an unusual phenomenon during a rapids command.  When executing the following:
G00X10.8125Y78.5000Z0.2000
The router moves the correct distance along the x axis, but makes no movement along the y axis.  The router also seems to drop at a slow rate along the z axis while moving in along the x axis.
We eliminated the limit switches as the problem by shorting them out during a trial run with no perceptible performance change.
Please provide any troubleshooting advice you can.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 19, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
Is this where I start to get some questions answered? If not, please direct me where to go.

Hi Aahka,

Welcome to the forum.  :)

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. If you post your question, as a new topic, in the General Mach Discussion section you should get the answers you need.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline aahka

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 19, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I 'll do that.
« Reply #1829 on: November 20, 2013, 07:12:41 AM »
Hello all,
             My Name is Joe Roth.   I have been producing cabinets and millwork for the past twenty years.  I was the owner of a large facility in Chatham NJ. I sold the facility in 2009 when the economy was failing.  I now have an extensive amount of woodworking equipment in my home.  I am still figuring out what to call my micro factory.  I have recently purchased a single head Chinese cnc.  It has a 6 HP water cooled spindle and a vacumn table with a 10hp regenerative blower.   I added some casters and leveling feet.  I am now in the process of wiring and setting up the machine.  I did not receive one piece of documentation with this machine, I am hoping with the help of this support group, I can get my new helper working properly. The first owner went out of business and could not be located He had the original mach3 disc and documentation provided by the OEM .  I purchased a mach 3 license downloaded the software and connected it to the controller. The driver test was successful.  Is there any way to read off the controller to determine the factory port and pin settings.  Please feel free to advise me on the correct way to configure the machine.  I have watched initial setup tutorial but have not changed any settings yet.  I will take some pictures of the machine and all of its components to give a better perspective.  I have several questions and will post them with the pictures a little later.  Any responses are greatly appreciated-Joe