Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:07:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511555 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2180 on: October 22, 2015, 01:05:04 PM »
Hi Ricardo,
Good luck with the new router.
« Reply #2181 on: October 25, 2015, 09:21:23 PM »
My name is Anthony. I am very new to this forum and I feel very out of place because I do not know much about CNC. I do however have a problem with my CNC Router. I cannot get the Y axis jog keys to work properly. Is one side of this axis a slave? X and Z Axis work fine! How do I fix this issue?

Thanks In Advance!
Anthony
« Reply #2182 on: October 26, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
Jimmy Here
   I am an industrial technician. Never dealt with cnc mush was not in that industry. Started repairing CNC machines about 10 years ago. Now I am buying them and trying to convert old systems to PC controllers for personal use. Had one Lathe converted and the PC crashed. Now switching to a faster PC and newer motion control system. Also had a 3 axis mill running on Camsoft till the long glass slide crashed. I am trying to get them both back up so I can move on to another one. Dragging my grandson into this so he can learn it. Looking forward to absorbing the knowledge in this forum
« Reply #2183 on: October 30, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
Hi
Im Gary from the Uk i have just had to retire on ill from the Fire Service after 23 years. I decided to buy a Cnc With Aspire and Mach 3 to give me something to do in my workshop. For as long as i can remember Ive enjoyed making things from tables to table lamps,
the Cnc idea seemed an ideal hobby as i wouldnt need to do much heavy lifting ect and as im quite confident using a Pc it seemed the ideal choice.
I only started using my Cnc this september so i am very very green but have to admit i am quite impressed with what i have made so far.
I do like the idea of making Firefighter related items like plaques, clocks ect.
I posted my first question on the forum just a few hours ago and hopefully i will get a few replies.

Thanks for now and i hope to discuss and learn about Cnc from this forum in the future.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 30, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question is yes and hopefully you will quickly get an explanation (in the other thread) of how to do it by people who are better at explaining things than I.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #2185 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »
hi im das from mexico!
just found a lot of helpfull threads in here thanks to everyone! :)

Offline Mc2

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: October 30, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Hello every one,
My name is Joe and I am a machinist. After being employed in a few different shops for the past 32 years I am finally getting my own
shop together. About a year ago I purchased an old Bridgeport, it is in very nice condition now, so I decided to do a CNC upgrade to it.
I purchased a ClearPath servo motor and downloaded Mach3 on a  windows 7 pc. The installation went pretty smooth and everything seems to be working except one very important thing. I am not able to get any motion from the x axis motor.
If anyone has any input on this it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe.
Plug in the usb cable to the back of clearpath motor and run the clearpath software. This will give you an idea of why your axis is not moving. I do know that there is a bug in their tuning software. When you run the automatic tune routine the motor is not switched back into a step and direction mode.

Jim.
« Reply #2187 on: October 31, 2015, 04:30:51 AM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question is yes and hopefully you will quickly get an explanation (in the other thread) of how to do it by people who are better at explaining things than I.

Tweakie.

Thank you Tweakie much appreciated

« Reply #2188 on: October 31, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
My name is Rick Sparber and am new to this forum. Started with manual machining around 1990 and only came over to the "dark side" (CNC) this year. I own a RF-30 mill/drill which now has 4 axes. I run lead screws that let me generate test coupons that are within +/- a thou of my goal in the XY plane.

I use Alibre PE for drawing my parts, CamBam for g-code conversion, and lately Notepad to modify the g-code to make complex shapes.

Part of my hobby is inventing new ways to do things. Since I'm a newbie to CNC, most if not all of my new ways are really just new to me. I also enjoy documenting what I find. Comments from my readers almost always improvement these documents and stimulate interesting conversations. An overview of my work can be found at http://rick.sparber.org/ma.htm. The last entry in the table of contents is CNC but you will also find articles related to CNC in my mill attachments section. You will also find articles of mine in Home Shop Machinist, Machinist Workshop, and soon in Digital Machinist.
« Reply #2189 on: November 01, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
Hi Rick

Welcome to the forum

I have just been having a look at your website, lots of fascinating stuff on there, I really like your parallelogram T Nuts, very handy I think I will make a few of those.

Regards Mark